Choices and morals in WM part 2

As the title says, i'm curious to know what did you do with Adaryc, the leader of the Redceas fort.

Did you let him live ? And if so...why?

I killed him without a second tought. And i believe that if you play as a good character, this is the only good solution. ( The best solution would be to persuade him to go away, but you don't have that choice )

Killing him is the best solution because regardless of his reasons, the point is that he is a conqueror.

Durgan's Battery belongs to Stalwart, and he desire to crush innocent lives only to obtain the cannons and the Durgan's steel and gold. As stated in the ingame dialogue.

So, my party simply judged him for what he was, an evil guy. And my party destroyed him and evry single soldier in the fort.

--------------------------------------------

I'm aware that probably you can turn the dialogue in a way that he becomes an ally.

But he is a pillager, nothing more. A good guy would have nothing to do with people like him.

Not to mention that you can afford to kill him. It's not as if he has a whole army. That would be different, because in that scenario you would start a war.

There is a difference between being a good guy or a good but stupid guy.

I'm aware that probably you can turn the dialogue in a way that he becomes an ally.

But he is a pillager, nothing more. A good guy would have nothing to do with people like him.

I let him live because,

He is a bit more than a pillager. He is a watcher who saw a real threat to Readceras and misinterpreted it.

You can talk to him and convince him that he was wrong about the source of the threat and try to make him an ally if you want to.

• Like 2

i thoughy of him as a defender of readceras instead of a conqueror. i just played that part and mentions he is doing what he can to defend his homeland.

he also mentions he is after the steel and loot as promised to his men for a reward for fighting. but he is there primarily to save readceras.

so i let him live and made him an ally.

Edited by asnjas

asnjas, he wants to save redceas without proofs of a true menace.

He is a watcher and he had a vision, ok. So that justify the destruction of Stalwart ?

If his idea of " protecting his people " is to destroy an innocent town...well, i can't consider him a good guy.

You says that he is a defender. But don't judge a man based on how he treats his people. Judge him based on how he treats the others.

he had proof its just he mis interpret his dreams. he screwed up i admit to that but you cant say he was acting out of malice or greed or evil.

i know the destruction of stalwart is very serious and its not a win all happy ending. but the man acted from his duty to his country. save it at all cost. he put his people first and i can respect that even if im on stalwarts side. this is because if i put stalwart first id do the same to raedceras. the mayor of stalwarts has to put stalwart security before raedceras too.

He is a watcher and he had a vision, ok. So that justify the destruction of Stalwart ?

No, but with a particular dialog path he realizes that he was wrong, gives up his misguided pledge to his people (and his soul bound weapon related to his pledge) and offers his help against the actual common enemy. Killing him after that would not be the action of a good character (opinions may differ, of course). Note that until the meeting and mutual watch-fest, your character is also mistaken about the source of the threat.

If your character attacked without the dialog or went down a different path in the dialog, then the character's actions could still be consistent with what a good character might do.

• Like 1