What are you playing right now

Gorth

Start of old thread
End of old thread

While waiting for Tyranny to download, we had a go at HM Master & Blaster in Swtor. That smug taunt of Blasters after each wipe is seriously getting on my nerves now ;)

We were trying a new tactic for phase 1 to see if we could work around the random nature of it in a more predictable way. I.e. a routine that would allow us to consistently reach phase 2. Our poor Juggernaut tank was probably going insane first from gettng the timing right for such a long period of time and later from boredom when he got a bit of alacrity so it wasn't millisecond timing anymore :lol:

(using the ability to lower cooldown on force jump when attacked and immunity to knockbacks after force jump means he can jump the boss, ignore the knockback, walk backwards and jump him again, rinse and repeat for much of the encounter).

We got phase 1 pretty much perfected so we can do it consistently, but sadly didn't get much time for me to practise dealing with Master in phase 2. Ah well, next time we'll get to phase 2 much faster and consistently. With the phase 1 method above, not much need for hydraulic overrides anyway, so I'm going to focus on gearing up my old assassin to deal with Master.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm playing the Special Edition of Skyrim and I'm actually enjoying myself again! I have no idea why since the last time I played it I was all Skyrimmed out.

• Like 4

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Finished up all the quests around Novac and Repconn.  Was intending to keep the peace with the nightkin but I accidentally murdered them all on autopilot, I was even surprised when Davison turned hostile  :lol:

I also helped Chris sabotage the rocket, always been meaning to try that path and watch the zealots burn.

I'm playing the Special Edition of Skyrim and I'm actually enjoying myself again! I have no idea why since the last time I played it I was all Skyrimmed out.

Hope I feel the same way but after 900 hours of standard edition I doubt it...still, there's quite a lot of stuff I've only ever done once so no doubt I'll go special edition at some point.

Act of War Direct Action....it's C&C Generals, but with an even more corny FOX drama like plot.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If i remember right, they completely reworked the gameplay mechanics after release, because people wanted it to be like Generals or something and didnt stop complaining.

Me personally, i never liked the unit rooster of the three factions. I dont remember exactly what i would have changed, but at least moving the Terminator to the Cartell was one of the things.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I have finished last week all of the Battle Challenge Titles in Tales of Xillia 2 and got the Gold Trophy for it. During that, I was able to get few more Battle Titles for Milla, Luther and Gaius. I have finaly enough grade to restart the game with everything carried over, which I spent lot of time to craft/farm/whatever. Game is 60% complete now.

Instead of restarting the game, I went to my favourite retailer on Friday and purchased PS4 Pro. I have immediately installed my 8 games, which I have purchased last 2 years (without owning PS4 :-P ) and started blind walkthrough of Tales of Zestiria.

The game has compared to my previous Tales of... titles much slower pace at the beginning, but I am still enjoying the story and playability of the title. It looks like mix of some previous titles with a lot of added new features and to me it is the most complex/complicated game from Tales of... series.

On Mamoo's scale of awesomeness it deserves at the moment 7.5/10, mostly because of the slower pace of the game in the first 10 hours :-). My favourite game of the series is still Tales of Graces f.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

If i remember right, they completely reworked the gameplay mechanics after release, because people wanted it to be like Generals or something and didnt stop complaining.

Me personally, i never liked the unit rooster of the three factions. I dont remember exactly what i would have changed, but at least moving the Terminator to the Cartell was one of the things.

Interesting. Find it funny I never noticed it when it came out. Must have been busy with school (I hope)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Almost done with my second playthrough of Tyranny. Going to wait for more patches or whatever until I do a third so not sure what I'm going to play in between since the next SWTOR "expansion" doesn't come out until the end of the month. Maybe I'll finally get around to TWitcher 3 but the second game turned me off of the series so much that it's going to take a miracle to get me to finally install it

So probably more CK2 and Stellaris

Free games updated 3/4/21

What the hey, man? You just started your second playthrough. I'm about 12 hours in and only unlocked my second tower.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

My problem is that there are very few games I'm interested in. These isometric party based RPGs (Tyranny and PoE) are right up my alley but it's a really narrow alley

38509996.jpg

So when a game comes out that I actually like I tend to play the hell out of it

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 8

Free games updated 3/4/21

I saw the picture first, and without reading the actual post I imagined that that was an alley near Shady's house, and his windows are on the left wall, with grating, so he doesn't see sunlight sitting in his "prison", and games are his only escape - such a tragic story

Edited by sorophx
  • Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Dishonored 2. So I got the opportunity to try the game out via family sharing and after playing it for 3 hours, I bought it instantly.

