Patch 1.1.6: Spires of Xin-Shalast | Bug Fixes | Character Equipment Set | and More!

We will be pushing the 1.1.6 update soon and here's what will be in the major patch update! When the update goes live, please allow a few hours while the build goes across all platforms and regions. (You may experiencing the game asking for an update with no update to be found, during this process.) 

You'll also find a blog from Flounder about character alts and a possibility of a goblin invasion! Read more about it here.

What's New!

Deck 6: Spires of Xin-Shalast is now available!

• 5 New scenarios, including the epic conclusion to the Rise of the Runelords adventure
  • 4 new locations
  • 4 new maps
  • Over 40 new monsters, henchman and villains
  • More weapons, spells, items, loot and more!

Character Equipment Sets!

• Each character has an alternate version that can be purchased in the store
  • Equipment sets can be equipped on any character that is not actively in a scenario.  When selecting your party (or managing it between scenarios) just tap the shirt icon next to the character to equip the alt.
  • Each alt has alternate art.  Stat-wise, they're mostly the same as the original with some tweaks to skills, card feats and some have power changes. Below is a breakdown of the changes, as compared to their base version.

Shadow Merisiel

• Strength D6 (down from d8)
  • Wisdom D8 (up from D6)
  • Acrobatics +1 (down from +2)
  • Stealth +3 (up from +2)
  • Starting Allies 1 (down from 2)
  • Starting blessings 3 (up from 4)
  • Sneak Attack renamed to Shrouded Sneak Attack now adds +1 to the discard for all versions.

Survivalist Amiri

• Constitution D10 (up from D8)
  • Charisma D4 (down from D6)
  • Starting Weapons 4 (down from 5)
  • Starting Allies 3 (up from 2)
  • Barbarian Rage renamed to Relentless Barbarian Rage, can now be used for survival checks in addition to Strength, Melee or Constitution.

Scholar Ezren

• Dexterity D4 (down from D6)
  • Wisdom D10 (up from D8)
  • Arcane +1 (down from +2)
  • Knowledge +3 (up from +2)
  • Starting Weapons 0 (down from 1)
  • Starting Items 4 (up from 3)
  • Expanded spellbook and Focused spellbook renamed to Augmented and Enriched,  now works on items with the magic trait in addition to spells.

Forest Harsk

• Constitution D10 (down from D12)
  • Wisdom D8 (up from D6)
  • Fortitude +1 (down from +2)
  • Survival +3 (up from +2)
  • Starting weapon 4 (down from 5)
  • Starting Ally 2 (up from 1)
  • Starting hand size 6 (up from 5)

Sunwrought Kyra

• Strength D8 (up from D6)
  • Wisdom D10 (down from D12)
  • Melee +3 (up from +2)
  • Fortitude +2 (down from +3)
  • Starting weapon 3 (up from 2)
  • Starting armor 1 (down from 2)
  • Enemy Lore: Undead now adds an additional +1 to checks vs undead.

Lieutenant Lem

• Dexterity D10 (up from D8)
  • Wisdom D4 (down from D6)
  • Knowledge +4 (up from +3)
  • Diplomacy +2 (down from +3)
  • Gains Light Armor proficiency
  • Gains possible Heavy Armor proficiency upgrade

Feral Lini

• Dexterity D8 (up from D6)
  • Charisma D6 (down from D8)
  • Knowledge +2 (down from +3)
  • Survival +3 (up from +2)
  • Starting items 1 (down from 2)
  • Starting allies 4 (up from 3)
  • Beast form renamed to Savage Beast Form, now adds a d12 (up from d10)

Painted Sajan

• Wisdom D6 (down from D8)
  • Charisma D8 (up from D6)
  • Acrobatics +3 (up from +2)
  • Fortitude +1 (down from +2)
  • Craft +2 added
  • Starting weapons 1 (up from 0)
  • Starting allies 2 (down from 3)

Formal Seelah

• Constitution D6 (down from D8)
  • Intelligence D6 (up from D4)
  • Melee +1 (down from +2)
  • Divine move to Charisma
  • Diplomacy +1 added
  • Starting armor 2 (down from 3)
  • Starting items 1 (up from 0)

Frostfire Seoni

• Dexterity D10 (up from D8)
  • Charisma D10 (down from D12)
  • Diplomacy +1 (down from +2)
  • Arcane +3 (up from +2)
  • Starting Spells 4 (up from 3)
  • Starting Blessings 4 (down from 5)
  • Arcane blast renamed to Stormfire Blast, now adds 2d4 (instead of 1d6) and the cold trait in addition to the other base traits.
  • Acid blast altered to also replace the cold trait.

