Stutters every 30 / Frame-Time spikes every 30 seconds

FusionMegaX

Question

I'm experiencing periodic microstutters on 2 systems I have. They are a 980Ti SLI / 6700K and a laptop with a 1080.

They are best described as rhythmic / periodic stutters every 32 seconds on both my systems playing with any setting:

vsync On/Off , Gsync On/Off , Graphics Low/High, 120Hz/60Hz, FrameCap On/ FrameCap Off

The stutters are so annoying gave up playing because I start anticipating them on both my systems which is a real shame.

​I have seen other posts with this same behavior. I timed the stutters with a watch and they occur every 32 seconds.

​I do hope Obsidian sees my post and addresses this issue that is plaguing many users.

​If anyone/Obsidian Devs needs any more information about this problem I will be glad to provide it.

• Like 2

7 answers to this question

I have the exact same Issue on both my pc and laptop (pc: i5 4690 r9 280 laptop: 17 gtx 660m both on window 8.1 )

This is REALLLY annoying and i have difficulty to keep going cause I expect the stutter everytime and it really kills the immersion.

This is really easy to see with msi afterburn monitoring tool, look at this https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2WfCW7P78OkaXpheHpNV25tTkE

you can see a drop in fps at a regular interval, the fps drop to 54 fps during 1 frame and go back up to 60 every 38 seconds.

Like the user Nub i have tried every possible solution i can think of wihtout any change in behavior.

I really hope a developper can tell me a way to fix that , im really curious to know what cause this and i would be really happy to experience this wonderful game without this irritating problem.

Hey Tero, FusionMegax, are you guys on windows 8.1 ?

Edited by truths33ker

Well I think it's easier to freeze hell, to bugsidian people fix this problem, which is present since the game's exit.

They already took out all the money they had to get this title, and taking into account that this Tyranny and PoE 2. So we resign ourselves to play with bugs and bad programming or we do not play.

I have the exact same Issue on both my pc and laptop (pc: i5 4690 r9 280 laptop: 17 gtx 660m both on window 8.1 )

This is REALLLY annoying and i have difficulty to keep going cause I expect the stutter everytime and it really kills the immersion.

This is really easy to see with msi afterburn monitoring tool, look at this https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2WfCW7P78OkaXpheHpNV25tTkE

you can see a drop in fps at a regular interval, the fps drop to 54 fps during 1 frame and go back up to 60 every 38 seconds.

Like the user Nub i have tried every possible solution i can think of wihtout any change in behavior.

I really hope a developper can tell me a way to fix that , im really curious to know what cause this and i would be really happy to experience this wonderful game without this irritating problem.

Hey Tero, FusionMegax, are you guys on windows 8.1 ?

Nice to see more replies in this thread.

I'm using Windows 7 / 64 bit and gtx 970. This happens on my laptop too and yet i have not found any solution to it. Tried forcing different settings from my gpu drivers, vsync, gsync on / off. I went far as switching back to my old 60hz 1080p tft monitor which has no G-SYNC but nothing seems to work.

If any Obsidian dev is reading this. Please look into it.