What are you playing right now

Gorth

Finished a Disfavored playthrough on Tyranny. Going to try a Rebel playthrough then a Scarlet Chorus one. I hope it gets a sequel/expansion, because ending it the way it did needs it.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Ultimate General: Civil War. Got it from Steam on some sale, still in early access but there's already loads of battles to be fought. Really enjoying the game so far.

If I may ask is that the English or Colonial Civil War? I've always wanted to play/face off against the Man of Blood, Prince Rupert, Cromwell, Fairfax, the NMA etcetera. Not to say that the American conflict was uninteresting, far from it, but I feel that our internal conflict is rather overlooked.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Nope. Can't do it. Even with True Concealment mod, whenever a timer pops up (so... Always), I lose all my motivation to play XCOM2. It's not even that they'd be particularly difficult to manage, they just irritate me to no end - I enjoy coming up with overly-elaborate plans and then executing them as opposed to being efficient. Efficient's boring. So I suppose I'll download the mod to disable timers altogether and give up on the game when the first story mission with a timer comes up. *sigh* Now I'm sorry I can't refund the game to get my 12 bucks back, hope the rest of the bundle'll be worth it.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

Doing my annual replay of BGT, this time without a lot of random mods from BWP. Hopefully don't burn out midway through ToB.

I am thinking of doing a replay of the Mass Effect series.

Even 3? Ending drama aside, I found it to be the least enjoyable.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Doing my annual replay of BGT, this time without a lot of random mods from BWP. Hopefully don't burn out midway through ToB.

Not sure, but I agree, that was the least enjoyable Mass Effect with its stupid drop-in drop-out side-quests.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

And Final Fantasy VI is complete. A more fulfilling title than XV was, for sure.

The villain's development in the second half feels similarly lackluster, but it has a greater focus on the party's stories at that point so they make up for it.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Mostly Fallout 4. And really, the game' s not very good when compared to its direct predecessors (by which I mean Fallout 3/NV). All the different parts of the game just don't seem to work well together at all.

But I could probably see past those issues if it weren't for the excessively long loading times (the game doesn't exactly look good enough to justify those...from what I read textures are just badly compressed) and the inconsistent mess that is the UI (then again, game UI's apparently just need to be pretty, not functional...). Going to try to fix the loading times, not sure if I can fix the UI though since f4se seems to disable achievements (and breaks the mods that re-enable them for me), assuming someone already made a mod to fix the UI to begin with.

You clearly need some nice adult mod to spice up the game  :yes:

Given the loading times I might be better off getting my adult entertainment elsewhere... ;-)

So yeah, Fallout 4's on the backburner for now (still, took me 44hours before I looked at the icon and went "meh", tho I guess half of that was spent looking at loading screens, or just going AFK due to loading screens...)

Started playing The Crew, which I picked up during the Steam sales. Gotta say, it was quite jarring going from Forza (been playing Motorsport 6 Apex and Horizon 3) to this kind of truly arcade driving. I started off by hitting a wall because I didn't expect a Ford Mustang to brake and turn like a Lamborghini... I wish I'd recorded that first race, I bet it would have been hilarious for spectators...

Man, I wish I could have Forza Horizon 3's cars (and driving) in The Crew's world. Horizon 3 really doesn't have a map big enough for nice long cruising.

I can never get through ToB. So much of the writing is just so bad...and the game just becomes such a painful grind. Shadows of Amn is such a much more natural ending in most ways.

I am playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time / Master Quest...after having just beat Ocarina of Time. What a wacky redux of the game. I'll play Majora's Mask after. (e): Also, I only ever play Zelda games with 3 hearts, so yeah, I've been doing that, too.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

So I tried 2 more mods - one which should disable timers, other which should set them all to 99 turns. Neither worked. Bye bye XCOM 2, I have games that are actually fun installed.

That's a shame, it's my favorite game since Jagged Alliance 2.

So I tried 2 more mods - one which should disable timers, other which should set them all to 99 turns. Neither worked. Bye bye XCOM 2, I have games that are actually fun installed.

What disable timer mod did you use? The one I used worked perfectly.

I am thinking of doing a replay of the Mass Effect series. Gotta finish Blood & Wine first though.

I've been doing the same. On the third right now and struggling to gather the willpower to finish it. Everyone complained about the ending of ME3, but to me the pick-a-color conclusion is only the tip of the iceberg of all the narrative problems this game has. It feels exactly like it is, a project that got abandoned by the lead writers (for the record, I'm not blaming the old lead writer; it's a job and he is at liberty to seek opportunities elsewhere) and was inherited by a group of writers who each used the opportunity to make their own Mass Effect fan fiction canon.

Edited by the_dog_days
  • Like 2

Ultimate General: Civil War. Got it from Steam on some sale, still in early access but there's already loads of battles to be fought. Really enjoying the game so far.

If I may ask is that the English or Colonial Civil War? I've always wanted to play/face off against the Man of Blood, Prince Rupert, Cromwell, Fairfax, the NMA etcetera. Not to say that the American conflict was uninteresting, far from it, but I feel that our internal conflict is rather overlooked.

It's the American Civil War. Hopefully though once they are finished with this game they will go after Napoleonic Wars and the Colonial Civil War.

I would imagine there's just that much more source material for the American civil war (in english) than there is for the Napoleonic Wars and Colonial Civil War that it makes sense for them to start with the American Civil War.

Hate the living, love the dead.

That's the same disable timer mod I used. Sorry to hear that. The first one was better anyway. <_>

Decided to finally get around to Charles Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa. And it's terrible. It's not even a funny joke unless you think taking basketball way too seriously is hilarious.

Not really feeling like playing anything else. But I typed up some handwritten parts of that RPG Maker project I'll never finish.

I also tried out that Project Diva game that launched free on PS4, just to see how much of a weaboo I am deep down inside. Turns out I'm terrible at rhythm games and lost about 2 minutes in. I kind of knew that already. So that's enough of that.

I'd say 2 has it beat for boredom.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Decided to finally get around to Charles Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa. And it's terrible. It's not even a funny joke unless you think taking basketball way too seriously is hilarious.

Not really feeling like playing anything else. But I typed up some handwritten parts of that RPG Maker project I'll never finish.

I also tried out that Project Diva game that launched free on PS4, just to see how much of a weaboo I am deep down inside. Turns out I'm terrible at rhythm games and lost about 2 minutes in. I kind of knew that already. So that's enough of that.

Play Master of the Wind, if you haven't already.

I have no idea what that is.

Edit: This? http://solestgames.com/game/master-of-the-wind/

I have no idea what that is.

Edit: This? http://solestgames.com/game/master-of-the-wind/

Yup. It's a thing of beatuy. The first act is somewhat weak but the quality constantly improves from act to act.