The real influence of populism\nationalism in the EU

BruceVC

By the way, some people on this forum were very dedicated to proving me wrong on the issue of Islam and immigration. Now that its successfully tanked half of your governments, what have you to say now?

What exactly was it about immigration that some people were very dedicated to proving you wrong about? That it's going to "destroy our culture"? That in a generation there would be less ethnic French in France than second-gen Muslim immigrants? I ask because a lot of nonsense has been said regarding this "issue" and it wasn't so much proving anyone wrong as asking you and others to, um, substantiate your claims, so an actual discussion could be had.

I'd also like to know when you say "it" has tanked governments, what exactly is "it"? Immigration? If so, being generous I'd say you're jumping to conclusions, and disregarding other important factors, such as, the huge-ass long-term unemployment in Italy and constant strikes and protests that have been going on in France for a while now, and that have nothing to do with immigration, being instead directed against PM Valls' labor reform pet project. Mind, if you want to play the card that immigration is the chief factor for what has been happening, you are actually pushing the "2016 the year of racism" narrative. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

And well, the limp-**** right has been re-elected for another term over here after some embarrassing kowtowing by the limp-**** left, so I personally don't have much to say. Er... the more things change, the more they stay the same? ...I got nothing.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I'd say the populist and crypto-xenophobic groundswell has always been at least somewhat present in France. I think that sentiment is rather succinctly expressed by De Villepin's quote from '05: "[G]lobalization is not an ideal; it cannot be our destiny."

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Metaphors, how do they work.

• Like 1

Heja Sverige!!

Metaphors, how do they work.

Through Stalinism.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

This is like being trolled by retarded children.

So - to borrow D&D terminology - a level-appropriate encounter, basically.

By all appearances it's a few CR too high.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Stupid level scaling.

Heja Sverige!!

Well seeing as the rest of the mob is here, how do we update our game? A play on their name, like Wrath of Dullard?

Well seeing as the rest of the mob is here, how do we update our game? A play on their name, like Wrath of Dullard?

c'mon KP, we all know it requires a special brand of idiot to stoop so low as to consistently refer to people they don't like by childish nicknames

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

c'mon KP, we all know it requires a special brand of idiot to stoop so low as to consistently refer to people they don't like by childish nicknames

I'm just trying to make the encounter something he can handle.

Proper hand designed encounters to maximise challenge and interactivity, please. None of this Oblivion/ Diablo level scaled copy and paste crap.

Plays on names are awesome too. Far too much negativity around. Be a rainbow, not a kainebow.

Such sorrowful existence!

Very inefficient phraseology, you clearly have too much time on your (no doubt very small) hands. Why type so much when a mere three letters would suffice?

• Like 1

Poor WoD, always being cruelly and unfairly bullied by the world's smallest mob. Such sorrowful existence!

Ah, there we have it, exhibits A, B, and C above. I knew if I waited long enough the rest of you would show up to prove how sassy you are *snap snap snap*. Psst, bullying is against the forum rules.

Well flys are attracted to excrement, perhaps he sensed you were full of it.

Be a rainbow, not a kainebow.

....well played.

This is like an 80's high school movie where the three cool cheerleaders are trying to bully the nerd with cringing put downs.

It's like a metaphor.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"No u" is the best you got? You make Jeb Bush look high energy. Sad!

We must build ThunderThread

Two posters enter, one poster leaves.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra