Suggestions for a Mexican layered dip

redneckdevil

Ok I'm trying to formulate and make a Mexican multilayered dip and would like some advice.

So far I got refried beans, Spanish rice, taco meat, sour cream, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese, maybe nacho cheese, salsa,.....what are so other ideas for this dip u would suggest throwing in?

Edited by redneckdevil

Throw it out and make nachos instead.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Ok I'm trying to formulate and make a Mexican multilayered dip and would like some advice.

So far I got refried beans, Spanish rice, taco meat, sour cream, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese, maybe nacho cheese, salsa,.....what are so other ideas for this dip u would suggest throwing in?

suggestions:

1) make less

2) skip the meat, lettuce, tomatoes and rice

3) 'cook' beans

layer dip becomes a mess very quick and does not save well.  make less than you likely planned to, and avoid those ingredients which will punish you for failure to consume quick. if you have guests, then your guests is also less likely to eat once it looks like a steaming puddle o' vomit.  less.  

use homemade pico de gallo 'stead o' lechuga and/or tomatoes... well-drained pico de gallo.  very well-drained. we would also use guacamole and likely two different shredded cheeses. not nacho as again is only gonna serve to make the dip messier and less reusable. cheddar and jack... or maybe cotija? olives... or not.  jalapenos... or not.

cook your beans and then top with a cheese layer.  cold beans suck, so cook however you would typical cook.  add a can o' chilies and a whole lotta hot sauce? great.  whatever. after cheese, add sour cream, then guac.  another layer o' cheese.  top with black olives (or not) and jalapenos (or not). 

review: no rice. no meat. no tomatoes. no lettuce. cook your beans and worry less 'bout aesthetics as the thing will be a mess soon enough.  

HA! Good Fun!

ps layer dip is not our favorite.  like good guacamole?  then make guac.  like good salsa?  then make salsa. like cheese? use cheese.  mix everything together rare works well. 

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Not a fan of guac unfortunately lol.

Inviting over some friends and family to chill and smoke and watch movies and play games. It's gonna end up looking like a huge thing of delicious vomit after a lil bit lol. Not worried about leftovers because usually their isn't any lol, so that's not a problem.

I do love the idea of the pico de gallo, I forgot about that. Those are delicious.