Politics 2016

Wrath of Dagon

Mmmm I wouldn't say that's a good example. U gotta factor in ur eating different foods than u normally are hence ur body isn't used to processing them like the food u usually eat.

Now the thing is, I'd dare say McDonalds isn't even harmful. Go eat U a double quarter pounder and fries and a milkshake. U won't die unless u choke on ur food or ur allergic to something.

Now what will kill you/make u a fatass is eating McDonald's all the time. Your not supposed to eat mcdonalds all the time just like u ain't supposed to eat even homemade cheeseburgers everyday either. It's like if I went and ate sesame chicken and dirty rice and egg rolls everyday or I went and ate nachos and burritos and that's it.

The difference between poisoned foods and fast foods is the food pyramid. Thought they taught this in schools. The human body is only supposed to eat so much of certain types of foods and focus more on others. Fast food is the bottom of the pyramid, the stuff u supposed to eat spareingly. You eat to much of it, it's not poison, it's ****ing fatty ass foods, of course ur gonna gain ****ing weight.

You eat mcdonalds once a month and homecook ur own food and pay attention to the food pyramid and u won't become a fatass. Whereas poisoned foods, it's ****ing poisoned. There's really no comparison.

It is difficult for me to determine since I don't know of any experiments that have been conducted on this subject. Just based on my own experiences I can tell that my diet hasn't changed, I literally am eating the same dishes that I was eating when I was a child (If anything I'm now trying to eat healthier and broader) I haven't gotten to the point in my life that my metabolism has slowed down enough for me to gain weight. More so, I know don't eat dinner; so I went from eating 3 meals a day on a Third World country to just 2 in the US. All this and I still gained massive amounts of weight compared to what I used to weight when I came to the US. I haven't grown any taller since then, so that's not it. Plus any additional caloric intake hasn't changed; I don't eat sweets any more than I used to.

The only variables that I can see have changed is the food and the lifestyle. First World life is more sedentary, but then again I now exercise more. Which only leaves the food ingredients themselves.

Mmmm maybe eat that 3rd meal, I know that eating less times a day will screw up the metabolism. My girl went to only twice and she ballooned up there for a bit but started losing weight when she ate more times a day but ate a lil smaller portions. It's a bit screwy.

Also forgive me for the tone, I get this conversation a lot and usually it's from people who worked the fields and ate homecooking then moved here and are now behind a desk and eating out all the time and blaming our foods here for why they starting to get overweight. Enough times that it's usually a gut reaction that by going from most of the day manual labor to desk jobs with working out but eating at restaurants all the time and blaming out "poor quality" food as the source of why they becoming fatasses.

I didn't notice anything bad about the tone.

I'm already trying to switch to smaller portions simply because it's healthier, although I still wholeheartedly believe that the sugar amount on American foods is a factor along with other additives. Ever since I decided to watch my caloric intake it just feels like i'm fighting against the tide. So maybe I get a bit sore when people defend the Food industry.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Except no one was really defending the food industry in the US, I just said the regulations will typically keep you from getting poisoned and dying.

edit:  And it certainly isn't a sure thing, I'm sure we've all had food poisoning at one time or another.

Edited by Hurlshot

Mmmm I wouldn't say that's a good example. U gotta factor in ur eating different foods than u normally are hence ur body isn't used to processing them like the food u usually eat.

Now the thing is, I'd dare say McDonalds isn't even harmful. Go eat U a double quarter pounder and fries and a milkshake. U won't die unless u choke on ur food or ur allergic to something.

Now what will kill you/make u a fatass is eating McDonald's all the time. Your not supposed to eat mcdonalds all the time just like u ain't supposed to eat even homemade cheeseburgers everyday either. It's like if I went and ate sesame chicken and dirty rice and egg rolls everyday or I went and ate nachos and burritos and that's it.

The difference between poisoned foods and fast foods is the food pyramid. Thought they taught this in schools. The human body is only supposed to eat so much of certain types of foods and focus more on others. Fast food is the bottom of the pyramid, the stuff u supposed to eat spareingly. You eat to much of it, it's not poison, it's ****ing fatty ass foods, of course ur gonna gain ****ing weight.

You eat mcdonalds once a month and homecook ur own food and pay attention to the food pyramid and u won't become a fatass. Whereas poisoned foods, it's ****ing poisoned. There's really no comparison.