Now, before I start hyping it up, a disclaimer: On one hand, I'm playing on a computer below recommended specs, and my CPU doesn't even meet the minimal requirement so it shouldn't come as a surprise (i5 2400 CPU, GTX 970 GPU, 8 gigs of RAM, no SSD) that the game doesn't perform great, but it doesn't perform great, especially since I'm playing on high preset. Well, to be more accurate - some locations can dip my framerate down to 30. My average framerate, however, was hovering somewhere around 50FPS. YMMV. Regardless, I am certainly getting framerate issues and while Arkane is supposed to be working on a patch, it's not been released yet.

With that out of the way, if Dishonored 2 keeps up with the quality set by its tutorial and first levels, it's going to become my late GOTY of 2016. It's brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. It builds up on its predecessor and adds in areas that people disliked about it - so, for instance, you can refuse the special powers offered by the Outsider and play without them, including blink. The game has been designed and optimized around this option in mind.

If you choose to accept these powers, Dishonored 2 extends the skill tree available in Dishonored 1 for Corvo and unlocks a brand new one for Emily. At the start of the game you are essentially choosing a class and this'll make replays even better.

Then, a lot of people disliked that Dishonored didn't offer enough ways of non-violently taking down opponents. While this issue was already fixed in Knife of Dunwall, Dishonored 2 takes all of these improvements and adds some of its own, like neurotoxin darts which'll make inflicted person forget ever seeing you (who cares about brain damage, at least you'll remain a ghost, right?) Oh and guards had their eyes checked out, so now they actually have peripherral vision. They still suck at looking up tho.

What people tended to like about the original on the other hand was level design - and boy, did Arkane deliver. The first level offers insane amount of various paths and means of approaching it, and all of them feel incredibly natural. You'll be going from sewers to apartments infected by bloodflies to rooftops to exploring office buildings, all of this entirely seemless and open-ended. Good news is tho that open world is not something the game does - it's still just open-ended maps with astounding amounts of details put into them.

And boy, are they detailed. I have posted some pictures over yonder, but they don't even begin to comprehend the insane amounts of detail put into the game. Just about each and every apartment or building that you enter has its own feel to it, its own ambiance and often little stories told either using environments or notes you can find lying about. I don't think I need to mention the sheer amount of talent which went into the game's art direction, it should be readily apparent.

Sadly, the game still retains some issues from the original - namely, it's short if you just fight through it, and fighting through it is still a viable strategy if you don't care about ghost or non-lethal playthroughs. Even without powers, you're master swordsman who can take on 2, 3 opponents at once. While the combat can be challenging on higher difficulties, especially with enemies using firearms, it's not been made a playstyle that the game would actively discourage from and while gaining powers, you're going to become super-powerful again. Oh well.

• Like 2

Will wait for sale on Dishonored 2, well and patching. I remembered I still have to finish Tropico 5 so will shift to that, though not very fun

What I'm trying to decide about Dishonored2 is just whether to class it as tricky, or twisted to technically offer up a way to bypass a couple of hours of gameplay by letting you as the player solve a riddle. Said riddle randomises each playthrough, so you  can't just look up the answer. But solving the riddle is basically an extended logic grid that'll take most people an hour of hard brain work as it is....

I shall chuckle to myself over the studio putting that one in.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

What I'm trying to decide about Dishonored2 is just whether to class it as tricky, or twisted to technically offer up a way to bypass a couple of hours of gameplay by letting you as the player solve a riddle. Said riddle randomises each playthrough, so you  can't just look up the answer. But solving the riddle is basically an extended logic grid that'll take most people an hour of hard brain work as it is....

Clever's what it is. Due Sex: Manbeard Divided allowed you to skip an entire level too - by pressing buttons a few times and getting an achievement for it.

Still plugging away at hm master and blaster in Swtor. Now practicing phase 2 and making it to second rain of pain. Need to work a bit on positioning there and then we should be ready for the last "burn" phase. Sheesh those mocking taunts from master are getting annoying ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein