Pillars of Eternity 2 Collector's Edition Feedback Survey

Seems like it's only meant to go out to backers so I won't link to it here, but it looks like this is for a Pillars 2 crowdfunding campaign.

Greetings, Citizens of Eora,
Your Opinion Matters
We here on the Pillars team have been putting a lot of thought into the Collector’s Edition box we did for Pillars of Eternity (for no reason whatsoever, we assure you...). We liked it, but what if we did more? Maybe less? Not at all? Who’s to know?!

Actually, you are! You helped make Pillars of Eternity a reality, so we’d like to reach out to you and ask for your time to take this brief survey to let us know what you thought of the physical Collector’s Edition of Pillars of Eternity. You know, for reasons.

We Need Your Help
We’d also like, if you’re willing, to ask that you make a short video that expresses why you decided to be a Backer during the Project Eternity campaign, and what Pillars of Eternity has meant to you. We may use this footage down the road (again, those reasons) and because you made Pillars possible, we want you to be a part of its future.

If you’d like to submit a video, please send it to backer-videos@obsidian.net. It can be from your phone, a webcam, or something super fancy. It’s up to you! We’d like all video submissions to be 10-20 seconds long and need them by the end of this year. So you have until January 6th to get your video to us. We look forward to it!

Until another time, Watchers.
The Pillars Team

Edited by Infinitron
  • Like 4

It was an interesting survey that may or may not have increased my hype factor by a gazillion.

Will try to get them the video by the deadline. @Boeroer don't forget the blue face paint before you record yours! ;)

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Thanks for posting the thread because I was about to if you didn't.

I have two serious issues with this survey, which I did take since I did get the Eternity 1 collectors.

1: You never give room to explain why we liked one item better than another, or why we might have been happier or dissatisfied with a particular item.

2: Your survey questions about what we would like in the next collectors box are meaningless.  No one is going to say "no don't put that in".  You don't account for "so... money is limited what item would you be okay without?"  All the final questions would have been better served by a simple "rank these items 1-10, 1 being the one you want the most".

• Like 1

Pictures, the survey is in need of some pictures to carry over what you mean. (As in how many Hp can a keychain heal?)

*edit*

O, and if you really must go the miniature route, please go to Adam Poots, maker of Kingdom Death Monster (http://kingdomdeath.com/, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster and https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15). He can and will make sure that your minis are perfect!

Edited by Xaratas
  • Like 2

I just completed the survey (and I am looking forward to PoE2). 

In case anyone from Obsidian reads this:

The survey was a bit limited on the types of questions it asked, so I will  offer an opinion here.

The specific items in the box are less important than the quality of the items. For example:

Would I like a cloth map? Well, I would rather have a beautifully printed 8 1/2 X 11 (A4 for our European friends) paper map than a badly printed cloth map on whatever kind of cloth was in the PoE1 box.

I would pay more for something I would like to own.  Either spend the money to do it right, and charge what you need to charge, or don't bother.

To put this another way, currently, based on my experience with PoE1, I don't plan to pay for a physical edition of PoE2.

• Like 2

I also would have liked an option to express my opinion on the quality of the items. Most items they proposed in the survey are interesting but they need to be high quality to be enjoyable.

• Like 2

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

No one is going to say "no don't put that in".  You don't account for "so... money is limited what item would you be okay without?"  All the final questions would have been better served by a simple "rank these items 1-10, 1 being the one you want the most".

You should know by now that there is always someone. :p On the survey there were several things I said I wouldn't want.

• Like 2

looks like this is for a Pillars 2 crowdfunding campaign.

You mean like on Fig or something ... I can't imagine a return to Kickstarter. 

Collectible game items are fun, but idle. Put a secret pass inside the PoE2 collector's box good for access to an Obsidian brand store, where I can get a pair of black-on-black Havaianas, couple t-shirts, a black pirate flag with a big 'O'. Maybe that's a little too specific. 

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

Moat of the things asked about in the survey are unnecessary for a Collectors Edition.  Cool, if you want to throw them in because you have them as add-ons in the next crowdfunding campaign then fine.  

