The easy strategy for the main hall fight is buying the figurine from Gilded Vale and using it to distract the Phantoms. Then run close to the stairs, and wait until they de-aggro. You'll need about 5 Stealth for that, IIRC, which is why taking the Boots of Stealth from Raeedric's Hold beforehand is a smart idea.

Actually i used the figurine to distract em and run in the small room. Then i faught them with fire and beat em, it was not that hard. The spiders were no problem at all, but i needed several tries for maerwald. At last, i just kitet him around and summoned my phantom and used minoletas against him.

I hope it will be easier from now on ^^

I skipped the bear cave quest, the anslog compass quest and raedric's fortess. Are these quest doable? I have about 400 gold left now xD

/EDIT: I did the bear cave with level 5, it was not that hard. Anslog compass is, i think, impossible. Even one of these mushrooms can really hurt you and there are four and it seems you can only separate one of em.

Did the sewer in Raedrics Castle, that was not really hard. But it seems, you can not kite humans? Because they never give up following you. Is the Raedic fight possible or better side with him?

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

If your movement speed is high enough you can pop a summon to distract the phantoms and then run past them to the throne. Normally they will let you go because you are too fast and they return to the summon. Crouch into the northeastern corner and wait till encounter ends. The dialogue with the steward will start and after that the phantoms and all other enemies outside in the yard are gone.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I have a bit of a problem against this little **** xaurip enemy, that stuns you on hit. It seems, if you are stunned, you don't chant any more? What can i do against stun?

Hit&run with a bow, i think its a only way if you wont skip this part. You can get a nice warbow from Black Meadow.

I have a bit of a problem against this little **** xaurip enemy, that stuns you on hit. It seems, if you are stunned, you don't chant any more? What can i do against stun?

Hit&run with a bow, i think its a only way if you wont skip this part. You can get a nice warbow from Black Meadow.

Yeah i got em, but sold the bow, cuz i did not expect that i stop chanting, wenn stunned.

I skipped the bear cave quest, the anslog compass quest and raedric's fortess. Are these quest doable? I have about 400 gold left now xD

/EDIT: I did the bear cave with level 5, it was not that hard. Anslog compass is, i think, impossible. Even one of these mushrooms can really hurt you and there are four and it seems you can only separate one of em.

Did the sewer in Raedrics Castle, that was not really hard. But it seems, you can not kite humans? Because they never give up following you. Is the Raedic fight possible or better side with him?

Anslog's Compass is doable early on, I usually do it around lv4. Movement speed breaks a lot the game's difficulty in half, and while it's harder to exploit in caves, it is doable. Start combat with the fine arbalest, then run all the way to the far south-east corner, as close to the cave entrance as possible; if you did it right, all but the closest of the sporelings will stop chasing you, allowing for a one-on-one fight. Rinse and repeat until they're all dead. The remaining dank spore towers are tiresome to fight due to mind control, but otherwise don't pose much of a threat. Monks and paladins get easy +2 movement with Long Stride and Zealous Charge respectively; other classes can achieve the same result with Survival 3 and the Fast Runner talent. If you're still having trouble, consider taking the Bear's Fortitude talent, which helps against Prone.

Note when dealing with the spore towers, there's STILL a bug that means the towers get to keep your buff auras after mind control has expired, so if you're, say, a paladin with Outworn Buckler equipped or a Zealous aura, either remove it before fighting them, or better yet just slowly plug away at them one at a time from a nice safe distance with the fine arbalest.

You can do the same trick with the bear cave, but it's a bit more erratic there (sometimes the big bear doesn't turn back), so it may take a reload or two, but otherwise it's reliable. I normally do the bear cave at lv3.

If you have no RP preference one way or the other, it's usually worth killing Raedric for the unique armour you can only acquire later if you kill him, since it's one of the better pieces of armour in the game imo. There's no real rush on finishing that quest though. If I recall correctly, on my last solo run I eventually wrapped up Raedric around lv7, although there's no harm in doing as much of the quest as you can asap, it's a good source of early cash and some fine equipment.

If your movement speed is high enough you can pop a summon to distract the phantoms and then run past them to the throne. Normally they will let you go because you are too fast and they return to the summon. Crouch into the northeastern corner and wait till encounter ends. The dialogue with the steward will start and after that the phantoms and all other enemies outside in the yard are gone.

