Bug: Lini has to bury animal companion at the Farmhouse

Thyraxus

Question

The "At this Location" text for the Farmhouse says: "When an ally would be discarded, it is buried instead."

But Lini's "Wild Empathy" power says "When you play an ally with the Animal trait, you may recharge it instead of discarding."

However, when playing an animal ally at the Farmhouse, it ends up being buried, without a chance to recharge it - but you should have the choice to "recharge or discard" before the Farmhouse rule applies. Until you make your choice whether to discard or to recharge, what happens to the card isn't even determined yet, so the "when an ally would be discarded" condition can not be triggered until this is resolved.

I have no idea how this fix made it so I can now recharge Meri's blessings on *every* check, not just Dexterity, but I'd rather they don't fix it and I self-police myself to discard them on non-Dex checks, rather than go back to banishing my blessings... :)

I'm with you on that... I'll admit that I don't self-police myself with Meri considering that my Seelah don't get to recharge/shuffle her Blessings of Iomedae (I find it a suitable trade off).

Here's one for you: why are you punished for succeeding a check, on automatic recharges and the like? I forget the example, but there is one location where you must recharge a card every time you succeed a check. When Seoni automatically recharges a spell, or Kyra automatically recharges a blessing, it counts as a successful check and forces the player to recharge a card.

This seems like another instance of the same failure in coding. And yes, the card is recharged INSTEAD of discarded. In these cases, rules for discards never take effect. The wording matters. If the description is "automatically succeed a check to recharge" then that's completely different than "recharge instead of discarding."

Here's one for you: why are you punished for succeeding a check, on automatic recharges and the like? I forget the example, but there is one location where you must recharge a card every time you succeed a check. When Seoni automatically recharges a spell, or Kyra automatically recharges a blessing, it counts as a successful check and forces the player to recharge a card.

Yeah.  This has come up before.  It seems very likely that the game handles some "automatic recharges" as regular recharges with a successful NULL check.   :shrugz:

Well, Seoni is actually succeeding at a check. Her power says "You automatically succeed at your check to recharge a spell with the Arcane trait." So, even though she isn't rolling dice, she is attempting a check and she is succeeding at it. It isn't "You may recharge any card you play with the Arcane trait."

Kyra with blessing though, that isn't a check and shouldn't be treated as such.

• Like 2