Ordikon's damage is inexplicably irreducible

Foxoftheasterisk

Question

Every time I fail to defeat Ordikon, his damage is impossible to reduce. I think it's regardless of what type he rolls but actually it might have been poison each time.

post-167065-0-42820300-1481357586_thumb.jpg

----

Android 6.0.1 on Nvidia Shield tablet K1

PFID #EC19BBE1B715AFA6

Story mode, Thassilonian Sins, normal difficulty

Pass and play and permadeath both off

Party of Merisiel, Kyra and Ezren

10 answers to this question

Nothing on his card, the scenario description, or the location description indicates that his damage is irreducible.

Is this a bug or a poorly written card?

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Well, Arcane Armor cannot be used to prevent any non-Combat damage. So Fire, Acid, Poison and Electricity cannot be reduced and the spell has a lock on it (correctly).

Regarding the Sihedron Medallion (prevents all damage), didn't you perhaps use an item during the check to defeat Ordikon? If so, the "play only 1 type of a card into a check" rule applies. If not, then it is a bug.

The 1 card rule is often forgotten, especially with Snakesin Armor, Amulet of Mighty Fists, Sage's Journal and so on. You use it in the beginning of a combat to boost your chances and then wonder "Why oh why can't I use armor or Sihedron Ring to reduce the damage?!?"

I know that you’re trying to be helpful, I really do. But nothing you just said addresses the point.

Different location, with different cards, I noticed the same issue. His damage is irreducible with no warning. Either it’s a bug (and the damage should be capable of being negated by armor), or his card needs to be updated.

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Well, Arcane Armor cannot be used to prevent any non-Combat damage. So Fire, Acid, Poison and Electricity cannot be reduced and the spell has a lock on it (correctly).

The screenshot shows Mirror Image, which can reduce any type of damage, as long as it is dealt by a monster and also can be played even if you already played a spell. So, something is definitely off.

The screenshot shows Mirror Image, which can reduce any type of damage, as long as it is dealt by a monster and also can be played even if you already played a spell. So, something is definitely off.

Sorry :) It was definitely an oversight from me :( and I apologize for this. I usually throw away both Arcane Armor and Mirror Image immediately, so they probably got mixed in my head.

But if Ezren used a spell to defeat Ordikon, then he wouldn't be able to use Mirror Image at all ("1 card type per check" rule) even if Ordikon's damage was reducible as it should be.

Except, Mirror Image (and Arcane Armor) says you may play it even if you already played another spell on the check. It's power let's you break the 1 card of each type rule.

You are right again, but for my defense - I have experience mainly with the tabletop version (1st edition), where Mirror Image does not have this clause. This was apparently errata-ed and I didn't know that ;) The same was true for Arcane Armor, but here I remembered there was some change, based on the computer game...