Heavy metals present in large, long-lived fish won't kill you overnight either. And yet, no one will dispute that mercury and lead are toxic when ingested. More or less the same is true of trash food. Build a diet based on it and it will kill you. Be it kidney failure, cardiovascular accident or whatever, you won't even need to put on much weight -- that **** is bad for you. A certain kind of food that you cannot eat regularly and maintain your health is, by definition, unhealthy. That's even without getting into the calorie balance.

There's also the -potentially greater- indirect public health problems caused by this industry. Systematically pumping livestock full of antibiotics has been for some time now known to produce antibiotic-resistant bacteria, which are not only difficult to deal with in cattle, but also dangerous to humans if/when they make the jump. But I digress.

The ketogenic diet is more or less meat-based; you could build it around cheeseburgers, and you would be fine. A diet based on McD's garbage? Not so much. I like meat as much as anyone, and I eat homemade cheeseburgers and steaks several times a week. I'm as healthy as can be (something something colon cancer risk) judging by the results of my last checkup. I'm by no means a diet fundamentalist. But trash food has more than earned its appellative, and it's not (just) because of the high calorie content. The "it's fine as long as you don't overdo it" line is bull. Drug pushers everywhere use it.

And by the way, the food pyramid is a scam. It was fabricated by agricultural lobbies back in the 70's in collusion with the USDA and a few mercenary "academics". You should not be eating 10 ****ing servings of bread a day. The obesity epidemic today? The food pyramid is at the root.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Heavy metals present in large, long-lived fish won't kill you overnight either. And yet, no one will dispute that mercury and lead are toxic when ingested. More or less the same is true of trash food. Build a diet based on it and it will kill you. Be it kidney failure, cardiovascular accident or whatever, you won't even need to put on much weight -- that **** is bad for you. A certain kind of food that you cannot eat regularly and maintain your health is, by definition, unhealthy. That's even without getting into the calorie balance.

There's also the -potentially greater- indirect public health problems caused by this industry. Systematically pumping livestock full of antibiotics has been for some time now known to produce antibiotic-resistant bacteria, which are not only difficult to deal with in cattle, but also dangerous to humans if/when they make the jump. But I digress.

The ketogenic diet is more or less meat-based; you could build it around cheeseburgers, and you would be fine. A diet based on McD's garbage? Not so much. I like meat as much as anyone, and I eat homemade cheeseburgers and steaks several times a week. I'm as healthy as can be (something something colon cancer risk) judging by the results of my last checkup. I'm by no means a diet fundamentalist. But trash food has more than earned its appellative, and it's not (just) because of the high calorie content. The "it's fine as long as you don't overdo it" line is bull. Drug pushers everywhere use it.

And by the way, the food pyramid is a scam. It was fabricated by agricultural lobbies back in the 70's in collusion with the USDA and a few mercenary "academics". You should not be eating 10 ****ing servings of bread a day. The obesity epidemic today? The food pyramid is at the root.

One question, have u seen the actual size of a "serving size"?

Hell im not even a fatass and serving sizes are like lil kid snacks, not even big enough to fill one of them up, **** I eat something I'm eating SEVERAL serving sizes just normally eating something.

Hell a full plate of spaghetti would be the "6-11 serving sizes" of bread ya need

Hell im not even a fatass and serving sizes are like lil kid snacks, not even big enough to fill one of them up, **** I eat something I'm eating SEVERAL serving sizes just normally eating something.

Hell a full plate of spaghetti would be the "6-11 serving sizes" of bread ya need

Definitely. That's part of the problem as well, not just what the food is, but also how it's been prepared. For instance, my breakfast used to be 3-4 bread loaves with peanut butter at 6 AM. By 9-10 I'd be willing to take a bite out of my closest coworker. I switched to rolled oats, half a banana and the same or even less PB -- I now have trouble finishing breakfast and won't be hungry until much later. Steel cut oats are even better (but harder to eat).

Rule of thumb, the more processed food is, the less filling. Whole steak with steamed potatoes > spaghetti with ground meat, etc.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Heavy metals present in large, long-lived fish won't kill you overnight either. And yet, no one will dispute that mercury and lead are toxic when ingested. More or less the same is true of trash food. Build a diet based on it and it will kill you. Be it kidney failure, cardiovascular accident or whatever, you won't even need to put on much weight -- that **** is bad for you. A certain kind of food that you cannot eat regularly and maintain your health is, by definition, unhealthy. That's even without getting into the calorie balance.

