Morgiv the Enshrouded dialog restarted scenario with banished hands

Leonine

Question

Excited to play Spires of Xin-shalast with my favourite characters. First Scenario, Cabin in the Snow, Merisiel encountered an Ally named Morgiv, described as Enshrouded. This triggered a dialog scene.

After the game returned to the Villain/henchmen/assign location screen. The scenario location decks were as I left them (one closed, others Scryed etc. BUT my charcters hands were GONE. They had drawn new ones, but the old cards were not in discard, bury or reserve deck and my decks were all short the 5-8 cards they had been holding.

Worse yet Morgiv remained atop his deck, Merisiel re-encountered him, and the bug repeated. Now my characters were all nearing death, since another hand had been banished, so I forfeited.

All my crew was unable to draw up to hand size on multiple card types, so I found myself in the vault ( or whatever you call it when you need to make up deck content) with many of my best cards lost forever, my vaut now totally picked over, and the Characters stuck with weak cards they had encountered in the scenario (i.e. charm person and a guide).

So this was a near game ending bug for me. Is there a way to revert to my card list pre adventure? Is there a backup? A character editor? My characters decks are quite wrecked, as is my card collection. I spent a lot of time getting here, and have also spent $ to support the game. Help?

Android 6.0.1

Adventure 6.1 just after new patch (1.6.1?)

Merisiel Ezren Lem Seelah

Pass and Play, Permadeath off

Luckily enough, I do keep a GoogleDocs spreadsheet of my character's items. I'm kind of addicted to spreadsheets...

Here's what I've narrowed down to be the missing cards after the wipes, to the best of my ability:

Ezren:

-Flaming Returning Throwing Axe +1

-Scrying

-Scrying

-Incendiary Cloud

-Fire Bolt

-Gozreh's Trident

-Haste

-Sihedron Medallion

-Robe of Runes

-Headband of Epic Intelligence

-Cat

Harsk:

-Black Arrow Crossbow

-Venomous Heavy Crossbow +2

-Frost Longbow +1

-Acidic Sling +3

-Catskin Leather

-Ring of Protection

-Sepia Ellipsoid

-Shaman

-Shalelu Andosana

-Favor of Norgorber

-Blessing of Milani

-Favor of Erastil

Kyra:

-Flaming Ranseur +3

-Flaming Ranseur +3

-Sunburst

-Scrying

-Invincible Breastplate

-Cat

-Evangelist

-Blessing of Norgorber

-Blessing of Cayden Cailean

-Blessing of Milani

-Favor of Pharasma

-Favor of Gorum

Lem:

-Scrying

-Haste

-Major Cure

-Disintegrate

-Wand of Treasure Finding

-Ring of Protection

-Evangelist

-Shaman

-Shalelu Andosana

-Cat

-Dilettante

-Favor of Abadar

-Blessing of Sivanah

Valeros:

-Dancing Scimitar +2

-Dancing Scimitar +2

-War Razor +1

-Flaming Ranseur +3

-Fortress Shield

-Invigorating Shield

-Scarlet and Green Cabochon

-Staff of Minor Healing

-Jakardros Sovark

-Vale Temros

-Favor of Norgorber

Sajan:

-Amulet of Fiery Fists

-Ring of Protection

-Evangelist

-Shaman

-Father Zantus

-Shalelu Andosana

-Favor of Norgorber

-Blessing of Milani

-Favor of Erastil

-Favor of Erastil

-Favor of Erastil

-Favor of Erastil

Let me know if there is any other information needed to recover the lost data, be it game state, location, time, cards still in hand/deck/piles/etc.

I have had the same issue. So excited to finish.... and now it is back to level 3 cards... My Google games is the same as my username here (#6880) and there is no way I can remember my cards as I had just started playing again. My party was Ezren, Lem, Valeros, Harsh, Lini, and Seoni.

Edited by Thegreatplant

I was hoping there was a save file (I have not played Story mode since this happened, except to look at my decks just now) but if this is how we are doing it...

Best I can do from memory, and we need these cards ADDED because in many cases I now have the card but it was a vault card, and I would like to forfeit a game and return the extra good cards to my vault for future use. There are a lot of missing cards because the bug hit me TWICE in the very first (and only) adventure 6 story game I played after the patch.

