Graul Ogrekin escapes the fight

ahlamot

Question

Game version: VER-704-20161116, PFID-AEB9FC3A3091AC3

Device: Motorola smartphone

Chars: Amiri 40th, Sajan 40th

Dificulty: Legendary

Wild card: Giant difficulty increased by d4 or 2 d4 (met this problem with both of them)

If difficulty is increased by d4 or 2 d4 Graul Ogrekin escapes the fight for the first time.

When you first met Graul the following sequence happens:

- 2 d4 are rolled to increase the difficulty

- d4 is rolled to check which way Graul card is modified with

- the card is changed to fix the modification

- Graul is put back to the end of location deck with no fight - so that turn is wasted

- next time Graul is pulled out of the deck the card is already modified so only 2 d4

are rolled to increase the difficulty and you can finally fight it.

Met this problem with both Amiri and Sajan in multiple locations.
It doesn't happen if the difficulty is increased by a static value.

11 answers to this question

Had the same problem as original poster.

Also, it seems that if I encounter any that get the same modification, the game seems to think it's already defeated and gone...  so one of two things happen.

I auto defeat it, or the game locks up.

Then, if I force stop app and reopen, it will roll the die to see what attribute the ogrekin gets, but will not let me encounter it.  Can only forfeit at that point.

It has happened with ALL my characters.

Edited by Darkren

I remember seeing the first possibility after encountering the above bug. Sometimes the Ogrekin would just jump back into the deck as if I'd lost the encounter, and every so often it'd just kill itself without me even rolling. This happens on Story mode as well as Quest mode. I don't have specifics, I'll try to encounter the bug again and write down the party and scenario.

• Like 1

The same thing is happening to me (iPad Pro, Quest mode, all characters). Additionally, If the ogrekin is encountered in the warrens the game freezes and forces me to forfeit.

I have the same problem, quest mode Heroic and Legendary difficulty, it doesn't matter what ability he gets, he's going back to the deck. Quite annoying, it's almost impossible to a scenario with Graul Ogrekin as Henchman....

Does anybody has a workaround? When playing quest mode tier 3, I only get these Ogres at henchmen, I can't win any scenario...

BTW, based on my observations, it seem that after the roll to deter me the extra power, the

Ogre is considered undefeated without any roll, as he's being shuffled back into the deck and when you draw it again, it already has, as other people noted, the extra power already up.

Thank you.

Does anybody has a workaround? When playing quest mode tier 3, I only get these Ogres at henchmen, I can't win any scenario...

BTW, based on my observations, it seem that after the roll to deter me the extra power, the

Ogre is considered undefeated without any roll, as he's being shuffled back into the deck and when you draw it again, it already has, as other people noted, the extra power already up.

Thank you.

Well the official fix by OBS is to remove Quest Mode entirely! The whole bugged Ogrekin issue has been around since... well, forever really. It won't get fixed for QM because QM is going to be removed from the App. That Barl Breakbones bug is an old one too and it'll be handled in exactly the same manner. No Quest Mode = no Quest Mode bugs to fix.

• Like 1

Thank you.

Well the official fix by OBS is to remove Quest Mode entirely! The whole bugged Ogrekin issue has been around since... well, forever really. It won't get fixed for QM because QM is going to be removed from the App. That Barl Breakbones bug is an old one too and it'll be handled in exactly the same manner. No Quest Mode = no Quest Mode bugs to fix.

Oh, I see.... Clever! But... without quest mode, what I'm supposed to do with this game???

Oh, I see.... Clever! But... without quest mode, what I'm supposed to do with this game???

Good question! I guess that the answer is "repeat the scenarios on Legendary grinding for gold" (not unlike Quest) and use the Gold on Alts, Dice and Adventure Packs, Chests, etc. Of course all the Treasure you get may well be redundant if you don't like to use Treasure in Story Mode (as I don't). As I have zero interest in any of those in-game purchases other than Adventure Packs (and I've got AP6) and I have no interest in Treasure in Story Mode, I have zero interest in an App without Quest Mode.