At 5.4, and giving up. Anyone else just not having fun anymore?

I just find this scenario harder than any of the other scenarios out there on legendary mode. I completed AD5.5 without any problem, not inadvertently saying that the last scenarios of any adventure are supposed to be difficult. It's also not as fun as the others, albeit original. Having to beat not one, not two, but three villains is interesting but overall requires much more work than all others, and this is why it isn't as fun as the others in my opinion, as the topic suggests. Of course couple with the bugs and all and it's a complete turnoff, literally.

... Having to beat not one, not two, but three villains is interesting but overall requires much more work than all others, and this is why it isn't as fun as the others in my opinion, as the topic suggests. ...

At least villains count as defeated for the purpose of extra blessings if you don't corner them... in Skulls & Shackles scenario 3.2 you also have three villains but they are undefeated unless all three are in the same location! And to make everything more "fun", that scenario also don't have henchman...

It seems I had been lucky. My first party to make 5.4 was Lem & Valeros, both following each other in the same location so they can help each other. I never met any bugs on 5.4. And I did it on all difficulty levels.

My second party is nearly at 5.4. With Seoni, Lini, Seelah and Merisiel, they will be splitted and they will probably encounter that bug quickly. I think I'll make a third party waiting for the fix.

... Having to beat not one, not two, but three villains is interesting but overall requires much more work than all others, and this is why it isn't as fun as the others in my opinion, as the topic suggests. ...

At least villains count as defeated for the purpose of extra blessings if you don't corner them... in Skulls & Shackles scenario 3.2 you also have three villains but they are undefeated unless all three are in the same location! And to make everything more "fun", that scenario also don't have henchman...

Someone has been playing it hardcore...

You might be interested in this FAQ:

http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1gu#v5748eaic9sj8

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Someone has been playing it hardcore...

You might be interested in this FAQ:

http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1gu#v5748eaic9sj8

Interesting... that will certainly make completing the scenario a lot easier. We did get quite a lot of practice playing like we did tho, so my group rarely fails completing (having Alahazra in party does help).

Edited by Ripe

I beat it once but then experienced the bug where I was not allowed to finish the scenario. 

That was a real kick in the teeth.  Nothing like being forced to replay a garbage scenario multiple times.  I do not blame Obsidian for it though; Paizo was the one who let a lot of nonsense scenarios into the game. 

I beat it once but then experienced the bug where I was not allowed to finish the scenario. 

That was a real kick in the teeth.  Nothing like being forced to replay a garbage scenario multiple times.  I do not blame Obsidian for it though; Paizo was the one who let a lot of nonsense scenarios into the game. 

I'm sorry but why was it a garbage scenario? And what are the other "nonsense scenarios"?

I am on patch 1.1.6 but I wonder whether the bug in 5.4 is really fixed. 

I was playing legendary just now and managed to cornered all 3 villains. However, after I killed the last villain  with one location still opened, the game didn't end. I was fortunate that I had enough turns left to close the final location and finish the scenario.

The winning conditions of the scenario only says I need to corner all 3 villains but it doesn't say I must close all locations. 

I am running the game on Nexus 6p running Android 7.1.1.

Edited by cheungie

Prior to the defeat of the final villain (the lich), there was another location which I temporarily closed. After I defeated the final villian, I was still forced to move. Luckily I had 6 turns left so I had plenty of time to close the final location to beat the scenario.