PFID-BD7FA784C4FEDA27

Seelah

trident+2

greater aid

scrying

spell ward shield

reflecting shield

steel ibis lamelar

sherif hemlock

blessing of gorm

blessing of lamshtu

Ezren

augury

haste

haste (listing duplicates seperately)

disintegrate

acid arrow

frost ray

lightning bolt

poison blast

incendiary cloud

summon monster

odikiens staff (however you spell it, the metal bodied transmuter loot card)

acolyte

Lem

venomous heavy crossbow +2

acidic sling +? +2 or +3 whatever it is

force bolt

major cure

headband of charisma

orb of firestorm

illsoari gadatheus

shalese whatever (the named elven black arrow ranger with ranged and recon abilities)

yap the pixie

blessing of erastil

bkessing of erastil

Merisiel

venomous heavy crossbow+2

return throwing axe +1

giantsbane dagger +2

snakeskin tunic

sihedron medalion

black arrow ranger

black arrow ranger

sihedron medallion

blessing of lamashtu

blessing of lamashtu

Okay, I'm happy to see that you guys are willing to help us fix our decks!!

PFID: 199FC460130CE5E8

I've listed the characters' current decks and then put an arrow and the correct card after one that I had to grab after the fiasco. I'm sure some of the blessings were different but I'm not worried about those. Any chance I could get enough gold to get one of the new character alts as a consolation prize? I would love to try one of them out while I build up gold to get the rest of them.

Seoni:

Spells:

Fiery Bolt -> Gozreh's Trident

Force Bolt 

Frost Ray -> Haste (not sure what happened here, but there was only one in the box to pull after the fiasco)

Haste

Lightning Bolt -> Blizzard

Lightnihg Bolt

Items:

Necklace of Fireballs

Wand of Enervation

Ring of Protection

Staff of Minor Healing

Allies:

Sczarni Thief

Merchant

Merchant

Sacred Killer

Incanter

Blessings:

Favor of Pharasma x3

Blessing of Pharasma x3

Doctrine of Abadar

Lem:

Weapons:

Venomous Shortbow +1

Flaming Returning Throwing Axe +1

Spells:

Mass Cure

Summon Monster

Charm Person

Greater Aid

Improved Aid

Force Bolt

Items: 

Sihedron Medallion

Vermillion Rhomboid

Emerald Codex

Allies:

Father Zantus

Poog of Zarongel

Ayruzi

Black Arrow Ranger -> Pyromaniac Mage

Incanter -> Fire Cleric

Blessings:

Blessing of Erastil

Blessing of Calistria x2

Blessing of Abadar

Favor of Shelyn

Unity of Shelyn

Amiri:

Weapons:

Shortsword +3 x2

Mokmurian's Club

Dancing Scimitar +2

Greataxe +1 -> Flaming Ranseur +3

Giantbane Battleaxe +1

Warhammer +3

Armors:

Invincible Breastplate

Hide Armor of Acid Resistance 

Breastplate of Fire Resistance -> Ebon Thorn

Items:

Ring of Protection -> Ring of Superior Protection

Amulet of Shocking Fists

Masterwork Tools

Allies:

Smith

Rogue Ape

Silent Enforcer

Blessings:

Blessing of Gorum x4

Favor of Gorum

Blessing of Sarenrae

Lini:

Weapons:

Shortbow +1 -> Acidic Sling +3

Spells:

Fiery Weapon

Augury

Swipe

Scrying

Holy Light

Find Traps

Mass Cure

Major Cure

Items:

Magic Spyglass

Guide to the Beyond -> Ordikon's Staff

Allies:

Saber-toothed Tiger

Monkey

Lizard

Giant Weasel

Bear

Cat

Blessings:

Blessing of Gozreh x2

Favor of Sarenrae -> Favor of Nethys

Favor of Norgorber

Favor of Lamashtu

PFID-272923E5A73F5CB4 

Party 1

Cards Missing:

I can readd most cards myself when i enter story mode with this party (I have not done so so far. I'm not messing with my party until you guys tell me to ^^)

The ones I cannot add myself are marked in red. I can do the others myself so it's less work for you.

Also note that there are some odd ones. Returning Throwng Axe +1 for example is a base set card but I cannot add it to Merisiel even though I should be able to add all cards up to lvl 3 right? Or actually up to lvl 4 when the party is in chapter 6 if I remember the rules correctly.

