Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Party can't choose feats at level up in Quest mode

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

ZHB

ZHB

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
Earlier mentioned awarding more card feats than can be selected in quest mode is still unsolved. I still have 1 more card feat that cannot be allocated. The feat allocation screen freezes and is unable to continue. Please help

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2313 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
✓  Best Answer
Quets mode is currently on hold and does not get bug fixes.
Read this announcement
https://forums.obsid...res-whats-next/

The dev will come back to quest mode maybe later when story mode is well and running.

keru3013

keru3013

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

Hi. my ID  is "bigbr3013 #9977" in Pathfinder Adventure game.

I enjoy playing PA, especially Quest mode, where I can grind for days.

However, for some reason, it is broken right now.

Every time I complete quest, I am rewarded with "Tier 1 Card" and "Tier 2 card" bonus.

Yes. Every time. Multiple time.

Right now my deck size is over 20 for two of my characters.

I am pretty sure this is bug, since I should have only those "card" rewards once, not multiple time.

What should I do?

Strawpaladin

Strawpaladin

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
I am playing Kyra in quest mode. Along the way, for whatever reason I keep getting the reward card feat-tier 1 unlocked almost every adventure. This makes my merisel sad as she never gets it, but my kyra has every card unlock in tier 1 at level 15. This was great until I yet again got another card unlock and it will not let me proceed because it thinks I have to select something but I can't! Please help?
  • Jaesun, Nenoch, Uggobuster and 2 others like this

Spadsta

Spadsta

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 12 posts
Great. The reason I spent money on this game may end up abandoned.
  • Fcknuckle67 and Gethseme like this

nsr

nsr

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 175 posts

Quets mode is currently on hold and does not get bug fixes.

That is actually incorrect information from what I can tell. Based on this post:
https://forums.obsid...mode/?p=1868251

The fix for this was not done/tested in time for the hotfix. Of course this doesn't mean that your guess is wrong, maybe it didn't get fixed in time because all quest mode bugs get dropped to very very low priority. But the dev blog just mentions that quest mode content will not be added for a while. Quest mode bugs will hopefully still be looked at, until maybe they decide which direction quest mode should go.

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2313 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Yep The dev may make updates and fixes Also to quest mode, but story mode in in priority at this moment. There is no new content to quest mode after ad4, but there has been some bug fixes.

Hopefully They can continue with the quest mode after story mode is up and running. I Also like quest mode a lot! And as it has been said in the link above. They have not yet gives up the quest mode, They just not have enough manpower to fix bot story and quest mode at the same time. So the Main game aka story mode has taken priority. But the dev have an interest in the quest mode too, so there come fixes in there too, but not at the same speed as to the story mode.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV, 23 December 2016 - 08:32 PM.

Drop3422

Drop3422

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
Anyone found a fix for being stuck and not able to advance past "levelling up" yet? I've now been stopped from playing both modes due to bugs.

Uggobuster

Uggobuster

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

Exact same issue here, Kyra kept getting card feat unlocks and by the time I realized it was weird I had all her card unlocks and cannot play quest mode anymore since I can't get past the post game screen. Please send help. (Playing on Iphone)

• LwwB12 and LulaRamone like this

Ithinkiam

Ithinkiam

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 10 posts
I m having this same problem with my level 40 characters in quest mode. Keeps giving me multiple card feats after a victory. Now my card feats are all filled up, I can't choose anymore, and I am stuck and can't leave the level up screen and his cannot use quest mode. Second time a bug has locked me up in quest mode recently.

Dogmatique

Dogmatique

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Steam:Dogmatik

I am having this issue with a lot of characters.  My party of 6 is lvl 30+ and now they are unusable.

Jaesun

Jaesun

Fabulous Paladin of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1979 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I unfortunately brought an old level 40 party into quest mode, and now this is happening to me as well. I now cant get out of the level up quest mode. Is there any way to delete the file? Or anything? (Playing on an iPhone).

I just cannot play quest mode at all. :/

Edited by Jaesun, 25 December 2016 - 12:02 PM.

Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1607 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I unfortunately brought an old level 40 party into quest mode, and now this is happening to me as well. I now cant get out of the level up quest mode. Is there any way to delete the file? Or anything? (Playing on an iPhone).

I just cannot play quest mode at all. :/

The only way to delete a quest save in iOS is to delete the app and reinstall.  It's a bit of a leap of faith that all your stuff will sync back, but that should do the trick.  Characters get saved to the cloud after the feat selection screen, so if that is where you're stuck, there's a pretty good chance you'll get reverted back to before that scenario.

To anyone on android, if they are comfortable digging around their file system, deleting the "slot99" folder can do the same thing.

• Jaesun likes this

Jaesun

Jaesun

• Members
  • 1979 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Thank you! I shall give that a try.

That worked for me on iOS! Thank you for the tip!!

Edited by Jaesun, 25 December 2016 - 02:51 PM.

Ithinkiam

Ithinkiam

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 10 posts
Thank you, I was able to get unstuck from the level up screen by deleting that file. However, in quest mode my characters are still getting extra feat powers. If I play in quest mode, my characters will eventually get stuck with to many cards powers chosen. Correct?

Strawpaladin

Strawpaladin

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
I have to admit I'm not really into the delete the game to fix the issue trick. Let's have a permanent fix for this issue because as was said... it's very likely to continue happening even if this temparily works.

LulaRamone

LulaRamone

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

I've got the same trouble with a couple of chars.

I was really getting into this game and this happens.

Have the Devs seen this? Any word from them?

Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1607 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Thank you, I was able to get unstuck from the level up screen by deleting that file. However, in quest mode my characters are still getting extra feat powers. If I play in quest mode, my characters will eventually get stuck with to many cards powers chosen. Correct?

Pretty much, yeah.  Hopefully there's a fix in the works, because even if you unstuck your game for now, you're just going to run into it again.

I have to admit I'm not really into the delete the game to fix the issue trick. Let's have a permanent fix for this issue because as was said... it's very likely to continue happening even if this temparily works.

Very true.  For iOS, deleting the game feels drastic, but may be the only method to wipe out some save files because there's no easy way to do so like in Android.  It is a bit of a last-resort fix, but iOS users unfortunately have a really small toolbox when you need to find ways to troubleshoot.

HPL_fan

HPL_fan

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 106 posts
Deleting the slot99 folder doesn't work. I did that and it reset quest mode. After i played again I was back in the same place.

Jaesun

Jaesun

• Members
  • 1979 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Apparently, once you make it to level 20 in Quest Mode, even starting with an all new party (to level 20) you no longer can continue (you can't level up, the options are missing, and it will be stuck there). :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users