Never made a fully custom party, interesting builds you enjoyed?

I'd go with a theme party. Like a team of six Dwarves or something like that. Since there won't be any banter you'll have to roleplay the team all by yourself and this'd give you a story.

Or you could go for a pack of Rangers with all different animals or  six Rogues working like SEAL team six.

The hardest part will be in the beginning and will actually be harder with custom party as they'll be one level behind where the story companions will be and one level makes a big difference early.

So I was thinking of making a custom party instead of going with the companions, something I've never done. To those who have done it before what did you make any why? What group make up's were strong and why and who did you create as a your main PC? ty kindly. 

I made an all fighter party consisting of two tanks tuned to absorb damage and to engage as many enemies as possible. Two DPS fighters in lighter armor tuned to do as much damage as possible and two mostly backline firearms types (who also engaged in melee as needed).

It was a fairly strong group with some scrolls and potions etc. for some of the harder fights to make up for the lack of casters.

I tried this mainly to get a better understanding of how to tune builds for different purposes. 

Beyond my 3rd playthrough, I tend to mix in 3-4 custom chars into the party. I try to use the same party members from start to finish, personal choice.

I usually play with a certain theme in mind like all melee, or have a few chars that is built quite different like an off tank riposte rogue. Alas the builds / party synergy are never TOO optimal to provide some degree challenging and the past 3-4 playthroughs are on Trial of Iron to make them exciting.

Currently, trying to run a 6man party that is quite standard exept theer is no Priest, has a 2H melee Cipher, melee Ranger with her pet focused on pet dmg and a Sword / Board CC Wizard using burst defensive abilities to tank.

Edited by mosspit

Can't go wrong with Thundercat, Juggernaut, Chillfog, and Unfaithful.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

So I was thinking of making a custom party instead of going with the companions, something I've never done. To those who have done it before what did you make any why? What group make up's were strong and why and who did you create as a your main PC? ty kindly. 

Main PC Paladin, because he profits from the dialogue choices you make (only other that does this is priest, if im not mistaken). Druid is pretty strong and Ranger with Stormcaller bow. Priest is always a good help, has some nasty spells. You can hire as well an rogue, but has to be ranged, best with persistence bow. Can deal quiet good amount of damage.

#1 Paladin Main

#2 Paladin (second tank always good)

#3 Druid

#4 Priest

#5 Ranger