Just saw that "Wael" is a old Arabic name. It is believed that it means "protector", "rescuer" or "he who seeks refugee"....

This is interesting

Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Hmm... I suppose you could consider Wael to be a protector and rescuer of mysteries and forbidden lore I guess. Might just be coincidence though, as Wael given how short Wael is.

That said, it is interesting as I've learnt something new.

I hope Wael is explored more in PoE2. I feel that there are some great possibilities for quests involving him and his clergy given his strange nature. He's probably not main quest material*, but a good length side quest would be cool.

*Well, I think he could be main quest material, but if he were it would probably have to be a Torment style weird quest. Nothing wrong whatsoever with Torment style weird quests, but I suspect PoE2 will stick to the more classic fantasy and let Torment: Tides of Numenara do the Torment style weird questery.

You know what would be awesome as a reward for the wael quest? An item (or maybe even talent?) that has a 15% chance (it something along that) to make normal loot hidden loot, but also a 20% chance to make hidden loot visible.

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows