Level 17 Quest Reward of Henchman

Kitchenmouse

Question

Encountered a new one (to me) today while playing quest mode. For Lini's level 17 +Animal Ally reward, she received Tangletooth. Merisiel's level 17 reward of a Magic Weapon netted her a Goblin Plate Armor +1, which, while cool, is not a weapon.

General Info:

* Device: Acer R11 Chromebook running ChromeOS 54 w/ Android support

* PFID: A517F31FDFA275

Game Info:

* Pass & Play: No; Permadeath: No

* Mode: Quest

* Quest party: Valeros, Seoni, Merisiel, Lini

* Scenario Difficulty: Heroic

* Wildcards: Don't remember

Merisiel:

* Levels achieved: 16 and 17

* Rewards granted: Ally, Magic Weapon

* Cards received: (some random ally, don't remember), Goblin Plate Armor +1

The armor showed up normally in the armors category, I chose not to keep it and rebuilt her deck as per usual.

Lini:

* Levels achieved: 16 and 17

* Rewards granted: Ally, Animal Ally

* Cards received: Merchant, Tangletooth

Tangletooth was granted, then in the deck rebuilding phase, she did not show up in any of the categories. After rebuilding Lini's deck, I viewed her deck from the Quest character selection screen. Tangletooth showed up as an extra card.

Lini's card list:

* Weapons: 0

* Spells: 6 - Cure, Find Traps, Holy Light x2, Improved Guidance, Inflict

* Armor: 0

* Items: 2 - Sage's Journal, Thieves Tools

* Allies: 4 - Crow, Giant Weasel, Saber-Toothed Tiger, Toad

* Blessings: 4 - Blessings of Calistria, Desna, Shelyn; Doctrine of Abadar

* Henchman: 1 - Tangletooth

The bug has actually given her a +1 to her deck without a card feat.

Screenshots:

* http://imgur.com/fzMV1RC - Quest reward screen

* http://imgur.com/MTRE53D - Deck List

While there are other PACG characters that can use monsters in their hands, it's not applicable to RotR.

I tried playing with it in Lini's deck. The first quest crashed in the middle and wasn't recovered. In the second, Tangletooth wasn't seen as an animal ally for the purposes of Lini's power, but she had other animal allies in her hand at the time so it may just have never been picked. After winning that quest, I found I could see Tangletooth if I selected the All view for Lini's deck.

I moved her to Seoni - no problem there. Seoni now has an extra card, which functioned quite well as an attack spell using her power. Tangletooth doesn't seem to be anything other than a discardable card (and presumably banishable), but considering it's an extra hit point and an extra attack potential without giving anything up for Seoni, I'll take it. As bugs go, this could be worse.

2 answers to this question

Similar bug with Lini's level 17 Quest Advancement, I got the boss card "Ripnugget and Stickfoot" (has the animal trait).

General Info:

* Device: iPhone 5

* PFID: E1DAD0BC536648F2

Game Info:

* Pass & Play: No; Permadeath: No

* Mode: Quest

* Quest party: Merisiel, Seelah, Lini

* Scenario Difficulty: Don't remember

* Wildcards: Don't remember

Lini:

* Levels achieved: 17

* Rewards granted: Animal Ally

* Cards received: Ripnugget and Stickfoot)

"Ripnugget and Stickfoot" was granted, then in the deck rebuilding phase, the card did not show up in any of the categories. Playing the next scenario I actually drew it. (see picture)

In this case I am also holding another animal. (leaving quest mode saved as-is for now)

(Picture link - I can't seem to get an image link from google drive with an ending the forum accepts)

It's an issue that Obsidian was made aware of a few weeks ago.

We've also got a more recent thread here continuing the discussion.

So you're aware, having villains/monsters in your hand won't break the game or anything.  The cards are just useless for anything other than taking damage.  Best idea is to take that character over to the Village House and banish the card next time you get a chance.