Party can't choose feats at level up in Quest mode

Jaesun

Question

My party finally was able to level up and choose feats, but I can only choose feats for a few of them then the feat screen locks up. I can however escape to the main page, clicking on the gear icon. I tried completely restarting the app, but it will still lock up. Is there any other information I could provide?

Quest mode is not official Paizo game, so it is something extra that developers think would be neat to have. They have a Great plans for it, but we can not blame them if They remove from the game something that does not belong to it originally.

That said, I Also personally like quest mode more than Story mode IMHO. But leaving it of does not take away the original game that was the goal of this project.

Hopefully They will release the quest mode later as a separate game, if it get hacked off this time. I would buy it without hesitation!

Yes, this is a known issue in quest mode. The Devs mentioned they have worked on a fix but wasn't able to add it into the last patch.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Hmm, they mentioned that they were working on a fix for this, however, in the bug fixes. I hope this doesn't mean they'd totally abandon it.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The short version is there was a fix not tested before the last patch, but also Obsidian is not currently actively supporting quest mode at least until story mode is complete and fixed.

Same problem here though my characters get card feats instead of power feats ... also this happened for 4 out of 6 characters in the party : valeros,ezren,kyra,seoni are maxed out on their card feats when on the other hand lem and harsk did not max out although got some of the same " benefit " until 2-3 lvls ago ( current party members are all 18 , lem and harsk stopped getting multiple card feats at level 14-16 - i cannot remember exaclty when - ) .

Unfortunately, this is a known issue and breaks Quest Mode. Every level gain after ten, Characters incorrectly gain a Card Feat, which maxes out their Card Feats way too quickly and breaks character progression. The devs have stated that Quest Mode has been put on the back burner for the foreseeable future (and may be eliminated completely). Personally, I am incredibly disappointed in this development. I purchased the bundle on day one and have put hundreds of hours into the game, the vast majority in Quest Mode. As someone said earlier, "I came for Story Mode, but stayed for Quest Mode." If Obsidian at least fixed the Card Feat issue for Quest Mode and did nothing else for that mode, I could live with that. At one point in development for Pathfinder Adventures, the devs had big plans for Quest Mode. I really hope they revisit those plans once they iron out the more pressing issues. Sorry for rambling, but I love this game and Quest Mode in particular.