Quest Mode: wrong boon rewards

Thyraxus

Question

There is something wrong with the boon rewards for gaining levels in quest mode

Some examples I noticed while playing in the current game version (1.1.5.1) yesterday:

When Lini reached level 14, according to the advancement chart, she was supposed to get a "Divine Spell". What I got: "Sleep" - which has the Magic, Arcane, Attack, Mental and Basic traits. Nothing Divine about it at all.

At level 17, she was supposed to get an "Animal Ally". But she got a Soldier. Nope, definitely not an animal.

But at least those were the right type of boon. When Merisiel reached 17, she was supposed to get a Magic Weapon. What did she get? A Crown of Charisma! Granted, that thing is magic, and it is kind of pointy so you might be able to poke someone with it, but... no, just wrong.

2 answers to this question

And it keeps going on:

Amiri, level 14 - supposed to get a Light Armor and receives: a Magic Half Plate, which is about as heavy as it gets

Kyra, level 14 - supposed to get a Divine Spell and receives: Invisibility - a purely arcane spell

But it gets even weirder:

Lini, level 24 - supposed to get an Animal Ally and receives: a Rat Swarm (a monster card)! I couldn't add it to my deck though (it was just gone after progressing to the deck rebuilding step). I even made a screenshot of that, because I couldn't believe my eyes (but I can't figure out how to attach it to this message). Well, at least it's actually an animal this time, so - points for effort, maybe?

• Like 1

Lini, level 24 - supposed to get an Animal Ally and receives: a Rat Swarm (a monster card)! I couldn't add it to my deck though

The rat swarm is indeed in Lini's deck.  It has no use other than discarding for damage or banishing to close a location like the Village House.  Best advice for now is to banish it out of her deck if you get a chance.

As for everything else, its been reported to the devs earlier.  It's certainly a funny bug...