Politics 2016

Wrath of Dagon

No the problem with optional is without the un-subsidized members paying the premium price there is no money to cover the cost of the subsidized members.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

No the problem with optional is without the un-subsidized members paying the premium price there is no money to cover the cost of the subsidized members.

yup, that is called solidarity

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Meh, just a couple of turns of the rack for the tax payer, and voila!

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

The problem would be a lot less of a problem if we just had reasonable prices for medical care instead of $8,000 ambulance rides.

And tax-free medical savings accounts will empty fast (assuming people have any money to put in them at all). The entire system is broken and while the Affordable Care Act was needed at the time, and still is, we need more fundamental changes or else the healthcare system is going to collapse.

• Like 1

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

The problem would be a lot less of a problem if we just had reasonable prices for medical care instead of $8,000 ambulance rides.

Good idea, how do we get there though? ACA wasn't a solution, prices still went up. They had a law which said provider compensation for Medicare could only increase at the rate the economy grew, but every year Congress doing the work of the medical lobby would override that, even though the 10 year budget projection always assumed the provision was still in place for future years. Finally they simply repealed that law altogether. Edit: And then the medical lobbyists were running ads thanking my Congressman for being instrumental in repealing the hated law. And then he outspent his primary opponent by at least 50 to 1. Edited by Wrath of Dagon
  • Like 2

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

One of the easiest fixes would be a single payer system although that has its own issues. Another possible fix would be more regulation of prices but that's hard as treatment at hospital X might be vastly different than hospital Y.

In the meantime ensuring everyone has insurance is a good stop-gap measure. Plus I prefer the idea of insurance that I buy and can take with me if I switch kind than one that ties me down with a particular employer.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

And tax-free medical savings accounts will empty fast (assuming people have any money to put in them at all). The entire system is broken and while the Affordable Care Act was needed at the time, and still is, we need more fundamental changes or else the healthcare system is going to collapse.

It doesn't happen often but we are in agreement here. The cost of this commodity has by light years exceeded it's actual value and rather than doing something about the costs the government has been subsidizing the ability of the consumer's to pay. That is NOT sustainable.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

One of the easiest fixes would be a single payer system although that has its own issues. Another possible fix would be more regulation of prices but that's hard as treatment at hospital X might be vastly different than hospital Y.

In the meantime ensuring everyone has insurance is a good stop-gap measure. Plus I prefer the idea of insurance that I buy and can take with me if I switch kind than one that ties me down with a particular employer.

Wow, the moment of agreement between us sure didn't last long! :lol:

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Wow, the moment of agreement between us sure didn't last long! :lol:

I suspect that we're actually more in agreement than not, I think that you're right and Medicaid and Medicare have contributed to the rise in costs - and TriCare is just awful from what I've seen/experienced. Likewise insurance itself has been driving up costs.

But, at that same time, I don't like the idea of people forgoing insurance until the system is changed as I think that everyone being able to receive affordable medical care is important to maintaining good public health (vaccinations come to mind, but then I'd also make those mandatory).

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

-Hurlshot

It's time to do away with hate crime laws. Spit on them, toss them in the trash with a huge pile of ****, set it on fire, and just ****ing do away with them.

They don't work and won't work unless ur black/homosexual.

Just ****ING get rid of hate crime laws since they aren't gonna be used for everybody.

A white guy can call a black guy a **** and punch him and he's charged with a hate crime.

4 ****ing teenagers can kidnap and torture a white mentally handicap teenager and beat him, spit on him, torture him and record it all on video while saying multiple times "**** white people", " I hate white people", etc etc and they are not being charged with a hate crime because they black.

Just like how last year a ****ing soldier just got back and some black people drove by him and his friends screaming cracker ass honky, **** white people, etc and stab him and kill him.....but it's not a hate crime.

**** the hate crime policy's if they ain't gonna do their damn job

4 ****ing teenagers can kidnap and torture a white mentally handicap teenager and beat him, spit on him, torture him and record it all on video while saying multiple times "**** white people", " I hate white people", etc etc and they are not being charged with a hate crime because they black.

Do you mean the for that were just charged with a hate crime among other things? Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

-Hurlshot

They can deny it all they want but this is definitely BLM and Obama's fault. Just like the mass murder of white cops. This is blm, Obama, and the perpetrators' fault. It is BLM who goes around marching and  chanting 'death to whitey' so it should be not surprising that BLMers would do this sort of stuff.

ASlso, chances are they being charged for a 'hate crime' not because the victim is white but because of his being 'special needs'. Hate crime legsitation should  be handled  fairly and unbiasedly because that is the whole point right - to stop crimes based on race/gender/whatever reasons.

That said, the whole diea of a 'hate crime' being worse than other crimes is silly. I do0n't care if you murdered someone because they were white or black or if you murdered them for their money. It is wrong and both should be punished the same. PERIOD.

"Another police spokesman said earlier that the four black suspects had made "terrible racist statements" during the assault.

But he said investigators suspect the victim was targeted because he has "special needs", not because he is white."

Read the 2nd link. 'Nough said.

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 2

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So you lot are upset that the police suspect it's a hate crime for reasons other than you think?

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

race issues, real o' perceived, becomes national/international news and sudden 1/3 o' the population suffers a temporary drop o' +30 iq points.  

on the positive side, the pandemic foolishness is not limited to any one race/culture.  the ubiquitous wacky is nondenominational and is as prevalent 'mongst  the disenfranchised as it is 'mongst the privileged.  so give three cheers for successful achieving some kinda equality. 

no cheers? 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Duffin said the department sought hate crime charges because of the victim's diminished mental capacity, the fact that the four suspects tied him up and the racial epithets heard on the video.

Cdr Duffin said the racial slurs and references to the victim's mental capacity, depicted in the video, led to the hate crime charges.

Looks to me they're considering it a hate crime because he was white as well. I'm more upset a kid got tortured than what specific reason his torturers got charged with a hate crime for, but I guess that makes me a nazi sjw or something.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Duffin said the department sought hate crime charges because of the victim's diminished mental capacity, the fact that the four suspects tied him up and the racial epithets heard on the video.

Cdr Duffin said the racial slurs and references to the victim's mental capacity, depicted in the video, led to the hate crime charges.

Looks to me they're considering it a hate crime because he was white as well. I'm more upset a kid got tortured than what specific reason his torturers got charged with a hate crime for, but I guess that makes me a nazi sjw or something.

No it just makes you a regular human being, one day you will join the rest of us in CrazyTown USA.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Well Sportacus turned Lazy Town into **** so I might as well move.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Welp, Trump is getting an intelligence briefing tomorrow in Trump Tower. I half expect him to accidentally expose a CIA asset or some such from a tweet.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

So, following in the footsteps of Stalin, Pinochet, and Kim Jong Il Barack Obama had himself awarded a medal yesterday. The Department of Defense Public Service. So Congrats to him for doing.... well nothing I guess, to earn such a prestigious honor. But hey, GWB & Bill Clinton did the same thing for no good reasons so why not. After all a politician needs no help patting themselves on the back. Especially one as narcissistic as Obama.

586d660003643.image.jpg

Most overrated shill of our time. 

Welp, Trump is getting an intelligence briefing tomorrow in Trump Tower. I half expect him to accidentally expose a CIA asset or some such from a tweet.

trump Presidency in 2:07

Congressional impotence is partial to blame for the possibility of trump.  even so, is only so much trump can screw up domestic w/o Congress adopting a Three Wise Monkeys posture.  am hopeful trump scares Congress outta their indolence. 

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

trump Presidency in 2:07

Congressional impotence is partial to blame for the possibility of trump.  even so, is only so much trump can screw up domestic w/o Congress adopting a Three Wise Monkeys posture.  am hopeful trump scares Congress outta their indolence. 

HA! Good Fun!

Was speaking more to the possibility of a mixture of carelessness, lack of experience, and attention-seeking that could lead to an unintentional security breach, I'm reminded of this passage from David E. Hoffman's "The Billion Dollar Spy":

In March, a crisis erupted involving Alexei Kulak, the overweight KGB officer who had been abandoned because of the stand-down. A message from headquarters informed Hathaway that Kulak, then living in Moscow, might face arrest and could be exposed as a spy for the United States. Hathaway felt a special obligation to Kulak, whom he had personally recruited in a New York hotel room. The problem, headquarters reported, was that a new book, just published by the author Edward Jay Epstein, contained enough details to pinpoint Kulak as an American agent. If the KGB followed up on details in the book and arrested him, Kulak would certainly face charges of treason, punishable by death.

In the same book, Adolf Tolkachev AKA CKSPHERE was compromised by an agent-in-training, Edward Lee Howard who was fired. He did not know his name but nonetheless knew enough about the case that the information he offered to the KGB put them on the right track to identifying and arresting him.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling