What are you playing right now

Gorth

I'm getting tired of Fruit of Grisaia. It's like a sitcom at this point. It's mostly lost track of any plot and is just whatever antics they get up to for a scene. Zzzzz

I got Legacy of the Void yesterday, so I'm starting up a replay of all of Starcraft II.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Still at Star Ocean 5. And it is still fun :-) Although, I kinda do not like, that the enemies are removed after each bigger event in game. Though I do understand, that it was the easiest way how to manage the game to be at least little bit challenging in how they have made the story progression. Story is not the best but still interesting. The best stuff in the game are the optional funny private actions, which make me smile almost every time :-)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I love the fact that you can actually lose.

You have to be really, really, really bad at it for that to happen tho, so I think congratulations are in order. At any rate, those games are fantastic, especially when played at one of the Ranger difficulties (removing UI more or less completely)

I love the fact that you can actually lose.

You have to be really, really, really bad at it for that to happen tho, so I think congratulations are in order. At any rate, those games are fantastic, especially when played at one of the Ranger difficulties (removing UI more or less completely)

Yeah...or really take your time, too, I guess. I suddenly ran out of filters in a playthrough of 2033 myself once...but it wasn't a huge deal, because as long as you put your gasmask on like every 10 seconds (even if you immediately take it back off), you should still be good: it's just annoying to keep putting it on and then taking it off.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I dunno what you mean, running out of filters is the easiest thing on earth, especially when you can't figure out how to proceed. Once you know what to do in what order, it's easy sure, but the game doesn't tell you what to do. There is no map, no objective markers. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Why are people in RPGs idiots?

We get surprised by a HUGE army. And I wonder "Didn't we have sentries? Scouts?"

After the battle one NPC says "You must blame me for all the deaths."

"No, I blame the bad dude who did the actual killing."

NPC (and I am paraphrasing since I can't remember the exact wording) : "I should have become suspicious when the scouts started disappearing. If only I had investigated instead of recalling all our scouts..."

WTF?!?

The kitchen boy cut elfroot clockwise instead of parabolic, I get told. Scouts start disappearing, the npcs decide "Eh, lets just cut our loses and continue without them - who needs sentries anyway?"

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I dunno what you mean, running out of filters is the easiest thing on earth, especially when you can't figure out how to proceed.

The only issue I've really run into in the original Metro game was that I had to hire a sherpa (who famously don't need a gas mask and survive in the worst conditions) to carry the filters for me. He kept messing up the stealth sections, but I could use him as a meat shield when people started firing in my general direction (sherpas also never die.)

Then again, I suppose not everybody can be as amazing at videogames as I am, eh?

Seriously tho, I think the only section I've had issues with navigation was the nazi apartment building on the surface because there were some ... Bits where I got lost easily. But exploring just a little bit usually lead to more filters in that game. Or sudden death.

You can probably skip the vast majority of the elfroot.

What kind of blasphemy is this!? This is an RPG! If there's any elfroot, you're going to need that elfroot and therefore, such elfroot needs to be elfrooted... Err, gathered.

Hey, I spent 60+ hours spamming the search key, and picking up every single thing that got highlighted.  At some point, I point really need 300+ iron...

Why are people in RPGs idiots?

We get surprised by a HUGE army. And I wonder "Didn't we have sentries? Scouts?"

After the battle one NPC says "You must blame me for all the deaths."

"No, I blame the bad dude who did the actual killing."

NPC (and I am paraphrasing since I can't remember the exact wording) : "I should have become suspicious when the scouts started disappearing. If only I had investigated instead of recalling all our scouts..."

WTF?!?

The kitchen boy cut elfroot clockwise instead of parabolic, I get told. Scouts start disappearing, the npcs decide "Eh, lets just cut our loses and continue without them - who needs sentries anyway?"

how low has bioware fallen

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I was gifted Fallout 4. The entire story starts off idiotic but I held out some hope for decent dialogue at least about "wtf happened". Yeah, nope. The dialogue system is even worse than I imagined. I chose the wrong option in the first real dialogue (with the Minuteman leader) and couldn't even mention anything about coming from a Vault, though they psychically all already knew somehow.

Anyway, other (very early) impressions so far (I just met the Minutemen and got to zap a Deathclaw with a minigun):

• I'm not sure if on the first two level ups I could only assign attributes or I am too denseto figure out the new "perks" screen. The fact that I'm not sure imho already means the UI is bad.
  • having to confirm exiting almost every dialog window with <return> when tab is used everywhere else is fairly obnoxious (iow, to get out of the workbench I have to press <tab> and then confirm with <return>). Sure, using a different key makes sure I won't "accidentally" exit a dialog, but using two keys on different ends of my keyboard one of which requires me to take my hand off my mouse to exit every single dialog is just plain obnoxious. It might be acceptable for exiting the game or doing other "destructive" actions (eg. assigning points on level-up), but not for exiting every. single. workbench. Ugh.
    Probably can change that or some nice guy might've modded it already, but the defaults are crap.
  • combat seems good so far. Went with a snipery build and only put 1 point in endurance. Hasn't hindered me in the slightest so far.
  • The slowdown things in VATS is kinda annoying as it sometimes messes with targeting. Probably just a matter of getting used to it though.
  • worldbuilding seems typical Bethesda, iow. despite the story (and it's telling) appearing to be terrible I'm likely going to have fun hiking around exploring
  • one thing they did get right story wise was that they gave your character a military background, so at least it makes some sense that you just pick up a gun and know how to use it
Edited by marelooke

DOOM is harder than i thought. it has been a while since i last played any shooter and even more since i played something so fast so that may be adding to the difficulty.

but something unexpected happened. while i was playing (average 100fps on vulcan with my RX470) the game crashed with a windows message saying "not enough memory". the only other game that does this is Black Desert Online that couldn't be optimized worse even if the developers tried. i'm starting to think the issue may be in windows and not the games

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Downloading final fantasy 15 with season pass (Christmas gift and on sale). I can't wait, I just need something new and shiny. So far I've just been bleh with most games that have come out lately.

Well I'm loving it. They've nailed the charms of the Final Fantasy series. Rolling down the road in my Regalia, listening to the theme from Final Fantasy V is sublime. I do recommend you watch the Kingsglaive movie, it has added to the experience quite a bit.

Metro Redux.

I love the fact that you can actually lose. I didn't have enough filters for my gas mask and was very close to finishing a chapter. Had to restart it instead. It's one of the few games ever where no manual saves was a good decision.

The first game did it well but I thought Last Light had too many mask areas. I felt like I had to run through those sections, and I always prefer the slow, methodical approach. Also there was one level where enemies were firing from everywhere and I had a lot of trouble seeing them. Had to switch to easy just to continue.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Downloading final fantasy 15 with season pass (Christmas gift and on sale). I can't wait, I just need something new and shiny. So far I've just been bleh with most games that have come out lately.

Well I'm loving it. They've nailed the charms of the Final Fantasy series. Rolling down the road in my Regalia, listening to the theme from Final Fantasy V is sublime. I do recommend you watch the Kingsglaive movie, it has added to the experience quite a bit.

Yeah my friend gonna let me borrow his movie here in a day or so. Should I watch the movie before I play?

That sounds awesome, I've been an avid FF fan since the first one on the nes. **** it's thanks to FF1 and Dragon Warrior on the nes that I've gotten into RPGs in the first place lol. Sigh, trying to tell people those are RPGs now a days is like hitting a brick wall. Now a days, if u can't customize ur character or have options in how to do quests/dialogue it's not considered an RPG lol. Sadly I can somewhat agree with them, but that's all I had back then. No regrets

I dunno what you mean, running out of filters is the easiest thing on earth, especially when you can't figure out how to proceed.

The only issue I've really run into in the original Metro game was that I had to hire a sherpa (who famously don't need a gas mask and survive in the worst conditions) to carry the filters for me. He kept messing up the stealth sections, but I could use him as a meat shield when people started firing in my general direction (sherpas also never die.)

Then again, I suppose not everybody can be as amazing at videogames as I am, eh?

Seriously tho, I think the only section I've had issues with navigation was the nazi apartment building on the surface because there were some ... Bits where I got lost easily. But exploring just a little bit usually lead to more filters in that game. Or sudden death.

I just noticed that I wrote Metro when I meant Last Light redux. There is quite a difference. Also I never noticed you could buy gas mask filters. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Yeah my friend gonna let me borrow his movie here in a day or so. Should I watch the movie before I play?

That sounds awesome, I've been an avid FF fan since the first one on the nes. **** it's thanks to FF1 and Dragon Warrior on the nes that I've gotten into RPGs in the first place lol. Sigh, trying to tell people those are RPGs now a days is like hitting a brick wall. Now a days, if u can't customize ur character or have options in how to do quests/dialogue it's not considered an RPG lol. Sadly I can somewhat agree with them, but that's all I had back then. No regrets

You don't need to watch the movie first, but it does make the transition from Chapter 1 to Chapter 2 smoother.

Trying to slog through DA:I.... ugh... too much of MMO influence... can;t toss a rock and you get some kind of a hostile mob/animals and those "elfroots" grrr. I like to complete maps before going forward, so I guess I will be overlevelef for other maps once i finish Hinterlands. I saw some rifts with lvl 12 enemies and I am like 11hours in, and aside of a brief visit in val royal I'm in 2/3rds of Hinterlands at lvl 8.5

You'll have to leave at some point and return later for the very final region of Hinterlands I am afraid. I came back at lvl 14 for the lvl 18 loot :/

Other than that, picture that frame from Toy Story:

Elfroot, elfroot everywhere.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Truth be told, when you get to the higher level maps, you only find the odd small patch of elfroot.  My biggest frustration was trying to find the fade-touched materials I wanted for a couple items.  Fade-touched stormheart is freaking awful to find (of course, the only area with massive amounts of stormheart to farm is the second to last area of the game.)

Really, other than wanting fade-touched stormheart that I could have easily used something else for (I just thought it appropriate for my tank to have Shield Bash on hit) the only thing I really farmed for was fade-touched Silverite because guard on hit is basically necessary for any melee characters, and I was playing a duel-wield rogue.

Yeah, I want guard on hit for my dual wield rogue. Can you actually farm for fade-touched materials? I was afraid you only got a specific number in the game (devs seem to love doing that in games these days).

Yeah, I want guard on hit for my dual wield rogue. Can you actually farm for fade-touched materials? I was afraid you only got a specific number in the game (devs seem to love doing that in games these days).

If the fade-touched material happens to be in a chest with other things, it's possible to farm it in a semi-cheating manner.

If you pick up whatever is in the chest but leave one thing there (such as any gold), then fast travel elsewhere on the map, when you travel back to wherever the chest is it will have repopulated with the things that were in it again and you can grab another fade-touched whatever. 

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Trying to slog through DA:I.... ugh... too much of MMO influence... can;t toss a rock and you get some kind of a hostile mob/animals and those "elfroots" grrr. I like to complete maps before going forward, so I guess I will be overlevelef for other maps once i finish Hinterlands. I saw some rifts with lvl 12 enemies and I am like 11hours in, and aside of a brief visit in val royal I'm in 2/3rds of Hinterlands at lvl 8.5

I played the game in the same way and the only thing I can tell you: Ditch the Hinterlands as soon as possible. Fight the urge to complete the map. The rest of the game isn't paced as terribly. Just... come back later to finish the collections (shards and all that jazz).

Every time you harvest a resource or some crafting material drops it can be a fade-touched version. Part of the problem is that the better stuff has a terrible drop chance and there are fade-touched materials that can have different bonuses. There's nothing like farming your arse off to find that fade-touched snofleur skin for the Horn of Valor buff and then notice it dropped with the freaking 1% health on hit bonus.

Fade-touched material boni of the same tear don't stack by the way, but different tiers do. So wearing mastercrafted items with both fade-touched silverite and fade-touched obsidian will net you a +8 guard on hit.

Of course the funnest way to utilize that would be having Varric (or a player character artificer) field some items with the tier 2 and 3 materials for the Hidden Blades procc and the Horn of Valor buff and some nice crit chance.

There's quite nothing like killing dragons in three or four hits on nightmare with chained leaping shots. 12 projectiles per shot with cooldown reduction and stamina on hit/crit and 12 chances pro procc Hidden Blades and Horn of Valor with each shot.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.