Armored Valeros

• Dexterity D6 (down from D8)
  • Constitution D10 (up from D8
  • Melee +1 (down from +2)
  • Fortitude +1 added
  • Starting armor 4 (up from 3)
  • Starting allies 1 (down from 2)

Dice now available for purchase!

• Basic, Marbled and Luminous dice are available for gold.
  • Epic and Legendary dice are real money purchases only.

Weekly Challenges Now Available!

• Get an extra bonus for completing a predetermined number of daily challenges each week!

New Boosters!

• 18 brand new boosters added to treasure chests!

New Dice!

• 3 new Legendary dice now available!
    • Find them in chests or for purchase in the store.
Top Community Issues

These are issues you have all helped to bring to our attention. We can't thank you enough for your feedback on the game! These issues have been the most discussed here on the forum and these, along with many more, will be fixed when 1.1.6 goes live!

• Ezren: Fixed a possible progression break that could occur if multiple characters had an end of turn spell to recharge and Ezren used Expanded Spellbook.
  • Quest Mode Rewards: Fixed a progression break that could occur when rewarded power feats
  • Rewards: Fixed a progression break that would occur if a character gained a power feat and had no more feats to choose from.
  • Shimmering Veils of Pride: A number of issues including some possible progression breaks involving Villains at the Shimmering Veils of Pride have been resolved.
Other Fixes

Here's the list of other fixes we've addressed in this patch, broken down by type!

Progression Breaks

• Birdcruncher Crown: Resolved a possible progression break that could occur if using during a villain encounter
  • Cape of Escape: Fixed a possible progression break if an off turn character used the Cape to evade a villain's summon.
  • Temple: Fixed a progression break that could occur if you evade to it, then encounter a monster with a BYA power on the next turn.
  • Skill Panel: Fixed a UI lockup that could sometimes occur when double tapping on the Skill Panel dropdown.

Cards

• Falling Bell: No longer incorrectly retains the difficulty reduction if encountered multiple times in the same turn
  • Simulacrum of Vraxeris: No longer incorrectly recharges hand when succeeding the BYA check at the Shimmering Veils of Pride, and also no longer recharges displayed cards when failing the BYA check.
  • Summon Monster: Can now be recharged on characters with Arcane/Divine.
  • Swipe: Resolved an issue where Swipe would function incorrectly when used vs items
  • Token of Remembrance: Can now properly be cancelled when played.  This should help some users work around a progression break when you can't interact with cards in the examine tray.
  • Velociraptor: Now can correctly be discarded prior to your first exploration of the turn.

Character

• Seelah: Inheritor's Favorite now functions as intended.

Locations

• Shimmering Veils of Pride: Now forces a recharge when characters with auto success recharge powers fire.
    • Lem's Quick Wit will now correctly make the power fire.
    • Merisiel's Inspired Dexterity, Kyra's Dawnflower's Favor, and Lini's Wild Empathy no longer incorrectly triggers the power.

Quest Mode

• Rewards: Fixed an issue that would sometimes allow banes to be granted as rewards

Scenarios

• Thassilonian Sins: Players are no longer forced to move after cornering and defeating the final villain

UI

• Emerald Codex: Cards played from the Codex using contextual buttons will no longer sit in the middle of the screen briefly afterwards.
  • Emerald Codex: Now has a slight glow when cards can be played
  • Hand: Loading into a game with an empty hand will no longer have them sort on top of each other when cards are drawn at the end of turn.

Vault/Gallery

• Card Counts: There is now the correct number of Azavens and Scribblers in the Gallery.

Cards Modified from the Physical Game

We sometimes change cards from the ones found in the Physical version of the game - generally due to technical reasons, although sometimes per request from Paizo or Loneshark.  Here's the list of cards modified in this patch!

• Cannibal Haunt: Text added to state that when the haunt is encountered, it is defeated.