Whatever triggers this convo must be incredibly picky, because it must have taken me close to a dozen attempts to duplicate this without any points in Stealth. For those like me having trouble getting this to work, here's how I managed it: kite the ghosts down towards the entrance a little bit, pop the summon as far down as you dare (top of the stairs or so on my successful effort), making sure to leave enough room for you to run past to the statue. When the summon is dead, assuming you kited them down far enough, the statue convo will trigger, and you can dash through the now-open door before the ghosts have even returned to their positions. Popping the summon too far up the room will result in the statue convo not triggering, leaving you high and dry against angry ghosts.

As far as I can tell, hiding in corners etc doesn't help trigger the convo either. From what I can tell, the trigger is some sort of timer, so if insufficient time has elapsed before the ghosts return to their positions, the conversation wont trigger, even if you're hiding out of sight. It's a pain, but once you know what triggers it, it seems to be fairly reliable, you just need to make sure to kite them down towards the entrance before deploying the summon.

The more reliable approach if you can't be bothered with that is with Stealth 5. With Stealth 5, you can safely stealth all the way to the door, triggering the conversation, which forces you out of stealth. Combat starts, pop summon, run through the door, job done. If you don't care about respeccing (always feels scummy to me so I avoid it, but whatever floats your boat), respec out of Stealth 5 later if you want to save the points for something else.

Edited by hobbitmonk
  • Like 1

Yeah, i was so ****y, thinking, the game could not be more cheap. I used the anti - paralyze scroll and even the anti - charmed scroll against this vithrack bounty. But for some reason, paralyzed and stunned are two complete different things xD And there is nothing you can do against getting stunned or is there a item, that lowers the duration of stuns?

There is an armor you can find in the sanatory that halves the duration of stun and prone. And around there are a couple of shield and an helm that gives you + 50 to all defences when stunned or proned.

Yeah i looked it up, there are 2 armors that do that. I used em and i got stunned for 15 seconds xD There is a helmet that does the exact same, but i does not stack or? And the yellow potions seem to lower it 2.

Yeah there are 2 shields, one is little savior, the best shield and you have to fight against vithracks b4 you can get it, so better take the other one, what you find on level 5. I m only concerned about that giant mushroom fight in WM2, there are some vithracks.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

There is an armor you can find in the sanatory that halves the duration of stun and prone. And around there are a couple of shield and an helm that gives you + 50 to all defences when stunned or proned.

Yeah i looked it up, there are 2 armors that do that. I used em and i got stunned for 15 seconds xD There is a helmet that does the exact same, but i does not stack or? And the yellow potions seem to lower it 2.

Yeah there are 2 shields, one is little savior, the best shield and you have to fight against vithracks b4 you can get it, so better take the other one, what you find on level 5. I m only concerned about that giant mushroom fight in WM2, there are some vithracks.

Non-shield stun/prone defensive items do not stack with each other (helms, rings, armors).  However, those will stack with a shield because shields are considered "weapons" and weapons stack with everything.  So, for optimal stun/prone protection, use one of the shields (both found in the endless paths) and your choice of other +50 while stun/prone equipment (armor/helm/ring).  That will net you +100 to all defense while stun/prone which usually means that almost everything will miss you completely.  You can just lie on the ground all day long and laugh at your enemies feeble attempts to hit you.

For paralyze, there is a higher level scroll you can craft for immunity or, in the second expansion, there is an item that grants permanent immunity.  Those are good for a certain high-level bounty full of annoying AOE paralyzing vithracki.  The scroll could be an alternative to distraction figurines for the annoying dart throwers in the first expansion.

In my most recent playthrough, my max MIGHT/CON barbarian was able to shrug off most fortitude attacks ( most stun/prone/paralyze attacks target that defense).  The high fortitude from stats and greater frenzy (increases fortitude by 24!), along with Ring of Protection or "Father's Teeth" made his fortitude go sky-high.  Add in barbaric shout to lower all enemy accuracy by 20 (unless terrify immune) and it is actually quite hard for enemies to land a hit.  It would be even better with the racial bonus to stun/prone.  The +20 Poison defense bonus (mountain dwarf, or equipment) helps for the annoying dart throwers which paralyze (attack is considered poison-type).  High fortitude also helps a lot with some of the high damage spells and raw damage attacks enemy casters have.

Edited by Braven

Non-shield stun/prone defensive items do not stack with each other (helms, rings, armors).  However, those will stack with a shield because shields are considered "weapons" and weapons stack with everything.  So, for optimal stun/prone protection, use one of the shields (both found in the endless paths) and your choice of other +50 while stun/prone equipment (armor/helm/ring).  That will net you +100 to all defense while stun/prone which usually means that almost everything will miss you completely.  You can just lie on the ground all day long and laugh at your enemies feeble attempts to hit you.

