Politics 2016

Wrath of Dagon

Catching up on the math in this thread, I have some questions.

So from what I understand... If you supported Bernie but voted for Hillary, your morality score is low? But if you voted for Hillary from the start, your morality score is also low because she is a bigger corporate influence than a literal corporate leader. If you voted for Trump you are Literally Hitler, so low score again. If you didn't vote for a primary candidate, it's the same as not voting and if you didn't vote, you're the worst of all.

I guess my question is, is there a way to humanely euthenize the entire population of the USA so it can be put out of its misery?

Just to reiterate, I campaigned for Sweet Meteor O' Death 2016. I just didn't expect that to give me more morality points than the candidates.

• Like 3

http://www.pravdareport.com/news/world/europe/15-12-2016/136425-russia_eu_trump-0/

Russia and EU to unite against Donald Trump?

"The head of EU diplomacy Federica Mogherini said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal said that the EU and Russia could find common grounds on a number of international issues to join forces to counter future policies of the Donald Trump administration.

Moghernini, speaking about the fate of the nuclear agreement with Iran under the new US president, noted that Washington's slightest derogation from those agreements would raise serious concerns in Moscow.

"In a transactional manner...case by case, you will find issues where I wouldn't be surprised to see the Europeans and the Russians on the same side - Iran deal, Middle East peace process, possibly the role of the UN," Mogherini told The Wall Street Journal."

:yes:

So EU fearing a nationalist US will try to ally with Russia because they share some commonalities like geographic location?

It is as likely as a Russia and the US coming together over the fight against ISIS and Russia mediating China-US relations, which would birth the most powerful political bloc on the planet. One world government here we go.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

http://www.pravdareport.com/news/world/europe/15-12-2016/136425-russia_eu_trump-0/

"The head of EU diplomacy Federica Mogherini said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal said that the EU and Russia could find common grounds on a number of international issues to join forces to counter future policies of the Donald Trump administration.

Moghernini, speaking about the fate of the nuclear agreement with Iran under the new US president, noted that Washington's slightest derogation from those agreements would raise serious concerns in Moscow.

"In a transactional manner...case by case, you will find issues where I wouldn't be surprised to see the Europeans and the Russians on the same side - Iran deal, Middle East peace process, possibly the role of the UN," Mogherini told The Wall Street Journal."

They can try to stump Trump if they want, but we all know it can't be done. 

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Obama's press conference was interesting. He was mostly reasonable, trying to stabilize a borderline hysterical political situation. Then he dropped a big ol' truth bomb about fake news that I don't think the lefty media liked. He also stated clearly that Russia did not hack the actual voting process, but simply hacked into the DNC. A distinction that had to be made. Once in a while the guy impresses me.

Kenyans are impressive people.

He is not Kenyan, he was born in the USA...surely you must be aware of this?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

This must be one of those joke websites?

There is very little chance or practical reason  the EU would ever align with Putin over Trump who is the USA,  a historical and current ally of the EU

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It is Pravda it rarely writes anything real, but it is run by member of Putin's inner circle so its political topics aren't accidents

It must be one of the most  obviously unlikely political alliances to suggest could occur....do you think people really believe this?

John Milton 

Obama's press conference was interesting. He was mostly reasonable, trying to stabilize a borderline hysterical political situation. Then he dropped a big ol' truth bomb about fake news that I don't think the lefty media liked. He also stated clearly that Russia did not hack the actual voting process, but simply hacked into the DNC. A distinction that had to be made. Once in a while the guy impresses me.

4339467.jpg

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I have to applaud Bruce in his self sactrifice for showing us that smoking weed is a detriment to your cognitive skills. 

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It is Pravda it rarely writes anything real, but it is run by member of Putin's inner circle so its political topics aren't accidents

It must be one of the most obviously unlikely political alliances to suggest could occur....do you think people really believe this?

How is it unlikely?

Germany does what it wants in EU. So:

1. Historically it won't be a shocker.

2. Germany still does deals with Russia disregarding the sanctions. Ever heard of Nord Stream?

There are many economic, historical and political reasons a EU/Russia alliance vs USA is highly unlikely and  even the suggestion seems preposterous 

But one of the obvious reasons is the lack of economic advantage aligning with Russia will bring, Russia is in  an economic recession and they offer no economic incentive for the EU to support them and somehow drop the USA

4339467.jpg

I intentionally dont mind not understanding certain Internet colloquialisms and nomenclature that some members use on forums like this

I admit I am not getting this joke, how is it funny? I am missing the punchline ......Obama gets some weak compliment and he is then compared to be Kenyan....where is the humor ?

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

I have to applaud Bruce in his self sactrifice for showing us that smoking weed is a detriment to your cognitive skills. :lol

:lol:   :lol:

" cognitive skills " .....thats not something that matters much on these forums ...or do we think this is a place where words like that warrant a real debate?  

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Obama is Kenyan, in that his father is from there.  I'm Italian, in that my great grandmother boarded a ship from Northern Italy to go work in the Ghiradelli factory in San Francisco.  Being an American doesn't mean you have to set aside your heritage.    

Obama is Kenyan, in that his father is from there.  I'm Italian, in that my great grandmother boarded a ship from Northern Italy to go work in the Ghiradelli factory in San Francisco.  Being an American doesn't mean you have to set aside your heritage.    

Out of curiosity, how many Americans say that they are English by heritage? ;)

I mean, we get Irish-Americans, and Scot-Americans who proudly claim their heritage (or at least the Hollywood version of their heritage and large drinking).

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

4339467.jpg

With some of the crowd here, one never knows. :p
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It must be one of the most obviously unlikely political alliances to suggest could occur....do you think people really believe this?
How is it unlikely?

Germany does what it wants in EU. So:

1. Historically it won't be a shocker.

2. Germany still does deals with Russia disregarding the sanctions. Ever heard of Nord Stream?

There are many economic, historical and political reasons a EU/Russia alliance vs USA is highly unlikely and even the suggestion seems preposterous

Yup. So numerous you cannot name one.

But one of the obvious reasons is the lack of economic advantage aligning with Russia will bring, Russia is in an economic recession and they offer no economic incentive for the EU to support them and somehow drop the USA

Fo you have any clue about anything?

Check the map and see how huge Russia is. It's one of the biggest markets in a single country. They have vast amounts of natural resorces and endless demand for western goods.

Economically there are plenty of reasons to allign with Russia.

I want to be clear on this, your view on geopolitics and the feasibility of global alliances as far Russia is concerned has a view that because Russia has natural resources that could be a reason for the EU to align with Russia and move away from the USA?

John Milton 

I want to be clear on this, your view on geopolitics and the feasibility of global alliances as far Russia is concerned has a view that because Russia has natural resources that could be a reason for the EU to align with Russia and move away from the USA?

Do you even follow your own conversations or not so much?

Its very difficult to have a debate or exchange ideas if you are incapable of responding to a  simple question 

John Milton 

I mean, we get Irish-Americans, and Scot-Americans who proudly claim their heritage (or at least the Hollywood version of their heritage and large drinking).

I don't think it is any type of slight against the British, I think it is more that it is simply so common to have English roots somewhere in the family tree that it isn't much of a distinction.  I can also trace my roots back to the Mayflower and a Pilgrim named John Alden, which is a cool story, but the Italian great grandmother who went by Mama Mia, never learned English, and had a tattoo is a much more interesting one.  

They usually use the word "Anglo" instead.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Personally, I've known a few who considered themselves English-Americans but as the gentleman above me already said most people use Anglo. I don't know if I've seen it movies or shows with the possible exception of some set in ye olde 'Murica 

Free games updated 3/4/21