Patch 1.1.6: Spires of Xin-Shalast | Bug Fixes | Character Equipment Set | and More!

The variant characters are intriguing.

The one I don't understand is Armored Valeros.  Valeros is already very tough to kill, and explores very slowly. I don't understand giving him more armor and taking away an explore.

Agreed. This Valeros also lacks a 'something extra', that everyone else got (Seelah got a better Divine, Lem got a Light Armor proficiency, Harsk got a bigger hand size, etc). He just got a change of stats and lost an useful card for a less useful one...

(And if you argue that he changed a d4 on Fortitude checks for a d10+1, well, Seelah also changed a d4 Diplomacy for a d10+1 Diplomacy, besides a d8-based Divine becoming a d10-based Divine...)

Cheers!

Mauricio

PS: Maybe an ability to recharge any armor (even non-magic ones) at the end of the turn could be useful for this new Valeros - it would make him very newbie-friendly...

Edited by MauGibrin

iPad 4 iOS 10.2

So many bugs! So... many... bugs.

Druid is sometimes unable to recharge creature allies, I discovered this with the monkey using its ability to get a boon.

Cleric no longer recharges blessings of Sarene, doesn't even count them towards daily missions of using blessings either.

Getting absolutely REKT by this Morgiv guy. I've encountered him once on mission one: he gives me the text from the beginning of mission two, restarts the mission with all the locations I closed previously remaining closed. Same thing happened on mission two, only as soon as it restarted the mission, it ended the mission, giving me no reward. Each time this happens it leaves my characters with a handful of cards. He simply removes most of my characters' cards, cards which aren't even available in the post-battle inventory page. So because of this gentleman, I've lost some fantastic cards that I've spent the entire campaign trying to find.

I'm a little sad a bug this big is out there; having paid for this game, I'm curious to see what Obsidian has to say about it, and how they plan to compensate.

My game is still asking for an update..but the googleplay store doesn't have any update. A few hours waiting isn't a problem...but I'm sure there's been a lot of hours in the past 2 days already.

I have the game in both my tablet and my phone. I'm having the same problem as you on the phone, but not the tablet. My best guess is that for some reason the update is been set up as tablet only (probably accidentally) and the game checks for an update on its own. That's why you get the message in the game, but you can't download anything

I know of tablet apps that you can't even see on the store from a phone. I didn't know this could be the case for updates, but it's the closest I've got.

By the way, don't worry too much about not getting the update. You are probably better off right now as it's riddled with some nasty bugs and it has broken some things that worked (because writing unit tests is for losers).

Until they fix the bug that banishes the whole hand of all characters in a party I'm not getting anywhere close. So you can safely wait for a patch or two and hope for the best.

My game is still asking for an update..but the googleplay store doesn't have any update. A few hours waiting isn't a problem...but I'm sure there's been a lot of hours in the past 2 days already.

I have the game in both my tablet and my phone. I'm having the same problem as you on the phone, but not the tablet. My best guess is that for some reason the update is been set up as tablet only (probably accidentally) and the game checks for an update on its own. That's why you get the message in the game, but you can't download anything

I know of tablet apps that you can't even see on the store from a phone. I didn't know this could be the case for updates, but it's the closest I've got.

I can confirm this is not the case, at least for the Google Play store. My wife and I both use the same model of phone, on the same OS. I saw the update, she didn't. It's something far more weird. Apple store... maybe?

The game isn't working on my phone. It doesn't even pass the initial loading screen.

Samsung Galaxy E5, Android 5.1.1

After Update, the game doesn't even pass the initial loading screen

samsung galaxy A7

Hey guys,

We have fixed the issue with the loading problems as it was posted here: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/90608-game-wont-start-after-patch-to-116/

Thanks for keeping us up to date!

So you fixed the issue? I don’t see any fix when i go to the directed thread. Just like i keep looking for the multiplayer mode that IS STILL part of the Google Play app advert... Aarik it would be nice to see better accuracy and honesty here... And i still can't load the game...

Edited by Fcknuckle67

The game isn't working on my phone. It doesn't even pass the initial loading screen.

Samsung Galaxy E5, Android 5.1.1

After Update, the game doesn't even pass the initial loading screen

samsung galaxy A7

Hey guys,

We have fixed the issue with the loading problems as it was posted here: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/90608-game-wont-start-after-patch-to-116/

Thanks for keeping us up to date!

So you fixed the issue? I don’t see any fix when i go to the directed thread. Just like i keep looking for the multiplayer mode that IS STILL part of the Google Play app advert... Aarik it would be nice to see better accuracy and honesty here... And i still can't load the game...

Yes, they fixed the issue, and it will be released with the upcoming update. Top of the thread, in green. They're being _VERY_ open and honest about these issues. Chill, man.

• Like 2

Generally, I hate situations which require you to banish cards (i.e., when closing locations). It's just lame. Why the heck do I want to banish the card I've played 50 scenarios to obtain?

Anyway, I can deal with these buy forfeiting in most uncomfortable cases.

But these bugs you are talking about (banishing the entire hand :blink: ) are just outrageous! How the heck is it even possible? It seems that for each bug fixed every new release introduce two more bugs.

As suggested, I'm not going to update until I'm 100% sure developers dealt with this problem. Hopefully, they will not wait for another month to do it.

P.S. Samsung Galaxy S3: Can's update 1.1.5.1 to 1.1.6. I have several scenarios going on - will their progress be saved if I re-install the app?

The story mode is saved to the cloud, the quest mode is not. Or at least it has not been so before.

Confirmed. I re-installed the app and was able to correctly finish the Story mode scenarios which were already running.

However my Quest mode characters lost couple of levels.

What's more terrifying is that after each Quest mode scenario a Card Feat is given for each 10 levels your character has. So my lvl40 characters receive 4 Card Feats after each scenario :blink: !!!

First: this is not fun at all.  ;(

Second: when you have no more points to spend you are stuck  :banghead:

I hope some fixes are to be provided soon (by which I mean: SOON !!! ).

P.S. Also along with Seelah's "Inheritor's Favor", Kyra's "Dawnflower's Favor" and Lini's "Wild Empathy" powers not working as expected (see above), Harsk's "Reload" does not work as well.

P.P.S. Is it only me or the game eats battery a lot faster now?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I reinstalled the app after several months and I found this amazing version of the game. Really I can't explain how happy I was and how enjoyable it is the game now with all the changes you made in the last months.

All the changes make now the game much more interesting and stimulating, with wider possibilities and so many playable styles.

I really appreciate your great effort to make the game always better. The difference is really tangible guys. Also you confirmed my idea about your great creativity and game design capability.

So, why has it taken so long? :)

Now, the technical reports :p

I have encountered several issues that make the stability and efficiency the main problems at the moment.

- there is a delay in game response when switching characters or locations (played on Asus ZenPad 8 ) of 1 sec, quite annoying if you experience that one hundred of times every game.

- a couple of times UI stopped to respond to button tap action (button showed graphical response without activating the corresponding function)

- several times I had to exit to game main screen to resolve a freeze in the UI (they are already described in technical section posts)

- a couple of time I had to kill the application to resolve a progression break (idem)

- one time I experienced the most incredible issue in a game with dice: dice rolled out the screen!! (i got 0 value returned).

After that I'm really looking forward to the multiplayer feature to have the cherry over the cake! :)

Anyway, keep going guys, the game is one floor above now!

Also a happy New Year to all of you!  :)

Edited by RedPred

All the changes make now the game much more interesting and stimulating, with wider possibilities and so many playable styles.

Well, there's a happy camper! Good to see!

Myself, my experience is completely the opposite. I've lost all motivation to play because my Quest characters are all level-capped and the bugs in Story mode just make playing on Legendary too frustrating to be worth the effort (for me). Add those two together and so now I've got no gold coming in, so I can't afford AD6 (probably a good thing seeing as how full of bugs it appears to be) and therefore I've abandoned playing altogether. Sad, but true.

Well, there's a happy camper! Good to see!

Myself, my experience is completely the opposite. I've lost all motivation to play because my Quest characters are all level-capped and the bugs in Story mode just make playing on Legendary too frustrating to be worth the effort (for me). Add those two together and so now I've got no gold coming in, so I can't afford AD6 (probably a good thing seeing as how full of bugs it appears to be) and therefore I've abandoned playing altogether. Sad, but true.

I ran B-1 on legendary a ton of times with little-to-no gamebreaking issues (healing broke once or twice and I may have had a card be discarded for no reason, but nothing serious for a scenario THAT easy). My pre-AD6 party would straight up succeed all combat checks just because of the +X added to every roll.

AD6 (and all other scenarios) have a decent amount of bugs, yes. 5-1 is especially a pain because of the whole Hound issue. Nevertheless, I still beat every single damn scenario on Legendary. It was actually more fun, coming up with ways to avoid bugs like in 5-1 or simply having to bury my whole deck to defeat Karzoug with my very last card.