Politics 2016

Wrath of Dagon

Congress has to shoulder some of that too, if so.

No because the Congress did exactly what it was elected to do... Stop Obama. Do you really think millions of voters elected a solid Republican majority starting in 2010 to go to Washington and help that man? They were sent there to stop him. And they did for the most part.

And ignore fixing any problems in the process?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No because the Congress did exactly what it was elected to do... Stop Obama. Do you really think millions of voters elected a solid Republican majority starting in 2010 to go to Washington and help that man? They were sent there to stop him. And they did for the most part.

He wasn't fixing anything.. He was lurching from one bad idea to the next and openly suggesting anyone who disagreed was a racist. As it happens he did work with the Republican Congress a little bit. He still got his bloated spending resolutions through twice a year. But under him the IRS have become "thought police", the .NSA is spying on Americans, US Veterans are considered terrorists, when your unemployment benefits run out you become an un-person, the ACA has made healthcare affordable for 30 million people by making it unaffordable for 500 million, and don't even get me started on the VA, BLM, executive orders, and the courts. And that is just some of the domestic stuff. How much "fixing" do you think a liberty loving people will tolerate?

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Did you even read the article you just linked?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Does anyone?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Well, I read it, because I was actually curious as to what he had to say, and I felt his message was basically, "Things obviously aren't perfect, but it hasn't been that long since things were really bad, and we've gotten a whole lot better since then, and hopefully that will continue."

Is there an implication there that things aren't as good as he'd ideally want? Yes. But like how somebody can say that they wish they were in better economic (or whatever) straits while also recognizing that they're actually doing alright as it is and that they're going to be O.K. and things will probably even get better sometime soon, I don't think he's saying that America "[is] still a bunch of racists".

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Does anyone?

What did you say?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Does anyone?

What did you say?

And, to go even a step further, is the practice of fist-****ing not the exemplary case of what Deleuze called the "expansion of a concept?" The fist is put to a new use; the notion of penetration is expanded into the combination of the hand with sexual penetration, into the exploration of the inside of a body. No wonder Foucault, Deleuze's Other, was practicing fisting: is fist-****ing not the sexual invention of the twentieth century, a new model of eroticism and pleasure? It is no longer genitalized, but focused just on the penetration of the surface, with the role of the phallus being taken over by the hand, the autonomized partial object par excellence. And, what about the so-called Transformer or animorph toys, a car or a plane that can be transformed into a humanoid robot, an animal that can be morphed into a human or robot. Is this not Deleuzian? There are no "metaphorics" here; the point is not that the machinic or animal form is revealed as a mask containing a human shape but, rather, the existence of the becoming-machine or becoming-animal of the human, the flow of continuous morphing. What is blurred here is also the divide machine/living organism: a car transmutes into a humanoid/cyborg organism. And, is the ultimate irony not that, for Deleuze, the sport was surfing, a Californian sport par excellence if there ever was one? No longer a sport of self-control and domination directed towards some goal, it is just a practice of inserting oneself into a wave and letting oneself be carried by it.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Does anyone?

What did you say?

And, to go even a step further, is the practice of fist-****ing not the exemplary case of what Deleuze called the "expansion of a concept?" The fist is put to a new use; the notion of penetration is expanded into the combination of the hand with sexual penetration, into the exploration of the inside of a body. No wonder Foucault, Deleuze's Other, was practicing fisting: is fist-****ing not the sexual invention of the twentieth century, a new model of eroticism and pleasure? It is no longer genitalized, but focused just on the penetration of the surface, with the role of the phallus being taken over by the hand, the autonomized partial object par excellence. And, what about the so-called Transformer or animorph toys, a car or a plane that can be transformed into a humanoid robot, an animal that can be morphed into a human or robot. Is this not Deleuzian? There are no "metaphorics" here; the point is not that the machinic or animal form is revealed as a mask containing a human shape but, rather, the existence of the becoming-machine or becoming-animal of the human, the flow of continuous morphing. What is blurred here is also the divide machine/living organism: a car transmutes into a humanoid/cyborg organism. And, is the ultimate irony not that, for Deleuze, the sport was surfing, a Californian sport par excellence if there ever was one? No longer a sport of self-control and domination directed towards some goal, it is just a practice of inserting oneself into a wave and letting oneself be carried by it.

What a coincidence, here i was listening to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-IR9oNzdrA

We are talking about politics being like screwing each other, right?

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/donald-trump-twitter-emoji-crooked-hillary-232647

"Source: Twitter cut out of Trump tech meeting over failed emoji deal

Twitter was told it was "bounced" from Wednesday's meeting between tech executives and President-elect Donald Trump in retribution for refusing during the campaign to allow an emoji version of the hashtag #CrookedHillary, according to a source close to the situation.

Twitter is one of the few major U.S. tech companies not represented at Wednesday afternoon's Trump Tower meeting attended by, among others, Apple's Tim Cook, Amazon's Jeff Bezos, Facebook's Sheryl Sandberg and Tesla's Elon Musk — an omission all the more striking because of Trump's heavy dependence on the Twitter platform. With some 17.3 million followers of his account, the president-elect has made Twitter into the de facto press channel of his transition operation."