Modified in previous patches:

• Acid Arrow: Card modified from Arcane die + 2d4 to Arcane die + 1d10+1.
  • Alu-Demon Sister: Card modified from a "Before you act", perform a die roll, to "Before you play a spell that has the Attack trait" perform a die roll.
  • Bandit: Veteran trait added.
  • Black Magga: Card modified from a "Before you act," perform a die roll, to "Before you play a spell that has the Attack trait" perform a die roll.
  • Emerald Codex: Banish power of the card removed.  The only power on this card is the Bury version.  Current power: "Bury this card to display three new spells that have the Divine trait.  You may play each of these cards as if it is in your hand; after you do, banish it.  At the end of the scenario, banish any that remain."
  • Goblin Warchanter: Card modified from a "Before you act," perform a die roll, to "Before you play a spell that has the Attack trait or a weapon" perform a die roll. 
  • Hag: Card modified from a "Before you act" perform a die roll to "Before you play a spell that has the Attack trait" perform a die roll.
  • Haunt: Text added to state that when the Haunt is encountered, it is defeated.
  • Hook Mountain Hag: Card modified from a "Before you act" perform a die roll to "Before you play a spell that has the Attack trait" perform a die roll.
  • Holy Candle: Power changed to a Banish from Bury for added blessings to the blessings deck.
  • Levitate: Removed from the game and replaced with Stride.  Stride's power: "During your turn, discard this card to move another character.  At the end of your turn, discard this card to move.  After playing this card, if you do not have the Arcane skill, banish it; otherwise, you may succeed at an Arcane 8 check to recharge this card instead of discarding it."
  • Lokansir: Card modified from a "Before you act" perform a die roll to "Before you play a spell that has the Attack trait" perform a die roll.
  • Mistress Delvahine: Card modified from a "Before you act", perform a die roll, to "Before you play a spell that has the Attack trait" perform a die roll.
  • Reduction Field: Reworded If Undefeated power to "If undefeated, attach this card to its location deck.  While attached, the difficulty of Strength and Melee checks at this location is increased by 4.".  The original stated to "display this card faceup next to its location deck."
  • Rimeskull: Scenario power modified from "Characters may not move to or explore" to "may not move to or encounter cards"
  • Snake: Discard power updated to add to Strength combat checks.  Original only allowed Melee.
  • Shimmering Veils of Pride: Location modified to state: "When you succeed at a check on your turn, recharge a card."  The original text was for any succeeded check at that location would cause a recharge to occur.
  • Succubus: Card modified from a "Before you act", perform a die roll, to "Before you play a spell that has the Attack trait" perform a die roll.
What is a Warchanter-like?

Warchanter-like cards are cards that have a power that forces a check or roll when playing a card of a certain type (named such as the Goblin Warchanter was the first to exhibit this power).  In general, they trigger when playing spells with the attack trait (but there are exceptions).

Warchanter-likes include (but are not limited to):

• Goblin Warchanter
  • Lokansir
  • Alu-Demon Sister
  • Succubus
  • Mistress Delvahine
  • Hidden Beast
  • Gamigin
  • Shemhazian Demon
  • Leng Spider

As always we'll be checking the technical support forums on release of the patch for any and all feedback you all provide. Thank you all for making the launch of Pathfinder Adventures be an awesome one and we look forward to bringing you more content as soon as we can!

• Like 4

I second that, the pricing structure is insane.... The whole game for $35 sure. 50 treasure chests for $25 ok.... But 1 character or one pair of dice for $10!!!!! (Price in AUD).

But I am happy to see the weekly challanges, hopefully we see some nice cards as bonuses appearing weekly.

The game isn't working on my phone. It doesn't even pass the initial loading screen.

Samsung Galaxy E5, Android 5.1.1

After Update, the game doesn't even pass the initial loading screen

samsung galaxy A7

Hey guys,

We have fixed the issue with the loading problems as it was posted here: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/90608-game-wont-start-after-patch-to-116/

Thanks for keeping us up to date!

First thanks for that and happy Christmas. You implementation of this game is getting better with each release.

I see the idea of going to a 7th level, but the paper game has been tried and tested for years with an amazing balancing act, this won't be the case of this extension so I am bit wary about that. Plz negotiate the licence of the other 3 big boxes and restart the pirate story with the same GUI, that would be much better for me.

I am a big fan and bought a fair amount of gold to support the development, but I must say the pricing of the alt characters is really on the high side and could be reviewed down. (You can get a full AAA game of the year on a PS4 for 59$ or 2 on steam sales)

Again, happy that you made it to the end.

The prices do seem extremely high.

And just so I'm not one of those "I want everything free", I've paid for the whole game, and I signed up for monthly gold a few months.

