Play in ios and android at the same time

waspa

Question

9 answers to this question

I'm not sure which question you're asking there waspa:

1. does content purchased in Google Play entitle you to the same content via Apple's App Store without additional payment
  2. can you play the same characters that you had on your Android copy of PACG when you play a copy of PACG on iOS

I don't know the answer to question 1 (though I suspect that it's "no") and Hannibal has answered question 2 "no, not yet, but maybe in the future".

Yes, one account to all devices, so only one purhace. Yes, you can use same characters and use same game files.

When this is working you can acces the same game with different devices, much like you can acces you email via your phone, or your PC or your tablet etc.

According the info by devs the common account will be available via face-book account. That is the original plan. Those who don't like Facebook can use their old account but They can not play with different devices.

• Like 1

Hang on, what are you saying Hannibal? You say "yes" and "yes" then say "when this is working" so which is it?: "yes this all works now" or "this will all work in the future"? The way you've set it out is very confusing!

• does content purchased in Google Play entitle you to the same content via Apple's App Store without additional payment
  • can you play the same characters that you had on your Android copy of PACG when you play a copy of PACG on iOS

Currently, the answer for both of those is obviously 'no.'

In the "future", expect them to both flip to 'yes' once the Facebook OAUTH comes to the release build.  Yeah, user-land speculation and whatnot, but the game and PlayFab API both support the assumption.  This would also include an eventual Steam release.  PlayFab technically can use any unique identifier for logins, but it has specific methods to handle Steam IDs.

After you purchase some IAP via gold or your platform store (Google Play/iOS App Store), the license is added to your PFID, not your google or apple account.  What we have is already a fairly platform-agnostic system; all we're waiting on is some method to bind accounts together.

I'm not a huge fan of Facebook, but it is pretty deeply ingrained in the PlayFab API, and is a well-documented, least-effort solution.

How rude! It may be obvious to you, but "obviously" not so to the OP or to me. I presume that makes you feel superior in some way to point it out. By all means, correct or improve my understanding - I'll always appreciate it, but please don't insult me when you do so.

That being said, it must be fairly close to happening as PC/Steam looks as though it's being scheduled for some time in 2017: it "feels" like an H1 timing rather than an H2 time-frame. It seems to depend on what OBS decides to do with Quest Mode once they've put AP6 to bed around Christmas.

Sorry about that.  No offense intended!  

I only meant that the 'no' was obvious in that any sort of cross-platform hasn't been part of the game since launch.  We're all stuck in one app ecosystem or the other since there's no method to link both sides together.

The reasons why I assume that "yes" is on the horizon, are less obvious, and come from a couple sources such as a series of vague dev comments, learning the PlayFab API, and poking the app with a pointy stick.  I'd say there are reasonable odds that some sort of "Log In with Facebook" button will appear on the main menu in the next major patch or so.

• Like 1

I would ques same Also. Is it before christmast or after is another question. If it is before it has to happen very soon. If it is after it will be in the next year. It will cause quite a buss in the forums when it is out and if/when the devs don't log in the forums between 23.12- 2.1 the delay will be long for any bug fixes in that matter. But They have tested it internally so it should be near the release... if everything goes smoothly. You know how the drill goes...