2017: RIP The Funny Things Thread, replaced by Politics 2017 thread  :dancing:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/13/florida-man-fakes-trump-inspired-hate-crime-own-ab/

Does anyone have any links to a hate crime committed by a true Trump supporter who is white against a minority (black, latino, or otherwise) where the perpetrator was actually caught, and ast least arrested?

The only story links I find over this hate crime nonsense that leads to arrests are the 'false flag' ones or the ones where it is Hillary  sup[orters/anti Trumpers committing the hate crimes or faking one.

I've read tons of stories about 'feels' that got hurt by some meany but none reported to police that led to arrest. There's gotta be AT LEAST one, RIGHT?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/13/florida-man-fakes-trump-inspired-hate-crime-own-ab/

Does anyone have any links to a hate crime committed by a true Trump supporter who is white against a minority (black, latino, or otherwise) where the perpetrator was actually caught, and ast least arrested?

The only story links I find over this hate crime nonsense that leads to arrests are the 'false flag' ones or the ones where it is Hillary  sup[orters/anti Trumpers committing the hate crimes or faking one.

I've read tons of stories about 'feels' that got hurt by some meany but none reported to police that led to arrest. There's gotta be AT LEAST one, RIGHT?

You can tell these people have never faced any bigotry in their entire life by how cartoonish they make their fake one seems.

A guy burns a car, and leaves a note saying kkk and Trump? LOL! Even better are the nazi swastikas that are drawn wrong. I guess those neo-nazis forgot what a swastika looks like!

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

He wasn't fixing anything.. He was lurching from one bad idea to the next and openly suggesting anyone who disagreed was a racist. As it happens he did work with the Republican Congress a little bit. He still got his bloated spending resolutions through twice a year. But under him the IRS have become "thought police", the .NSA is spying on Americans, US Veterans are considered terrorists, when your unemployment benefits run out you become an un-person, the ACA has made healthcare affordable for 30 million people by making it unaffordable for 500 million, and don't even get me started on the VA, BLM, executive orders, and the courts. And that is just some of the domestic stuff. How much "fixing" do you think a liberty loving people will tolerate?

Yeah ok chief, but with regards to the problem in Volo's scenario - how is that not Congress' job to guard the electoral process from outside interference.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah ok chief, but with regards to the problem in Volo's scenario - how is that not Congress' job to guard the electoral process from outside interference.

No it isn't. But it is Congress's job to be a check on the President and the Supreme Court. Just like it's the Supreme Court's job to be a check on Congress and the President. And it's the President's job to be a check on the Court and the Congress. The US Government is actually a beautifully designed system and people complain how it isn't working at all is actually when it is working at it's best. 

Thomas Sowell

Yes I did. He is a master of saying it without saying it. Like this little quote:

"It’s somebody not getting called back for an interview, although it’s never explicit. Or it’s, you know, who gets the TV acting job, the actress who doesn’t quite look the part, and what does that mean? And in that environment, where you’re not talking necessarily about cut and dried racist behavior, but rather about the complex ways in which society is working these issues through"

Gotcha. Anytime something goes against a minority the underlying cause was the racism we don't even know we have. And yes... he really does think that. And I think he also truly believes in his heart that the only reason anyone ever opposed one of his policy ideas is because of latent or overt racism. I believe he is arrogant enough to actually think he is so right no one could possibly disagree without some nefarious motive or fatal character flaw. 

For myself I had nothing against him on the day he took office. But by 2009 I despised him. The love of liberty and individual rights and freedom does not abide within that man. I will be happy to see the back of him next month. 

Thomas Sowell

Obama has always been subversive. You still need the average IQ of a snail to fall for his shtick, but it works pretty well when all you hear is 

eight years of real words mixed in with " uhh...uhm, well...if, yeah...uhm, now hold on!...uhm...Uhhh"  Most journos are probably begging for quaaludes to get through each press briefing. 

Isn't this the CIA job?

I thought that the CIA director would place his resignation letter alongside with the report. In any other Country there would be a sh*tstorm if the main intelligence agency issued a report that they let the foreign country to interfere in election.

Imagine what Putin would do to the FIS director after such a fiasco.

The CIA's main job is to suck and be a waste of money. The whole thing should be disbanded. 

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Isn't this the CIA job?

I thought that the CIA director would place his resignation letter alongside with the report. In any other Country there would be a sh*tstorm if the main intelligence agency issued a report that they let the foreign country to interfere in election.

The CIA's main job is to suck and be a waste of money. The whole thing should be disbanded. 

Thread lightly with such opinions, they might turn up to be quite unhealthy.

35_john_f_kennedy.jpg

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Of course there are example of increased Hate Crimes since Trump was elected, its not the end of civil society but it is real 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/11/12/post-election-spate-hate-crimes-worse-than-post-911-experts-say/93681294/

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Isn't this the CIA job?

Its replacement would end up that bad, I would guess. Can't not have a foreign aimed intelligence agency.