Politics 2016

Wrath of Dagon

Huh so Russian ambassador to Turkey got shot.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Huh so Russian ambassador to Turkey got shot.

http://nos.nl/artikel/2149210-aanslag-op-russische-ambassadeur-in-turkije-syrie-lijkt-motief.html

Holy ****.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

WOD  that reminds me ....I see now California wants to leave the USA. I warned you about this remember, I said what if California now thinks its unwanted because you guys keep saying "  we dont care if  California leaves " 

Do you feel guilty ?

No, I feel great. Not that there's a chance California would leave, but I wish they would and create the People's Republic they always wanted.

Please.  You come from a state that wouldn't even let craft brewers sell their own beer.

http://spirits.blog.austin360.com/2016/08/25/texas-brewers-win-fight-over-distribution-rights-law/

There's been some shooting at the US embassy in Ankara as well, and now i hear about three people shot at an islamic center in Zurich, a raid is going on in Brussels, and someone drove a truck through a christmas market in Berlin, killing 9 wounding 50 and got away with it to boot. They got him.

...the **** is going on?

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

There's been some shooting at the US embassy in Ankara as well, and now i hear about three people shot at an islamic center in Zurich, a raid is going on in Brussels, and someone drove a truck through a christmas market in Berlin, killing 9 wounding 50 and got away with it to boot. They got him.

...the **** is going on?

I said that Europe needs more truck control. WHEN WILL THEY LEARN!!!???

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

...the **** is going on?

I said that Europe needs more truck control. WHEN WILL THEY LEARN!!!???

It was Polish truck, so clearly they made mistake in letting Polish trucks and drivers in Germany

But anyway there will be more truck control in near future.

Busy day for Islam. 

At least this confirms more irrefutable evidence that Islam isn't a violent religion   ;)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ban Euro Truck Driving Simulator!

Games like that lead our young astray and turn them into violent offenders.

J/K of course, my condolences to the victims relatives. Sadly the latter will probably be reduced to fuel for the internal political squabbling in Germany.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

LMAO All this talk about 'faithkless electors' against Trump and it 'faithless el;ectors' who thumped Clinton. LMAO

As for these terror attacks. EVIL.

And, the powers to be are doing everything they can not to call them terrorist attacks and certainly don't want to blame (Extremist) Islam. Even had some try to lay blame on the Polish. L0L  On certain sites theya r ebanning anyone who even hints that it MIGHT be a terror attack. In Germany, they are telling people not to spread 'rumours' and to stay home and shut up.

Geez. At least when an extremist Christian/whitey commits a heinous crime (terror attack) there is no mercy and they get called out for their nonsense. 

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"LMAO All this talk about 'faithkless electors' against Trump and it 'faithless el;ectors' who thumped Clinton. LMAO"

If my options as an elector were The Hillary and The Donald I'd have voted for Colin Powell as well, and eaten any fine. Not many people who get hacked come out of it looking better than they did before- certainly not the DNC or Podesta. Might be something to learn there for the next election cycle.

This is outrageous. German Police confirmed that the terrorist was an refugee an hour earlier than the nationality of an passenger (he was Polish). Yet they released the nationality of the passenger first. They "forget" to mention that he was dead during the event, shot by said refugee. Only after Polish jurnalists started to make a fuss they released full information.

This is EU leaders folks. Defending terrorists on expense of their members.

P.S. Poland patriotic groups posted on their social media accounts:

"On 19th December 2016 estimated number of muslims in Poland is 35.000.

On 1st January 2017 - to be seen"

Typically law enforcement is much quicker to release details on deceased than the living for investigative purposes.

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive?

Hmm.  Well it does seem to be defined as: the use of violent acts to frighten the people in an area as a way of trying to achieve a political goal

So I guess it could be deemed as such.  It just seems very different to target a specific political figure for murder as opposed to what we have been seeing more commonly defined as terrorism, like the truck attack in Berlin.

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive?

I do agree, the two are similar because he killed the ambassador due to the real  atrocities Russia committed in Aleppo 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

True. There are differences between a suicide bomber and an assassination. Some people consider only "indiscriminate" violence to be terrorism, rather than specific people as targets. I feel like terrorism is generally targeted enough, however. It may not be "that guy" but "people in this location" isn't entirely indiscriminate either.

Both are terrorism. Terrorism can be targeted at state officials only, there is no manual that says it must be limited to scaring civilians.

Anyway, whoever helped that Turkish idiot is not long for this world. Russians are really good at wrapping up loose ends.

Regarding Berlin, I've been telling all my friends that the time for ISIS to "do something" is now, if the are to reassert their status. No surprise that it happened.

The only thing I want to know is Germans will punish Merkel for it, because if there is ever a clear case for personal responsibility for a particular political decision - this is it.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Where do we have Ben now? :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Both are terrorism. Terrorism can be targeted at state officials only, there is no manual that says it must be limited to scaring civilians.

Anyway, whoever helped that Turkish idiot is not long for this world. Russians are really good at wrapping up loose ends.

Regarding Berlin, I've been telling all my friends that the time for ISIS to "do something" is now, if the are to reassert their status. No surprise that it happened.

The only thing I want to know is Germans will punish Merkel for it, because if there is ever a clear case for personal responsibility for a particular political decision - this is it.

The last thing we want is anymore negative  political sentiment towards Merkel, she needs to stay in power so the EU continues to be a sustainable and successful economic union for its member states 

John Milton 

guess maybe start removing the rotten apples

The more I watch all this unfold, the more I'm having trouble telling who's the rotten apple these days.

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

After having watched this I must say I am really afraid of how the future will unfold:

Russia, Assad and Iran are retaking Iraq and Syria piece by piece and I wonder if IS will simply sit there and watch once their so called capital(Raqqa) comes under direct threat from ground forces. They won't go out with a whimper but a bang and that is what scares me. 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.