Ghoul Bat buried weapon used on Longtooth

Foxoftheasterisk

Question

So, this is one where it's unclear whether or not it is a bug. I figured I'll just report it and let the forum fight it out.

So, during Sandpoint Under Siege, Kyra encounters Ghoul Bat at Sandpoint Cathedral. Lem gets to be the "lucky" one that encounters Longtooth. He fights with a magic weapon and narrowly loses. The weapon is buried and he's forced to discard. (Which is definitely the wrong order, since Ghoul Bat says bury the magic things at the end of the encounter.)

But, should it have been buried at all? It was played while Ghoul Bat was out, but not as part of its encounter. So....?

----

Android 6.0.1 on Nvidia Shield tablet K1

PFID #EC19BBE1B715AFA6

Story mode, Sandpoint Under Siege, Legendary difficulty, Night Approaches and Mother Father Snakes

Party of Lem, Valeros, Ezren, Kyra, Merisiel, and Harsk

6 answers to this question

At the end of the encounter the GB buries cards with the Magic Trait that were played. So I'd say that includes any cards played as a result of summoned cards - because they are all played during the GB encounter. It's an interesting point though and I'm not entirely confident of my response.

Officially, by the Rulebook, when a card summons another card - the immediately starts a NEW encounter. So, it's a bug.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Yup.

When a card summons a card for you to encounter, this starts a new encounter, triggering any “before the encounter” and “after the encounter” powers at the appropriate time. ...
When you’re done encountering the summoned cards, continue resolving the original encounter.

While the event "feels" like a nested series of encounters, it is actually two separate encounters, and effects from the first shouldn't carry over to the summoned card (unless the card indicates such be the case, e.g. Headless Lord).

It might be a different story if Ghoul Bat had "At the end of your turn, bury any card played with the magic trait," but it doesn't, so it saves us all a terrible argument.   :)