Homosexuality to Heterosexuality

s13ep

Normal people have a feminine respective masculine inner ideal of what they want to spend the rest of their lives with, lets call it the inner waifu. Homosexuals have never developed such and project themselves on their inner waifu. Ergo, they want to screw themselves instead of overcoming their complexes of their masculine and feminine traits. Transsexuals on the other hand, wish to become their inner waifu, meaning that their complexes stem from different kind of complex. Everyone in-between are just confused about themselves.

I'm afraid your projecting yourself onto others. You're rationalizing how people like you (hetero-sexual) could desire to engage in 'different' kinds of sexual patterns without external material motivations. For some one who is implied (by others) to be a fascist from time-to-time you have an awfully egalitarian<-(not the correct use of the term, but best I could come up with) mindset regarding other people.

How on earth does implying that homo- and transsexual people are mentally underdeveloped and burdened by various complexes betray an "egalitarian" mindset...?

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Here's a thought.

Does it matter? Let it go. Let people do what they want, with who they want, as long as no-one gets hurt (if they don't enjoy that). If it doesn't infringe on your relationships, why worry about it?

Edit: Plus, it's not like homosexuality is purely a human thing. It's out there in the animal kingdom. Monkeys do it, dolphins do it, a whole heap of animals will  bugger each other senseless regardless of the "normal" procreative urge. So it is part of nature.

This is more of a thought exercise if I'm not mistaken.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Normal people have a feminine respective masculine inner ideal of what they want to spend the rest of their lives with, lets call it the inner waifu. Homosexuals have never developed such and project themselves on their inner waifu. Ergo, they want to screw themselves instead of overcoming their complexes of their masculine and feminine traits. Transsexuals on the other hand, wish to become their inner waifu, meaning that their complexes stem from different kind of complex.

Man, I have to use this video a lot in response to you, don't I?

It's almost sad how easy it is to hit a nerve with you.

Normal people have a feminine respective masculine inner ideal of what they want to spend the rest of their lives with, lets call it the inner waifu. Homosexuals have never developed such and project themselves on their inner waifu. Ergo, they want to screw themselves instead of overcoming their complexes of their masculine and feminine traits. Transsexuals on the other hand, wish to become their inner waifu, meaning that their complexes stem from different kind of complex. Everyone in-between are just confused about themselves.

I'm afraid your projecting yourself onto others. You're rationalizing how people like you (hetero-sexual) could desire to engage in 'different' kinds of sexual patterns without external material motivations. For some one who is implied (by others) to be a fascist from time-to-time you have an awfully egalitarian<-(not the correct use of the term, but best I could come up with) mindset regarding other people.

When confronted with arguments based outside the spectrum of modernistic spectrum, people tend to throw whatever labels they can in panic. But anyhow, what do you mean by external material motivations?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

How on earth does implying that homo- and transsexual people are mentally underdeveloped and burdened by various complexes betray an "egalitarian" mindset...?

It was the wrong word I admit. What I mean is that he thinks people are fundamentally the same. Thus he comes up with scenarios where some one like HIM (everyone is like him you see) would behave in such ways, and projects that onto others. He thus considers them to be somewhat defective because they are defective versions of himself.

Meshugger: How would I be like that? Maybe if I made myself my inner waifu. 

The difference between my perception of him vs me is that I think that LGBT are so absolutely different from myself that I cannot even hope to fathom why they are the way they are. Thus trying to guess seems to me a complete shot in the dark.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

It's almost sad how easy it is to hit a nerve with you. (...)

When confronted with arguments based outside the spectrum of modernistic spectrum, people tend to throw whatever labels they can in panic.

For someone so enamored with the values of antiquity, you certainly seem to be rather fond of displaying hubris, don't you? "Anybody pointing out how absurdly, ridiculously, completely wrong I am has to do so because they're thin-skinned and panicking! It can't possibly have anything to do with the quality of my ideas!"

Yeah, keep telling yourself that, bro.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Normal people have a feminine respective masculine inner ideal of what they want to spend the rest of their lives with, lets call it the inner waifu. Homosexuals have never developed such and project themselves on their inner waifu. Ergo, they want to screw themselves instead of overcoming their complexes of their masculine and feminine traits. Transsexuals on the other hand, wish to become their inner waifu, meaning that their complexes stem from different kind of complex.

But anyhow, what do you mean by external material motivations?

Get a media job for being gay. Enjoy attention from your progressive friends for being LGBT and moving up the progressive stack. Enjoy the benefits of a homosexual benefactor. 

These would be people who are engaging in LGBT behavior, but only due to outside influence. Take away the job, progressive stack, and boyfriend cash; they'd be straight, or "normal".  