Some, like Greater Aid are there, but instead of the 3 I have in the vault, there is only one avaliable to be added even though I know I had all 3 of them.

At the same time I could add a second Father Zantus.

I hope my vault wasn't screwed up by the bug!

Merisiel:

Returning Throwing Axe +1

Snakeskin Tunic

Blackclorth Armor

Emerald Codex

Masterwork Tools

Magic Spyglass x2

Wand of Enervation

Staff of Minor Healing

Black Arrow Ranger

Elven Sharpshooter

Blessing of Gozreh x2

Blessing of Abadar

Sajan:

Venomous Dagger +2

Acidic Sling +3

Deathbane Light Crossbow +1

Amulet of Fortitude

Potion of Healing x 2

Staff of Minor Healing

Jakardros Sovark

Blessing of Erastil

Blessing of Calistria

Blessing of Milani

Blessing of Sivanah

Blessing of Cayden Cailean

Favor of Abadar

Seelah:

Major Cure

Improved Aid

Greater Aid

Invincible Breastplate

Breasplate of Fire Resistance

Pyromantic Mage

Sheriff Hamlock

Incanter

Blessing of Iomedae x2

Blessing of Gozreh

Blessing of Lamashtu

Kyra:

Longsword +2 x2

Augury

Cure

Legion Armor

Lizard

Evangelist

Staff of Heaven And Earth

Amulet of Inescapable Location

Blessing of Sarenrae x2

Favour of Sarenrae 

Lini:

Fanged Falchion

Summon Monster

Major Cure

Greater Aid x2

Scrying

Robe of Runes

Ordikon's staff

Velociraptor

Eagle

Toad

Monkey

Blessing of Shelyn x 2

Amiri:

Flaming Ranseur + 3

Greatclub +3

Mokmamurian's Club

Bastard Sword +1

Steel Ibis Lamellar

Hide Armor of Fire Resistance

Beld of Giant Strength
Revelation Quill

Sacred Killer

Blessing of Gorum

Favor of Torag

Blessing of Lamashtu

Edited by Nekratal

I had the same issue.  After many hours, my party's cards were largely wiped.  I'd be more than happy just to have my save back from last week.  If that's not possible, I've just gone back and tried to reconstruct my decks, and it would be great to have these restored:

Merisel

black arrow longbow deathbane light crossbow +1 venomous heavy crossbow +2 acidic sling +3 blackcloth armor sniper's studded leather necklace of fireballs belt of incredible dexterity belt of incredible dexterity improved sage's journal masterwork tools wand of enervation revelation quill black arrow ranger elven sharpshooter shalelu andosana erastil erastil erastil gorum gorum milani

Kyra

fanged falchion vicious double axe +1 mokmurian's club keen scythe +2 augury sign of wrath holy light mass cure greater aid invincible breastplate ebon thorn amulet of inescapable location emerald codex velociraptor gorum gozreh lamashtu sarenrae sarenrae sarenrae sarenrae sarenrae

Ezren

shortspear +3 augury gozreh's trident disintegrate haste blizzard incendiary cloud lightning bolt mirror image poison blast poison blast force bolt robe of runes staff of hungry shadows flask of storm headband of epic intelligence staff of heaven and earth ordikon's staff poog of zarongel pyromanic mage incanter

Seriously! The bug hit me twice in one game, so I'm also down 10-16 cards per character in a 4 person party. So you want a 50 card list from my memory?

The party got forced to take a bunch of crap cards they had picked up in their several turns in 6.1. Then I had to plunder my card vault to make up hand size so the scenario could close. Some of those cards had vault duplicates, some did not, but now my vault has almost no good cards left to choose from.

Are you going to return my cards to the vault also? How do you know which cards to remove from hand to add in the missing cards? I guess you just add like 12 cards per character and I forfeit a scenario so I can manually yank the vault cards back out?

Appology is fine but... did you guys play test this at all? And look back near the top, when I point out that this devastating problem is rolling in from all platforms and isn't just me. Did you close the adventure?

No. So most of the victims here are are not an accident. They are a result of your deliberate decision to keep this bad version running. That's beyond an apology.