I do find it pretty high that a month of gold buys only 1 set of dice or 1 character. Just my 2cp.

• Like 1

Hi anyone else with Android having issues updating? Trying to use Google play from Pathfinder app link...And there's no "update" option only uninstall and go to app. Afraid to uninstall and reinstall don't wanna loose everything I've acquired. Anyone know if I uninstall re install will I keep in game stuff?i Have a separate Google play act. That always logs in when I start Pathfinder app. Just want Access to my dailies man!

• Like 1

Hi anyone else with Android having issues updating? Trying to use Google play from Pathfinder app link...And there's no "update" option only uninstall and go to app. Afraid to uninstall and reinstall don't wanna loose everything I've acquired. Anyone know if I uninstall re install will I keep in game stuff?i Have a separate Google play act. That always logs in when I start Pathfinder app. Just want Access to my dailies man!

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling on my phone, which I don't usually use to play.

This got me the updated Version and everything unlocked so far is still available to me.

As far as I have seen before only running games are lokaly and all progress is linked to your google/ ios game account.

• Like 1

Dice now available for purchase!

• Basic, Marbled and Luminous dice are available for gold.
  • Epic and Legendary dice are real money purchases only.

(...)

New Dice!

• 3 new Legendary dice now available!
    • Find them in chests or for purchase in the store.

Hmmm... That means we can only get (older) Epic and Legendary dice with real money, but the 3 new Legendary dice still can be found in chests? Or did I miss something?

Cheers - and thanks for the good news!

Mauricio

Edited by MauGibrin

I too have already spent a lot of money on both real cards ($100) and the digital game (around $50) so far. I am certainly not spending double that for a character with slight modifications or fancy dice. Too bad too... I was hoping the existing model would carry over to the next three box sets. Bring those prices more in line with what has been up to this point and I'm still buying, but at these prices I'm not even bothering with the monthly chests any more. Besides I kept getting the same 10 cards over and over anyway...

Edited by kdl88

As a Rise of the Runelords Bundle owner (and since the Alt bundles/Alt individuals include the original characters), I strongly feel RotR Bundle owners should receive at most a 50% discount (Alt bundles should cost $14.99 and the Alt individuals should cost 3500 or 3000 gold).  There's no way I'm paying $29.99 or 7000/6000 gold for these Alts, since I already own the original characters.

As a Rise of the Runelords Bundle owner (and since the Alt bundles/Alt individuals include the original characters), I strongly feel RotR Bundle owners should receive at most a 50% discount (Alt bundles should cost $14.99 and the Alt individuals should cost 3500 or 3000 gold).  There's no way I'm paying $29.99 or 7000/6000 gold for these Alts, since I already own the original characters.

Yeah, I agree that the "Buy It Now" price is a little steep (bundle owner or not).  However, I can't help but feel that if Obsidian released two alts per month over the next 6 months, there would be far fewer complaints.  

They hit us with a real-life version of the Vault of Greed.  Stiff (financial) penalties if you start grabbing around first-thing, but a little patience will get you there if you have some restraint.

Also... now that the new Weekly/Monthly/Whateverly challenge system is coming online, wouldn't it be super-cool if they could work the Alts in as prizes?  Maybe if we all ask really nice, they can fit them into the reward schedule.  ;)

• Like 1

Character

No, it does not. It's still bugged. Which at this point is rather insulting to your customers considering exact same ability for Kyra work perfectly (or at least it did before... didn't play Kyra since AD6 was released so it's possible that one is messed up as well now).

As for Alts and their price... price is one problem, the fact that characters don't look particularly interesting to play is another.

Edited by Ripe
  • Like 1

I am having a similar problem on my G Pad 7.0 LTE.

This is what my gameplay screen looks like, but when I go to update this is what the Play Store screen looks like.

Edited by thunderspirit

Character

No, it does not. It's still bugged. Which at this point is rather insulting to your customers considering exact same ability for Kyra work perfectly (or at least it did before... didn't play Kyra since AD6 was released so it's possible that one is messed up as well now).

I can confirm it is till bugged and that Kyra's is now broken as well.

Neither Harsk nor Lini are recharging animal allies post patch on Android.

Same on IOS. 

Additionally:

• Sajan with Drunken master did not get the chance to recharge (rather than banish) his potions that were used.
  • At the end of adventure 6.1, I got both the quest and scenario rewards.