game won't start after patch to 1.1.6

Sir Real

Question

Playing on a LG-D415 Android 5.0.2 phone.  My PFID is apparently 9F10552F50FABA72.  The game ran normally at lunchtime today, before the 1.1.6 patch (~20:00 GMT).  When I tried to start it up a couple of hours later the 1.1.6 patch had arrived, so I updated the app, and it now hangs at the Obsidian / Paizo / Unity splash screen.  (The loading icon starts out moving, but stops shortly after.)

• Like 2

Hey guys, 

Just to update you all on the issue, we are currently testing the new build right now and will be uploading it to Google Play within a few hours.

Thanks for being so awesome and patient with us!

Update: Hey everyone, another status update: We will be working on a new patch that includes the fixes for older Android devices, as well as some progression breaks. Unfortunately, there will not be a build released today, so I'll do my best to keep updating your guys on the matter. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Update 2: Users who have purchased Daily Gold will be compensated :)

Update 3: Marking this as solved so it will be pinned to the top for ease of reading.

Update 4: Releasing hotfix patch tomorrow morning!

Update 5: Build 1.1.6.1 is currently being process, should be live within the next few hours. Patch notes posted here.

• Like 4

So, I was REALLY excited to download 1.1.6 and get started on the last Adventure Deck.

Unfortunately, as soon as I downloaded and updated, I tried to open Pathfinder... and it froze during the loading screen. I'm running a Galaxy S5 Model SM-G900V, running Android 6.0.1, kernel version 3.4.0, Build number MMB29M.G900VVRU2DPJ2.

I've tried closing out the window and re-running the app. I've tried force halting the app. I've even tried uninstalling and re-downloading the app. Nothing works, it just freezes at the Obsidian/Paizo/Unity load screen with the bladed wheel loading icon.

Please, PLEASE tell me you're aware of the problem and rushing to get a fix out?

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

Fantastic news! We have corrected the root of the issue and will be uploading a new android build later tonight! Once that is out, just update your game where your adventure awaits! 

Edit: Sorry if the wording was confusing at all. I will make a post when the build is live. 

• Like 2

I don't think the build is out yet. Mind you I'm new to this stuff, but I don't see any update available yet, SPLOTR

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Soooo.... given that this is going to take at least another day...

(No pressure guys.  I mean I'm anxious to play the new content, but I understand that producing solid fixes takes time.  But...)

Does anyone know if we can ask for a credit on daily gold we miss during time that we can't login for technical reasons?  Or just an extension on the time that the daily gold lasts would be fine by me.

Hey guys, 

Just to update you all on the issue, we are currently testing the new build right now and will be uploading it to Google Play within a few hours.

Update: Hey everyone, another status update: We will be working on a new patch that includes the fixes for older Android devices, as well as some progression breaks. Unfortunately, there will not be a build released today, so I'll do my best to keep updating your guys on the matter. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Aarik, thanks for continuing to update us on this. If it's some of the nastier bugs we're hearing about (The ally that banishes the hand of everyone in your party, for example), I'm happy to wait another day or more to get logged into the game.

Still unable to load the game... Galaxy tab a, android 6

Yeah, they're rolling the fix into a gameplay patch that hasn't been released yet (though it sounds like they're aiming for "soon".)  Watch the post at the top of the thread from Aarik, and he (or someone) will let us know when it rolls out the door.

Still unable to load the game... Galaxy tab a, android 6

Yeah, they're rolling the fix into a gameplay patch that hasn't been released yet (though it sounds like they're aiming for "soon".)  Watch the post at the top of the thread from Aarik, and he (or someone) will let us know when it rolls out the door.
I wish they would edit the thread that says the issue is fixed. Some might say that it's inaccurate, some more cynical might say more...

The text for 'best answer' doesn't say it's fixed. In fact it specifically says it's not fixed yet, they'll update us when it is fixed and the reason it's listed as answered so that it'll appear at the top of the thread.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man