Yeah, and it's just compounded with unhealthy cooking methods and **** like numbers said. I love bread, but I try to eat it whole grain when I do and go for rice and beans for my carbs instead because they fill me up more for roughly the same calorie content. ****'s ****ed man.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The only thing that really matters in losing/gaining weight is how many calories you consume, unless you exercise a ton. If you're gaining weight, figure out how many calories you consume in a day and you'll be shocked. Also it's virtually impossible to lose weight if you eat in restaurants or eat processed food. You got to cook your own food only using healthy stuff and figure out how many calories you can have per meal and restrict your portions to that.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I think this thread perfectly reflects 2016 politics, so dismal that we rather talk about nutrition.

• Like 3
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

I blame Israel.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Re: "Let there be an arms race" lunacy, DOD/IC words from four years ago.

C0coNYAXAAAJjwt.jpg

Hilarious of Trump to speak of "yuge" cost overruns of F-35, then speak of a wholly unnecessary and costly expansion of the strategic arsenal.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

As for diet i eat lots of meat and avoid anything with sugar or carbohydrates in it. So no sodas, snacks, only whole grain bread and so on. Combine that with a work out and not only you feel good, but you look good as well. My recommendation for americans: ditch anything with corn syrup in it. I almost fell ill after two weeks of eating that kind of stuff.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

C0coNYAXAAAJjwt.jpg

Hilarious of Trump to speak of "yuge" cost overruns of F-35, then speak of a wholly unnecessary and costly expansion of the strategic arsenal.

So after Yalta, the nuclear buildup was inevitable, as a deterrent against the threat of massed Soviet tank armies overrunning Western Europe, to which there was no adequate conventional counter at the time. OK.

After the Soviet Union collapsed in 91, why is Russia still the focus of US nuclear strategy again? What's the rationale that would lead to this "Russian breakout" scenario, even assuming the "breakout" itself was as estimated? ****ing brinkmanship, man.

look good as well. 

Would you say you hot?  You sound hot  :sweat:

Wait, is it unhealthy or is it harmful?

Those are synonims.
In the same way that a butter knife and a combat knife are both sharp.

You shouldn't get this drunk on Xmass you know.

Nah, thats an   anti-Western conspiracy theory....I imagine you feel guilty every Xmas  because of the amounts of alcohol you must consume...its fine I give you permission  to get inebriated   :x

Of course you  must get drunk on Xmas, everyone knows this as an irrefutable fact  :yes:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

look good as well. 

Would you say you hot?  You sound hot  :sweat:

Wait, is it unhealthy or is it harmful?

Those are synonims.
In the same way that a butter knife and a combat knife are both sharp.

You shouldn't get this drunk on Xmass you know.

Nah, thats an   anti-Western conspiracy theory....I imagine you feel guilty every Xmas  because of the amounts of alcohol you must consume...its fine I give you permission  to get inebriated   :x

Of course you  must get drunk on Xmas, everyone knows this as an irrefutable fact  :yes:

That is why Dry January is a thing 8)  

• Like 1

C0coNYAXAAAJjwt.jpg

I'm not interested in expanding our nuclear capability either, but this is still far more reasonable than the F-35. 

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

C0coNYAXAAAJjwt.jpg

I'm not interested in expanding our nuclear capability either, but this is still far more reasonable than the F-35. 

Well, considering how many toes he's going to step on expanding the nuclear arsenal is sure to keep any global coalition from getting to aggressive.

village_idiot.gif

In terms of the practicalities of them as weapons there are already multiple times more nukes in the hands of the US and Russia than are needed so having ten times instead of six times as many hardly matters. That does make it all kind of pointless in terms of value for money unless they're going to retire expensive older models which seems unlikely.

Would be kind of lol if the US had to buy the rocket engines for any new ICBMs off of Russia though.

It's a good idea actually. We'll cut out gubbermint jobs and use the newly unemployed gubbermint workers to do the same thing but much cheaper, and hire out newly unemployed people to work for private firms to replace workers who may be asking for a raise, thus creating a steady supply of low-wage labor to circumvent the tyranny of minimum wage and worker's rights.

If you disagree with me you're an evil statist who hates freedom.

• Like 1

snip

Finally an alternative to UBI: slavery.

Sorry but I don't want to be an intern again.

village_idiot.gif

Would be kind of lol if the US had to buy the rocket engines for any new ICBMs off of Russia though.

Damascus, K-219, and a whole host of other incidents soundly and definitively convinced SAC/STRATCOM that volatile and corrosive liquid fuel rockets the Russians broadly favour for missiles aren't the way to go for ICBMs, so fat chance of that. As one Pratt & Whitney rep observed in the 90s in a fact-finding trip to Russia in spite of their strong tradition in liquid rockets they were lightyears behind in jet engine and solid fuel rocket development.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Not like the US can't make missile engines.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra