Stable to play now?

I was an original KS backer and every time I started the game there were so many bugs I ended up shelving it. I always did want to play because I was a backer and thought it looked like a good time. So I want to ask, is the game "finally" stable and "safe" to play. I got time for 1 play through and I don't want to have to stop and start over like I did too many time when it came out.

Can I play or should I just permanently shelf it as a "loss"? Thanks for the advice.

Edited by AstroCat
  • Like 1

Home/Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA /Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 970 EVO x2, 850 PRO x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro

Good to hear, I look forward to finally playing it. :)

• Like 2

Home/Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA /Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 970 EVO x2, 850 PRO x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro

I'm currently on a new playthrough (after having been away from the game for some time), and apart from some weird companion AI behavior (not auto-levelling, healer not healing, etc.) I haven't found any major bugs. Enjoy! :)

Edited by Lythe Vodaine

FdSm3p1.png

Im in the same position as Astrocat, Ive been waiting since release to play because of to much bugs.

But im sad to say that the most annoying bug of all is still there

Look at this thread https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/90253-stutters-every-30-frame-time-spikes-every-30-seconds/

the game stutter at a perodic time each 40 sec or so even when your on pause and dont move.

can you guys tell me if you are experiencing this bug and if you play on windows 8.1, it would be nice :)

Im trying to find a solution to play this wonderful game without this irritating bug that ruin the game experience.

(excuse my english not my main language :p)

• Like 1

Hmmmm... so AI bugs and some kind of stutter bug... I have a 6700k and 1080 SC but I don't use Win 8,  use 10 and don't use SLI, just a single card. This is a bug I never saw before even when I played when it came out so I'm hopeful I don't see this one.

Edited by AstroCat

public static int number = 10;
int procChance = number;
Weapon unlaboredBlade = new Weapon("UnlaboredBlade", procChance);
int statModifier = number - 5;
Companion companion = new CustomCompanion(statModifier); 

Patch notes: "Lowered proc chance for Unlabored Blade",

changelog: public static int number = 2;
Edited by Fenixp

Hmmmm... so AI bugs and some kind of stutter bug... I have a 6700k and 1080 SC but I don't use Win 8, use 10 and don't use SLI, just a single card. This is a bug I never saw before even when I played when it came out so I'm hopeful I don't see this one.

Has extremely dedicated gaming rig

Plays PoE

Me too ^^

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Yeah I play all kinds of games on my system...Battlefiled 1 to Strategic Command WWII War in Europe to Witcher to Pillars... etc... Good times. :)

Still not sure if I should wait for another patch for PoE... is there even gonna be another one?

They are still rolling out patches but i think the game is in a good state. I just started playing a few weeks ago after leaving it alone for the same reasons as you mention on launch.

As the other posters are saying there are still some bugs (have not noticed them myself) but some bugs are new, so more patches doesn't mean less bugs because they are also adding stuff. On the whole I would say the game is pretty stable (no game-breaking bugs).