So, where did those Doemenel thugs come from? [Spoilers]

So, I'm playing a character who is fairly aggro. As in, she takes any implication that someone is going to use force against her as them declaring themselves hostile, and if she can't intimidate them into backing down, she treats them like any hostile Xaurip, whether or not they're Kith.

So anyway, along comes Danna Doemenel, as I'm doing a little side job, just taking a bag of seeds from one person to another. A bit menial of a task to ask the freaking Lady of a fortress to do, but hey, she's a humble type of noveau fortress-folk. As long as you don't insinuate you mean to disparage or challenge her claim to being the Lady of Caed Nua, she won't bother you about it. (If you do, then she has beef with you, and if that means straight-up holding a one-squad rebellion and overthrowing the Duchy, so be it.)

But anyway, Danna Doemenel shows up, starts getting ****ty at me, plays the "do you know who I am?!" card. I play the "I'm rocking a full squad of musketeers, you will be dead before you ever get to swing that ****ing chunk of steel at me if you don't step off" card. She does not back down, and gunfire fills an otherwise nice tavern.

So then we loot the bodies (Hey, murderhobo/murderthane gonna murder, then gonna loot,) and go back to tell the fancily-dressed man that we're annoyed with him, but not so annoyed we're going to kill him over it. Instead, we find a squad of Doemenel thugs waiting on the bridge to the Vailan TC's island, and we have to fight.

So, one scion of the family attacked me, and got shrekt. Okay, fine; them sending thugs as revenge?

I decide that they've declared war on me, and the way you deal with someone declaring war on you is you deal with them first. So I hauled ass to Doemenel manor and put everyone in the place to the sword. (Well, to the musket.)

So, basically, Danna got aggro with the wrong murderthane, then some idiot had the really dumb idea to send goons to get payback, and I wiped the whole family out.

Shouldn't, you know... Wiping out the entirety of the Doemenel family cause some changes? They're no longer a criminal stranglehold on bitter seed, for one thing. For another, I just wiped out what is ostensibly a noble family, shouldn't someone be pissed at me for doing that? Shouldn't their enemies be grateful? Shouldn't the law (or what passed for it) have something to say? Shouldn't, you know... Doemenel thugs not show up at Caed Nua to attack it, on account of them no longer having anybody to pay them to do that kind of thing?

Edited by ShadowDragon8685
  • Like 2

One of biggest story flaws of the game imo, the general lack of reaction to anything you do in Defiance Bay. The 3 story factions are too static and selfcontained with Dunryd Row being the only group that seems to have anything to say about anything.. Compared to Twin Elms which have people in general comment on how you deal with the various sidequests.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

One of biggest story flaws of the game imo, the general lack of reaction to anything you do in Defiance Bay. The 3 story factions are too static and selfcontained with Dunryd Row being the only group that seems to have anything to say about anything.. Compared to Twin Elms which have people in general comment on how you deal with the various sidequests.

Yeah... I kind of get the feeling I could almost slaughter everyone in Defiance Bay and I'd still be getting Ducal messangers and stuff.

More spoilers, but one thing I found really jarring was that after the riot in Defiance Bay, apart from a torched building, basically nothing changed. That was pretty disappointing, as I had expected all kinds of chaos there, and "please fix this" quests. The Dozens basically put the city to the torch, and the Knights aren't going to lift a a finger?