Quest level-up rewards inaccurate and unrewarding

Bledcyan

Question

Many of the rewards noted for leveling up in quest mode return garbage, and to make matters worse - the specific rewards often do not give the reward specified.

For example, divine spell is usually a "token of remembrance" , and most of the named blessing rewards do not seem to give the specific blessing named (eg getting spell refresh blessing for monk at lvl 38)

13 answers to this question

Yeah, something really screwy has been happening with reward card filters.  The devs were made aware a little while back.

For whatever reason, sometimes when you are promised a specific sort of card, it will give you one of the traits, and exclude the other.

That's how Lini's "Animal Ally" reward is pulling banes; the game is looking for Animal Not-Allies.  Whenever you get a card like that, you can just about guarantee that you're getting part of the reward description, and the exact opposite of the other part of the description.

If you wind up with a bane in your deck, just banish it next time you come across the Village House.  It isn't going to break the game having it, but other than discarding for damage, the card is useless.

Just out of curiosity... what card slot the card take when you end the scenario?

I can see how the reward is working strangely, but what I am really wondered is how the game allow the player keep the card when checking the card slots at the end of scenario.

For some reason banes can be counted as a boons when calcuting allies, items, spells, blessing. What card type the banes Are considered to be in this case?

Just out of curiosity... what card slot the card take when you end the scenario?

They don't take up any slot.  So far as I can tell, the game isn't currently checking if you have "illegal" cards in your character's deck.  It just validates the card types that are supposed to be there (boons).

If you have a lv 40 quest character with 19 "normal" cards, you could theoretically have a dozen or so Bunyips in your deck without the game noticing.  Your character would be pretty useless, but nearly immortal with a 30-40 card deck.

Another example: I just levelled Kyra from 18 to 20. Level 19 should give a Dogslicer +1, but instead I received a blessing of the gods... (lame!)

This may be a strange pair of questions, but how many of that card are in your vault, and how many were already in your party?  I had that happen with the level 9 Amulet of Fortitude, for which the answers were "1" and "1".

Another example: I just levelled Kyra from 18 to 20. Level 19 should give a Dogslicer +1, but instead I received a blessing of the gods... (lame!)

This may be a strange pair of questions, but how many of that card are in your vault, and how many were already in your party?  I had that happen with the level 9 Amulet of Fortitude, for which the answers were "1" and "1".

Probably 1 and 1, actually. However, the game doesn't seem to care in most other situations - why would it actually do the right thing here?!

Not a glitch like in the top of the thread, this behavior is more of an expected annoyance.

Even though the reward seems like it is "giving" you a specific card, it works using the same vault search mechanism.  For example, if the search for vault cards matching "Dogslicer +1" comes up empty (because you already have all copies), it will default to a BoTG.  

Quest rewards are bound by what is available in the vault, and shouldn't give you more of a card than you're supposed to naturally have in that vault.

This bug isn't all bad. I got a Sihedron Medallion and an Impaler of Thorns (both Loot type cards which normally don't appear in Quest Mode at all, AFAIK) out of it...

And now Seoni got a Wand of Enervation as the reward for achieving level 38 (supposed to be an "Arcane Spell") - Can we perhaps keep this bug in the game? I'm starting to love it!

Edited by Thyraxus

This bug isn't all bad. I got a Sihedron Medallion and an Impaler of Thorns (both Loot type cards which normally don't appear in Quest Mode at all, AFAIK) out of it...

And now Seoni got a Wand of Enervation as the reward for achieving level 38 (supposed to be an "Arcane Spell") - Can we perhaps keep this bug in the game? I'm starting to love it!

Aww.  Now you've done it!

Haven't you noticed how quickly the beneficial bugs get squashed?  Friend, you just condemned it to an imminent patch!   :p

• Like 1