Greetings,

I played the game to the end once (on hard), currently i'm playing a PotD party with an Bleak walker on a future party of 6, but i'm planning a future PotD run (preferable Triple Crown Solo), and so i studied some Rogue builds.

Evaluating the rogue abilities and talents i would like to suggest something that was already done with the barbarian abilities.

As Barbarians have the Brute Force ability, that make the character target the lesser defense of an enemy bettwen Deflection and Fortitude, i would like to suggest the following ability for a Rogue:

Improved Evasion (or any name that comes to mind):

Prerequisite: Adept Evasion.

By the select of this skill, the rogue become so aware of his surroundings that he become capable of evade attacks instead of block (deflection) them.

When this character suffer an incomming melee or ranged attack, use his/her reflex or deflection attribute, whichever is higher, for defense rolls.

So, what you ppl out there think of it?

Obs: By this suggestion, the talent would be only avaliable on level 8+.
Obs2: Adept Evasion should suffer an penalty, if this talent is taken, otherwise rogue would become the ultimate defensive class.

Edited by kamuizin
  • Like 1

I'm not sure... Yes, it would be an awesome talent, but it would also mean that a rouge can be build like a pure damage dealer but still do excellent as a tank. Con and Res could be completely dropped, as any other yer deflection talents, since a DD rouge usually has very high reflex and reflex can be upped using a shield and the talent. There would be absolutely no sacrifices in sturdyness when building a DD rouge. It would suddenly make a riposte-DD-rouge one of the best melee classes, since they could be build as pure DDs (besides one ability and two or three talents) and still tank. Might be a bit overpowered (although the rouge is currently not the best class, so maybe?).

Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Drop con would be easly, but to take advantage of speed the use of fast weapons with low Might would result in damage scalling low.

Anyway, for me, sneak attack and all these dps damage from rogue should be restricted to fast weapons, otherwise a penalty would be imposed to the skill.

Sneak attack should be: 50% when using fast weapons, +15% with any other.

Dirty Fight: Only work with fast weapons.

Whitering Strike: Only fast weapons.

Deathblows: 100% with fast weapons, 30% with any other.

Of course i'm suggesting here considerable changes, but i have the feeling that Rogue was kinda of wasted on PoE, and by the number of posts complaining in this forum, i believe i'm not alone in this.

+65% damage with heave is still something good, but not overpower in the level you get Deathblows.

Edited by kamuizin

The rouge needs his many high damage modifiers.... For example ciphers can do +40% damage on all hits anyway, when using only cipher talents. That is almost as high as the rouge's sneak attack, and it is not situational. And the cipher abilities are very powerful, so no I think if anything the rouge needs to be buffed. The whole fast weapon restriction is unnecessary and would make the (imo) weakest class simply even weaker.

And everybody knows

Sabres are easily kept in the game through dual wielding speed, or even through the +12 acc from one handed of you look at on crits. No need to worry there ;)

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows