Director's Commentary Stream with Josh Sawyer

Pillars of Eternity Director's Commentary Streams!

Starting today (November 30th) at 4PM PST/1AM CET, our own Community Manager, Aarik Dorobiala, will be joined by Pillars of Eternity Game Director, Josh Sawyer, as they play through Pillars on our Twitch channel and provide a director's commentary for the game. This will be the first of four planned streams we'll be doing over the next couple of months. They'll look back on the game that is closing in on two years since it's release and answer questions direct from Twitch chat. The planned dates for these streams are as follows:

- Stream 1: November 30th

- Stream 2: December 14th

- Stream 3: January 4th

- Stream 4: January 18th

Stream dates are subject to change, but any updates will be posted on the Eternity site!

• Like 1

I've been trying to watch this after the fact this link: https://www.twitch.tv/obsidian/v/104469198

The progress wheel just spins endlessly and the video never plays. It seems like most of the time when I try to use Twitch I leave disappointed. I have no idea how this site became so popular.

Guess I'll wait for the YouTube version, which will, undoubtedly, actually work.

• Like 1

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I've been trying to watch this after the fact this link: https://www.twitch.tv/obsidian/v/104469198

The progress wheel just spins endlessly and the video never plays. It seems like most of the time when I try to use Twitch I leave disappointed. I have no idea how this site became so popular.

Guess I'll wait for the YouTube version, which will, undoubtedly, actually work.

This will be going up on YouTube today. I'll update everyone once the link is live. :)

• Like 4

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

This will be going up on YouTube today. I'll update everyone once the link is live. :)

Is this still a today thing? It's nearly 6PM on a Friday in Irvine, so guessing that this is maybe this didn't work out for today?

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Me neither. Every time I try to watch anything there, it's only marginally less painful than trying to cut off your ballsack.

Loving the directory commentaries. Keep it up. It is interesting how people have complete opposite views of games. Two questions stuck out to me.

1. One was about rangers sucking, I never got this especially since all the updates. Rangers can rock with micro and coordination. I just wish they would show their true damage output by show both pet and character damage. I think some people would be surprised by the total output.  

2. The other one was about tyranny combat being faster. That was the opposite of my experience. Tyranny combat felt slower and more grindy. You couldn't ovoid any combat in tyranny except for dialogues either. The game felt like one big dungeon crawl. I like some dungeon crawling but not the whole game. Hope POE2 doesn't go this route. 

If you want my opinion on ranger :

You have secrets numbers.

1) Damage over-time

2) Damage of the pet.

When I see pallegina do less damage than the pet... = indicator.

When I have 3 in intelligence = in 3 seconds i can do 20~ damage. More at 6 seconds. = Indicator.

At this time, without DoT and Pet damage :

Ranger : 7500

Barbarian : 11 000

I think Rangers are better DPS than Barbarian. At the start of the game (Arbalest + 3 intelligence + Pet) and at the end with re-train (stormcaller + twin arrow + pet + DoT damage+50 % with DoT)

Dot (if rapidly infused) = 2/3 of actual damage on average. (easily)

Pet = slow but variable. 2/3 (Perhaps more at the end)

7500 + 4950 = 12 450

+

4950 = 17 400

So :

Barbarian = 11 000

Ranger : 17 400

Edited by theBalthazar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...