For a Collectors Edition I expect the basics (physical box / disc, map, guide/source book, art, tshirt) and personally rarity and quality is what makes the physical goods more attractive.  The cost itself kind of imposes a rarity as not everyone has $100+ to shell out.  For the PoE kickstarter it was purely the signed box and expansion key that pushed me from the $140 to the $250 tier.  As for quality that is hard to define in the first campaign I guess simply because most the work isn't done until after the campaign.  However with a second campaign I would expect the experience and the existing materials would give you a very good idea of what quality you can expect or improve upon.  The box itself was very nice and much larger than I expected so that was great.

Personally I feel like I would have been better served by a larger glossy paper map than the cloth map that was included. Also the tshirt turned out to be too small even though only like 5% of medium tshirts I find are too small for me.  That's a knowledge / communication issue though so I can't really blame Obsidian for it.

The things that would attract me to a higher Collectors Edition tier are usually the non-physical things because most of the physical things I intend to keep in the box.  So things like expansion keys, beta access, additional game keys are more attractive to me than keyrings etc.  

• Like 1

I second the sentiment that higher quality goods is better/more important than many goods, but I love collectibles and feel excited at the prospect of stuff like miniatures, dice, or item replicas. Of course a jewel-case soundtrack CD and high-quality cloth map are a must; a good art book is always a big plus :)

• Like 2

No one is going to say "no don't put that in".  You don't account for "so... money is limited what item would you be okay without?"  All the final questions would have been better served by a simple "rank these items 1-10, 1 being the one you want the most".

You should know by now that there is always someone. :p On the survey there were several things I said I wouldn't want.

A survey is about gaining metrics to determine future actions.  Yes, there are people like yourself and me who might say one item is poop don't bother.  But for every 1 of us there is probably 2 people who will say everything is must have, or "really exciting".

How about something we can use? I won't push the envelope too much, so how about a Watcher ring with 3 per rest uses? I'm sure it could be handy o:)

Usable items have to be fairly weak or risk the ire of the majority of players who didn't back the game. Gaun's Share in PoE was fine is this regard, as as far as my playthroughs go it's just something to sell to Theodan (Heodan?)[That guy who dies really early on :p].

Edited by JerekKruger

Personally I feel like I would have been better served by a larger glossy paper map than the cloth map that was included. 

Agreed, though I would prefer a matte finish rather than gloss; something that looks like it belongs in the game world.

Personally I feel like I would have been better served by a larger glossy paper map than the cloth map that was included. 

Agreed, though I would prefer a matte finish rather than gloss; something that looks like it belongs in the game world.

Either is fine with me, I was just reminded at the time of the BG1 paper map that came in the box.  That thing has gotten a lot of value over the past 15+ years.  But yeah something that might look like it was of use to someone in the game world would be good too.

How about something we can use? I won't push the envelope too much, so how about a Watcher ring with 3 per rest uses? I'm sure it could be handy o:)

Usable items have to be fairly weak or risk the ire of the majority of players who didn't back the game. Gaun's Share in PoE was fine is this regard, as as far as my playthroughs go it's just something to sell to Theodan (Heodan?)[That guy who dies really early on :p].

I meant for real life. I want to see people's past lives, souls, all that jazz :D

• Like 3

Usable items have to be fairly weak or risk the ire of the majority of players who didn't back the game....

I meant for real life. I want to see people's past lives, souls, all that jazz :D

There we go. I would toss in another 40 or 50 bucks to have one of those.

• Like 2

No one is going to say "no don't put that in".

Incorrect. Some of the items were in fact stupid and useless crap, and I did in fact say "Naw. Don't put that crap in."

Right, and like I said to the last person who said this, for every one of you there is 2+ people who will do the exact opposite.  Survey's that don't force a choice will always return skewed data.

I just want a pretty box.

I don't care if it's empty, I might even prefer it to be empty. I'd rather the money be spent on kumquats and imported cheese's or whatever fuels video game development

Bonus points if it's a signed empty box

am gonna take a shot:

h00kers and caffeinated beverages.  no doubt most developers already has got the beverages covered, but am believing Milestone Wh0res is an incentivizing plan worth consideration. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)