Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

game won't start after patch to 1.1.6

Best Answer Aarik D , 20 December 2016 - 10:27 AM

Hey guys, 

Just to update you all on the issue, we are currently testing the new build right now and will be uploading it to Google Play within a few hours.

Thanks for being so awesome and patient with us!

Update: Hey everyone, another status update: We will be working on a new patch that includes the fixes for older Android devices, as well as some progression breaks. Unfortunately, there will not be a build released today, so I'll do my best to keep updating your guys on the matter. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Update 2: Users who have purchased Daily Gold will be compensated :)

Update 3: Marking this as solved so it will be pinned to the top for ease of reading.

Update 4: Releasing hotfix patch tomorrow morning!

Update 5: Build 1.1.6.1 is currently being process, should be live within the next few hours. Patch notes posted here.

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Aarik D

Aarik D

Community Manager

• Developers
  • 3233 posts
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Hey guys, for those who have purchased daily gold, don't worry, we got you covered! ;)

Sir Real

Sir Real

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 23 posts

Update 2: Users who have purchased Daily Gold will be compensated :)

Update 3: Marking this as solved so it will be pinned to the top for ease of reading.

You sir, are the dude. :thumbsup:

Fcknuckle67

Fcknuckle67

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 44 posts
Still unable to load the game... Galaxy tab a, android 6

Sir Real

Sir Real

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 23 posts

Yeah, they're rolling the fix into a gameplay patch that hasn't been released yet (though it sounds like they're aiming for "soon".)  Watch the post at the top of the thread from Aarik, and he (or someone) will let us know when it rolls out the door.

Fcknuckle67

Fcknuckle67

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 44 posts

Yeah, they're rolling the fix into a gameplay patch that hasn't been released yet (though it sounds like they're aiming for "soon".)  Watch the post at the top of the thread from Aarik, and he (or someone) will let us know when it rolls out the door.
I wish they would edit the thread that says the issue is fixed. Some might say that it's inaccurate, some more cynical might say more...

Amentep

Amentep

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5180 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
The text for 'best answer' doesn't say it's fixed. In fact it specifically says it's not fixed yet, they'll update us when it is fixed and the reason it's listed as answered so that it'll appear at the top of the thread.

Update: Hey everyone, another status update: We will be working on a new patch that includes the fixes for older Android devices, as well as some progression breaks. Unfortunately, there will not be a build released today, so I'll do my best to keep updating your guys on the matter. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Fcknuckle67

Fcknuckle67

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 44 posts
Read the post from announcements. Aarik writes
"Hey guys,

We have fixed the issue with the loading problems as it was posted here: http://forums.obsidi...r-patch-to-116/

Thanks for keeping us up to date!"
So I think I was being accurate... "fixed the issue" suggests they have fixed the issue. Does my english not work?
  • Cyphertalon likes this

Aarik D

Aarik D

Community Manager

• Developers
  • 3233 posts
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Hey everyone,

Tomorrow morning we will be releasing a hotfix patch that fixes the issue with older android devices along with a bunch of major bug fixes! We'll have patch notes for you guys as soon as the patch goes live. 

Again, thank you guys for being so awesome and patient with us!

Amentep

Amentep

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5180 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Read the post from announcements. Aarik writes
"Hey guys,

We have fixed the issue with the loading problems as it was posted here: http://forums.obsidi...r-patch-to-116/

Thanks for keeping us up to date!"
So I think I was being accurate... "fixed the issue" suggests they have fixed the issue. Does my english not work?

Ah, I see what you're saying; I think they clarified that in this thread the fix was done being rolled into more fixes but if you don't read this thread, you could be confused. With the post the fix will roll out tomorrow, hopefully the issue will be taken care of.

Darkren

Darkren

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 78 posts

Thanks for taking the time, Aarik.

As thanks..  I wasn't planing to buy anything for the game for a while, but name a pack or whatever and I'll buy it.  

Gotta support the things you enjoy, right?

• Sir Real likes this

SPLOTR

SPLOTR

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
What time zone are we talking about here? Just out of curiosity.
  • Cyphertalon likes this

Aarik D

Aarik D

Community Manager

• Developers
  • 3233 posts
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Patch notes for 1.1.6.1 are posted! Builds are being processed right now! Should be another hour or two! 

Sir Real

Sir Real

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 23 posts

Woot!  Downloading now in the western US, for what it's worth.

EDIT: And confirmed that the fix did in fact solve the problem, at least for me.  Thanks again!

For the daily gold thing, do you want us to put in a support ticket requesting credit/extra days/whatever?  Or do you know who was affected already?

Edited by Sir Real, 22 December 2016 - 02:45 PM.

Darkren

Darkren

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 78 posts

Has this gone through for anyone?

• Lord_StarfoX likes this

Lord_StarfoX

Lord_StarfoX

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts
I reinstalled it on 12/22 4:30 CST and it worked.

StormbringerGT

StormbringerGT

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • Steam:StormbringerGT
  • Xbox Gamertag:StormbringerGT
  • Kickstarter Backer

Once the patch is approved through Google and Apple it is out of our hands. I know it populates the US servers first and then it can take some time to make the rounds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users