For paralyze, there is a higher level scroll you can craft for immunity or, in the second expansion, there is an item that grants permanent immunity.  I like to get that before a certain high-level bounty full of annoying AOE paralyzing vithracki.

Yeah, i should have known that before i did the vithrak bounty. But it will help me in od nua and the mines.

Helm: He carries many scars +50 defense while stunned

Shield: Ilfan +50 defense while stunned

Armor: Blaidh Golan -50% stun duration

Potion: Potion of Major Recovery -40% hostile effect

This should do it, i hope xD

Yeah, i was so ****y, thinking, the game could not be more cheap.

Remember that the devs specifically stated that they were not balancing the game for solo play. As such it's not really fair to call it cheap for something that wouldn't be a particular issue in party play.

I did not know that, but they put in achievements for solo play or TCS, so it must be possible. Just one item that provides immunity to stun would have done it.

For paralyze, there is a higher level scroll you can craft for immunity or, in the second expansion, there is an item that grants permanent immunity.  I like to get that before a certain high-level bounty full of annoying AOE paralyzing vithracki.

Yeah, i should have known that before i did the vithrak bounty. But it will help me in od nua and the mines.

Helm: He carries many scars +50 defense while stunned

Shield: Ilfan +50 defense while stunned

Armor: Blaidh Golan -50% stun duration

Potion: Potion of Major Recovery -40% hostile effect

This should do it, i hope xD

There is also a helm that provides both +3 STR and +50 defense while stunned which is strictly better.  It is the Helm that you have to find the pieces for in the expansion.  Though you need to direct the previous owners actions the correct way to get the +50 defense enchantment.  I like that one since it is good to wear even when not facing enemies that stun/prone. 

Also, in the Endless Paths, you can come across a nice ring which has +3 DEX and +50 defense while stunned/prone.

Edited by Braven

Yeah, i was so ****y, thinking, the game could not be more cheap.

Remember that the devs specifically stated that they were not balancing the game for solo play. As such it's not really fair to call it cheap for something that wouldn't be a particular issue in party play.

I did not know that, but they put in achievements for solo play or TCS, so it must be possible. Just one item that provides immunity to stun would have done it.

"Possible" is different from "easy to do" and so should be.

Anyway with the time you will learn a couple of triks that makes solo run much easier ( how and when avoid useless fights, what are best items, when fight certain enemies, use food, use corner, ecc)

Oh it's possible (some people have even completed The Ultimate*), but expect it to be hard work and expect to have to use clever strategies and tricks (some of which may seem cheesy).

*This is an achievement that requires you to complete the game on PotD, Expert, Solo and Trial of Iron mode, and do all the bounties, dragon fights, and thw two archmage fights.

There is also a helm that provides both +3 STR and +50 defense while stunned which is strictly better.  It is the Helm that you have to find the pieces for in the expansion.  Though you need to direct the previous owners actions the correct way to get the +50 defense enchantment.  I like that one since it is good to wear even when not facing enemies that stun/prone. 

Also, in the Endless Paths, you can come across a nice ring which has +3 DEX and +50 defense while stunned/prone.

I'd assume that multiple +50 defence whilst stunned items won't stack (with the exception of Ilfan perhaps?).

Correct. Only the shields stack. There is no benefit to having more than one of the others. Rule of thumb is that weapons stack with all other bonuses and shields are considered a type of weapon.

I knew that was the case with attribute bonuses on weapons and non-weapons, but wasn't sure it was the case with other bonuses. I suspect +100 defence whilst stunned is a bit overkill in most situations, although if combined with Defensive Mindweb that would lead to some ridiculous party wide defences.

That was my skillbuild for Adra, Alpine Dragon, Llengrath and Thaos. B4 that i had maxed INT and lower perception. And i had nothing in stealth and survival, most points into mechanic and lore, and some points what was left into athletics. Lore because of the scroll, that prevents paralyze, moonwell and maelstrom scroll can be a help in some fights. Until you find in WM 2 that gloves in the Mines, that make you immun to paralyze. Maelstrom is pretty good vs. Vithracks.

btw: You have to wear that armor, that nets you +2 survival for the Consumable II resting bonus.

https://abload.de/img/11zosyl.png

https://abload.de/img/22uds0z.png

https://abload.de/img/332ksj1.png

Edited by baldurs_gate_2