Succubus bug - can bury cards from Emerald Codex

srdclark

Question

iPad 3, iOS 9.3.5.

Just battled a Succubus at Thassilonian Dungeon in 5.1.  Normal difficulty, party of Seoni, Harsk and Seelah.  Seoni encountered The Scribbler; the Succubus was the random spawn.

Seoni was making her check and had an open Emerald Codex.  She failed the check and was instructed by the card to "bury your whole hand".  The game interpreted that as forcing "Bury 6".  I was able to avoid burying my whole hand, by burying a card from the Emerald Codex instead.  Each card buried from the Codex decremented the Bury counter, which allowed me to keep the Disintegrate in my hand, and in turn allowed me to win the scenario.

I don't think this is the intended interaction between Succubus and Emerald Codex?

On a similar topic:  When The Scribbler reads "each character encounters a random monster" is that correctly interpreted as "a random monster is summoned and each character fights that same monster"?  I would have interpreted as "each character independently summons a random monster".

5 answers to this question

On a similar topic:  When The Scribbler reads "each character encounters a random monster" is that correctly interpreted as "a random monster is summoned and each character fights that same monster"?  I would have interpreted as "each character independently summons a random monster".

Your interpretation is correct. There haven't been a dev response to indicate if that's a bug, or if this is an intended change for the app.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

You guys are correct this is indeed a bug. Cards from the Emerald Codex should not count as cards in your hand.

​This is on the list of things ot get fixed, but as it really doesn't negativae effects YET, its bumped down on the list for now.

Good catch though!