A Wild Bundle Appears! (Blessed Bundle of Unity)

This is not a bad deal, but it is not that exciting IMO.  For $20, I think I'd rather get 50 treasure chests rather than 40 treasure+dice+4 legendary blessings.  

Exactly what I think. A "Limited Offer" kinda must beat 'normal' offers hands down - and with this one we trade 10 chests (potentially 40 cards/dice) for 4 cards and one die (even if they are all Legendary).

A 5 to 40 rating it's not 'hands down' on my book. I really want to support this game, but for 20 bucks, I think I'll pass on this one...

Better luck next time!

Mauricio

PS: Can anyone tell me if this dice set is exclusive? Opening the dice menu always makes my game crash...

Edited by MauGibrin
  • Like 1

PS: Can anyone tell me if this dice set is exclusive? Opening the dice menu always makes my game crash...

Emerald Fog is a Rare dice set that should be available in chests.

I'm not going to comment on the overall value of the bundle... but if you are interested in the neato blessings and have the money to spare, it is statistically the easiest way to acquire them.  If you were to open 50 chests, you'd maybe get one of the Unity Blessings.  If you buy the bundle, you get all four and still have 40 chests left over.

• Like 1

I'm not going to comment on the overall value of the bundle... but if you are interested in the neato blessings and have the money to spare, it is statistically the easiest way to acquire them.  If you were to open 50 chests, you'd maybe get one of the Unity Blessings.  If you buy the bundle, you get all four and still have 40 chests left over.

Many thanks on the info! :)

I am well aware that they are offering a 'shortcut' into acquiring these four blessings. If I had an almost full collection of cards and still had two or three of those missing, I'd consider purchasing this bundle. But with so many holes in my collection, I think that acquiring 35 extra cards it's not such a bad deal, specially considering I can buy them anytime in the future (and, who knows, maybe benefit from an eventual 'sale' of chests)...

Cheers!

Mauricio

Edited by MauGibrin

This is it for me. I'm Mauricio's 'nearly full set' owner - I get maybe one chest in 10 that has something I don't have already (so I don't bother buying them any more tbh) and I have none of the items in this bundle. I'd like all the things in it, and to get them through the normal channels is statistically likely to cost me a lot more than $20. Plus there's a chance I might fill in the odd gap in the rest of my collection.

Plus every time I buy one of these I feel we get closer to Mummy's Mask/Skull and Shackles/Class Decks, and that's important to me.

• Like 1

The whole point of these kinds of games is that the first "fix" is relatively cheap and then you "suck the blood out of your wictim" ;)

But compared to the price of the game, yep this is not so good deal. Compared to normal big Bag of gold, this is reasonable. A Little bit better IMHO because I allready have a guite a lot chests, but very few legendary rewards.

I guess I can't really blame them for the price.  If they continually had specials that were a significantly better value than what you could normally get, no one would ever purchase gold or treasure at the regular rates.  They'd just wait for the next sale.

If they were selling lots of gold and treasure, they would have no need for specials. The fact that there are specials every month, for me, it's a sign that things are not so well...

But who could blame the players? To buy gold is an awfully bad deal, and chests are better only if you buy 50 of them. And if a special is only marginally better than chests, how can they expect it to sell?

US$ 25 makes a very expensive tablet game. The company should be happy to have that kind of money from each of its players. Buy if you decide not to pay for that and use the money on specials instead, you would be doing a bad deal. In my opinion, they should sweeten the specials to make them at least close to the benefits of the full price tag...

Cheers!

Mauricio

PS: And they should also consider giving players reasons to buy the full package after he/she already unlocked some characters/campaigns with gold. We should at least be able to retrieve the gold we have already spent, but the way it is now, old players are decouraged to pay the 25 bucks if they regret not doing so earlier...

• Like 1

I guess I can't really blame them for the price.  If they continually had specials that were a significantly better value than what you could normally get, no one would ever purchase gold or treasure at the regular rates.  They'd just wait for the next sale.

If they were selling lots of gold and treasure, they would have no need for specials. The fact that there are specials every month, for me, it's a sign that things are not so well...

But who could blame the players? To buy gold is an awfully bad deal, and chests are better only if you buy 50 of them. And if a special is only marginally better than chests, how can they expect it to sell?

US$ 25 makes a very expensive tablet game. The company should be happy to have that kind of money from each of its players. Buy if you decide not to pay for that and use the money on specials instead, you would be doing a bad deal. In my opinion, they should sweeten the specials to make them at least close to the benefits of the full price tag...

Cheers!

Mauricio

PS: And they should also consider giving players reasons to buy the full package after he/she already unlocked some characters/campaigns with gold. We should at least be able to retrieve the gold we have already spent, but the way it is now, old players are decouraged to pay the 25 bucks if they regret not doing so earlier...

Loads of successful mobile games have time-limited specials to drive buys. It's neither a good nor a bad sign. It's just business as usual.

• Like 3

Chest count: 136

As the product is still in extended beta and because I invest a significant amount of my time outside playing the game in bug reporting, etc. I will not spend a single penny of real currency on any content for the game. Sure, fancy stuff is nice, but I'd rather have an essentially bug free game. If OBS need the revenue from these packs to fund/justify development of the game, I get that, but until the product is of commercial quality I don't think it's worth supporting commercially (i.e. with money).

• Like 2

As the product is still in extended beta .

The physical version of RotR is still getting errata. Under Jorgenfist got an amend last month, over three years after release. it got errata at a fierce rate for ages.

Still "in extended beta" three years on, I guess. But people didn't see it that way for the physical product, despite it costing a lot more and not being patchable. Perhaps expectations of the board game are too low.

This is a complex implementation of a complex game that's still evolving. The interactions of so many cards with so many conditions with the interpretations and expectations of so many users on such a wide range of devices - where the intermediation of the kind of on-the-fly judgements people can do at the table are simply not available - makes this extremely tough.

The game works for me, it does what I expect it to do and it's fun. Occasionally Ezren's extended spell book or the Emerald Codex means I have to make a VRT, but that's an inconvenience (which I'd like fixed!).

I play betas. This isn't a beta.

• Like 4

The difference is that the physical game didn't do things like force you to abandon the game you'd been spending an hour on so far. Neither did you have to decide whether to throw away your current progress in the campaign or wait around for a week hoping that Paizo would turn up and fix your game for you. I could go on for a very long time in this vein. Sure, there *are* advantages to the digital version, but I suspect that you've seen the volume of bugs that I've personally posted and I'm just a minor contributor to the forums, while there are errata for the physical game these are mainly card errata - a whole different category of error to the digital game's broken game logic.

As for "the game does what I expect it to", man you have low expectations! Personally, it's the fact that the game repeatedly *fails* to do what I expect it to that makes me cross. (Fails to heal when I banish a Potion of Healing, transfers a card from Seoni to Lini, scraps all the bonuses played on a check without returning the discarded cards, again, I could continue in this vein for some time)

Nevertheless, I like the game - I wouldn't invest so much time in it if I didn't - and my frustrations are born out of my like and my desire for it to be so much *more*. If we all pretend that it's fine and fail to highlight the issues, going along with the expected wave of positivity, what incentive will OBS to get it all sorted?

Edited by mccrispy

I think that you and Cris_R Are not far a way in your opinions. Cris_R talk about the thing that the original game is so complex that there still Are contradicts and things that don't go smoothly in all situations.

You say that human players can improvice and make own rules while They Are plaing the game, even if the rules Are not correct or if rules Are not clear... Computer can not... and it is very hard to program Computer to do same thing differently in situation where rules does not work correctly.

Some big bugs in app vs tabletop

"I can not proceed because. Have no place for new powers"

Tabletop. Add the role card or replay the scenario that is needed to get role card

Computer: error, does not compute...

"The healing power does not correctly"

Tabletop. Gush I did not remember use the mass cure healin power correctly... Lets drink less whiskey and try to remember to use it next time.

Computer: (after some mysterious owerflow bug/problem) First: play mass cure. Cure 1d4+1 and the one from caster. Next: play mass cure. Cure nul and nul from caster.

It would be much easier to remove all cards and effect that Are hard to code from the app. There would be much less bugs, and much less problems in anyway. But it would not be pathfinder adventures any more...

So we have to continue, like mccrispy to hunt down the bugs and hope that devs can destroy them as fast as we find more of them from the game. So far the situation is: Community 7, Dev Team 3...

Hopefully eventually the situation will be much tighter ;)

At this moment we find them faster that They can fix them.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

The difference is that the physical game didn't do things like force you to abandon the game you'd been spending an hour on so far. Neither did you have to dice whether to throw away your current progress in the campaign or wait around for a week hoping that Paizo would turn up and fix your game for you. I could go on for a very long time in this vein. Sure, there *are* advantages to the digital version, but I suspect that you've seen the volume of bugs that I've personally posted and I'm just a minor contributor to the forums, while there are errata for the physical game these are mainly card errata - a whole different category of error to the digital game's broken game logic.

I think we're all grateful for the work you and the other bughunters (Longshot11 is a machine!) do on our behalf - but not sure I agree with you about the physical game. I think many of us vets have stories about getting through significant parts of the game before realising that something we'd been doing or houseruled had been errata'd away as something else.

This can be frustrating and I think it's less of an issue than it could be simply because Paizo and Lone Shark's customer service is excellent and Vic Wertz and Mike Selinker are especially good at community interaction.

There's interesting psychology here, I think.

As to my 'low expectations' - I guess my years of online interaction have taught me that either I have low expectations or I'm a lot more relaxed about a lot of this stuff than many people!

I'm middle-aged, I have kids, I have a demanding job that requires an awful lot of interaction with people from all walks of life. If I find a thing I enjoy I tend to stick with it whatever its flaws. This game doesn't work perfectly - I don't think it ever will (I'm not sure it *can* ever be 'perfect') - and I'd like it to work better. But I think it works well enough.

Do appreciate what you're doing to try to improve it though mccrispy. More power to you.

• Like 2