Stride bug

Darkren

Question

It's a spell that lets me move another character to another location.

If I use it before I explore to move another character, I lose my explore for the turn.

I can still use blessings or allies to gain additional explores.

I do not see on the card anything saying end turn after making the move...  I do see the second line saying it may be used at the end of my turn to make a move for the character with the card in their hand.

Working as intended, or bug?

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

Bug for sure. I seem to remember there's a few things that can be done before your first explore and that lose you your explore (though my search-fu fails me) - none of which is intentional IIRC. We've had some trouble with end of turn effects, so it looks as though the turn logic isn't as robust as it should be.

It's a spell that lets me move another character to another location.

If I use it before I explore to move another character, I lose my explore for the turn.

I can still use blessings or allies to gain additional explores.

I do not see on the card anything saying end turn after making the move...  I do see the second line saying it may be used at the end of my turn to make a move for the character with the card in their hand.

Working as intended, or bug?

I've encountered this bug with stride.

Also with Cape of Escape I think.

Just bought PACG on Steam a few days ago. I have also encountered a complete lose of my free Explore turn, multiple times now, if I cast Stride before I use my free Explore. Stride was used to move another character to a different location.

And seeing the fact that this thread is from Dec 2016 and still affects the game is saddening.

Yes, this problem already exists and has been reported for past patches. Cape of Escape was where I most frequently encountered the problem, personally. Disappointing to see that it doesn't seem to have been fixed in the latest patch, despite the age and impact (rendering many cards dramatically weaker) of the issue.

Game locking bug with using stride to move another adventure to the temple. It has them discard, then you switch back to the caster of stride, blue arrow is highlighted but does not respond. Was finally getting a good legendary run though final chapter of burnt offerings too. Major bummer.

Game locking bug with using stride to move another adventure to the temple. It has them discard, then you switch back to the caster of stride, blue arrow is highlighted but does not respond. Was finally getting a good legendary run though final chapter of burnt offerings too. Major bummer.

Encountered the same problem yesterday, also after cancelling the discard the game told me that the character on the temple had to discard 2 cards but it doesn't allow for more than one. Closing the game bring me back to the character on the temple must discard 1 card, I had to forfeit the run.