So what else are you going to do to make this up to all the people who you decided to let this happen to?

The bug results from a last second dialog change that did not get tested. It was not a deliberate decision I assure you. The change was made and due to a communication error and the change didn't get tested.

​As far as "Close the Adventure" What do you mean? If you mean undoing the content patch that is not possible. We already fixed the issue and working on resubmitting a hotfix to fix the issue. Testing this patch takes the largest chunk of time.

​Again I feel really bad this happened, we all do. :(

PFID-7691C7FBC3FFDEF7

I had this same issue happen to me.

I went back and played the scenario again. A bunch of the cards that I lost were in my discard (for example, when I started the scenario I had 15 cards in my deck and 10 in my discard). Once I completed the scenario, I still had those discarded cards in my decks. So I think I managed to recover most of my cards.

I have a couple that I know I'm missing.

Characters: Seoni, Harsk, Merisiel, Kyra

Sagacity

Bolstering Armor

Force Sling +3

Bewilder

Dominate

Blizzard

Disintegrate

Invincible Breastplate

Adamantine Plate Armor

Headband of Epic Intelligence

Belt of Physical Might

Sihedron Ring

Poor Of Zarongel

Same thing happened to me not only are my cards got banished my party is stuck on the deck organization phase

I don't remember most of the cards but they did have most of the loot cards from previous adventures decks

Cleric had invoke, major cure and augurs

Barbarian had giant bane axe

Rogue had venomous daggers, venomous heavy crosbow and venomous daggers

Senoia had disintegrate and two in cantering

Pfid= 16657206DA7A58AB

As much as i love new updates, I am very worried about this bug deleting my character decks.

I do not have a fix for this but what i may say next may or may not help any of who is about to be affected. I'm sorry for the loss for those who are affected, the extreme hard work everybody has put in and lost makes the bugs i've encountered with losing items in my deck paltry.

I cannot bring your cards back but... I may be able to prevent loss in the first place.

I do not condone this action as some of you may take advantage somehow but nevertheless...

For the time being:

If and only IF you know you're affected by the bug, before you end the scenario or end the manage deck screen after completion, close the app. Yes CLOSE IT. Now reopen the app and go to STORY. You will be presented with the current adventures that have been made. Delete the affected party.

Now from what i can tell, deleting the party will delete the progress and everything you have gotten in that scenario and adventure. What that means is your scenario is just not saved, it doesn't delete your characters, it reverts it back to what it originally was BEFORE you entered a scenario for that party. Also your progression for heroics and legendary may not be completed either. But if i'm right this is far better than losing a whole character deck. 

I seriously hope i'm right about this. 

Edited by aznxknight

Damn! Am I glad that I decided to start a new game from scratch (trying to optimize some of my character/deck builds a little more) before heading into Scenario 6... Guess I'll just go back to playing Fallout 4 in my spare time until we've gotten another patch or three...

I posted m'y pfid before, but I post j'y again because I complete the list of vanished cards.

Velescas#6294

PFID-5EB0312708E01196

Merisiel 14 cards :

- 4 weapons : Force sling +3 ; Black arrow longbow ; Venomous dagger +2 ; Venomous heavy crossbow +2

-3 boons : Samisen ; Staff of minor healing ; Belt of physical might

-2 allies : Shalelu Andosana ; Father Zantus

-5 blessings : Blessing offre Gozreh (*2) ; Blessing of Erastil (*2) ; Blessing of Nethys

Kyra 16 cards :

-2 weapons : Karzoug's burning glaive ; Mokmurian's club

-4 spells : Holy light ; Augury ; Scrying ; Major cure

-2 armors : Magic full plate ; Demon armor

-2 boons : Greater luckstone ; Emerald codex

-2 allies : Brodert Quink ; Shaman

-4 blessings : Blessing or Lamashtu (*2) ; Blessing or Abadar (*2)

I stopped play just after this bug. That was during "Samsung Mhar massif" (6-3) in heroic mode.

I make a new game after, but the save still.

Grenat thanks to you.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/90701-lost-cards-from-morgiv-the-enshrouded-post-here/

You may wish to post pfid's & card lists to the thread started by Stormbringer instead of thus one so they're all in one place. Also important he mentions that he can't see party grouping so if you have more than one version of a character he needs to know which one lost the card.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man