It was the wrong word I admit. What I mean is that he thinks people are fundamentally the same. Thus he comes up with scenarios where some one like HIM (everyone is like him you see) would behave in such ways, and projects that onto others. He thus considers them to be somewhat defective because they are defective versions of himself.

And you don't think that the mindset where "everyone is fundamentally the same, ie. deep down exactly like me, and anybody who differs from me must do so because they're defective in their divergence from the One True Human Being" is borderline sociopathic in its solipsism at the very least shows a strong and rather unsavory authoritarian streak?

Get a media job for being gay. Enjoy attention from your progressive friends for being LGBT and moving up the progressive stack. Enjoy the benefits of a homosexual benefactor. 

These would be people who are engaging in LGBT behavior, but only due to outside influence. Take away the job, progressive stack, and boyfriend cash; they'd be straight, or "normal".  

That particular knife cuts both ways; since open homosexuality is - much like any form of easily discerned divergence from the default - censured by society, how do you know that the very same people who'd be "straight" in such a scenario wouldn't display heterosexual behavior only for fear of negative consequences?

And you don't think that the mindset where "everyone is fundamentally the same, ie. deep down exactly like me, and anybody who differs from me must do so because they're defective in their divergence from the One True Human Being" is borderline sociopathic in its solipsism at the very least shows a strong and rather unsavory authoritarian streak?

He's not suggesting they need to be corrected. Only giving his opinion on how it happens. He may believe that any cure is worse than the disease. Meshugger doesn't seem to me to be a person who likes to resolve conflict with force.

That particular knife cuts both ways; since open homosexuality is - much like any form of easily discerned divergence from the default - censured by society, how do you know that the very same people who'd be "straight" in such a scenario wouldn't display heterosexual behavior only for fear of negative consequences?

I'm slightly confused by the question. Rephrase it so a dumber person could follow it. Are you asking, "How do I know there are straight people engaging in LGBT behavour?" or am I just being dumb?

It's almost sad how easy it is to hit a nerve with you. (...)

When confronted with arguments based outside the spectrum of modernistic spectrum, people tend to throw whatever labels they can in panic.

For someone so enamored with the values of antiquity, you certainly seem to be rather fond of displaying hubris, don't you? "Anybody pointing out how absurdly, ridiculously, completely wrong I am has to do so because they're thin-skinned and panicking! It can't possibly have anything to do with the quality of my ideas!"

Yeah, keep telling yourself that, bro.

Nah, i think that you're lying. A natural reaction is a counter argument, of which you can easily give but choose not to for other reasons,which i suspect is due to emotional ones.

But anyhow, what do you mean by external material motivations?

That was not the angle that i was looking for, i do not think sexuality is easily morphed by mere external and material reasons. I think it is rooted deeply into our psyche, of which in itself is to a certain degree biologically determined on a base level (how much? dunno). Ever seen your friends fall in love with someone that you cannot comprehend why? It's because they match their projected image of their inner waifu, which is deeply personal.

In any case, just because sexual minorities haven't matured psychologically in terms of sexuality(=hetero), it doesn't mean that you have to think less of them or that they are less worth or something. We are all dealt with different cards in life after all, and we owe it to ourselves to play them to our fullest potential.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

This place has too many weirdos.

• Like 5

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Normal people have a feminine respective masculine inner ideal of what they want to spend the rest of their lives with, lets call it the inner waifu. Homosexuals have never developed such and project themselves on their inner waifu. Ergo, they want to screw themselves instead of overcoming their complexes of their masculine and feminine traits. they make up such a little percentage of the population and what they do to themselves is of little matter outside their communities. 

The lines above are considered homophobic statements in many parts of the world, and I highly doubt Obsidian wants anything like this on their forums. Like many others have said in this thread, it's natural and very much normal, and among almost all known species, see the Bagemihl study, for instance. Any claims that it would be underdeveloped and negatively deviant or misformed are at best described as ill-willing misnomers.  

He said that being gay has helped his professional career and that he feels uncomfortable raising kids

The very idea that your sexuality would be a career move or hampering in any parenting capacity is offensive enough, and it just sets certain sexualites apart and besmears them.

I think that LGBT are so absolutely different from myself that I cannot even hope to fathom why they are the way they are.

Why alienating folks that are just like you? People are people. And, besides, every individual is somewhat unique. Describing certain categories of people as "absolutely different" is a dangerous road to set out on, history has taught us that in spades.

sexual minorities haven't matured psychologically in terms of sexuality(=hetero),

This is an old view with no scientific support whatsoever. It's basically just waving a red herring to all attempts to create societies where we all are considered equals.

I do understand that most of these posts are trolling or that they are tongue-in-cheek, but still, enough is enough.

Where are your X-mas spirit, guys?

INB4 "Haha. You took the bait. I was just joking."

I vote for closing this thread and any future threads similar to this debacle.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***