What are you playing right now

Gorth

Finally finished Witcher 3 today. It's a good game, but still somewhat fails to get my attention for long. It's probably also because I find it so hard to watch on my tv. I can't really explain it.. just that it feels really exhausting to me. Sometimes I can hardly see stuff on the screen, which doesn't happen to me with other games like MGS5 for example. Really can't explain it. Oh, and the tiny font doesn't help it much either.

Now I only got Blood & Wine left to do... another day.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Finally finished Witcher 3 today. It's a good game, but still somewhat fails to get my attention for long. It's probably also because I find it so hard to watch on my tv. I can't really explain it.. just that it feels really exhausting to me. Sometimes I can hardly see stuff on the screen, which doesn't happen to me with other games like MGS5 for example. Really can't explain it. Oh, and the tiny font doesn't help it much either.

The graphics are extremely busy, everything moves constantly and everything sort of feels... Mingled together, often to the point where I find it difficult to focus on details. I found that playing the game sitting with my face in my screen actually helped mitigate that somewhat, but not entirely.

Edit: Speaking of PoE I made my way to the home of that lordling that decided to hang people in the neighbourhood. Made some roads inwards in his castle, but not sure if I'm supposed to be doing that at this stage in the game or just leave it be until later.

Just go ahead and do that stuff now if you want, it's perfectly fine to do so. In my opinion, a certain dungeon beneath the hangman tree is more challenging early on, well with one clear exception, but I won't spoil anything for you.

If it's the temple under the big tree, yeah, went there as one of the first things I did. Found it somewhat challenging (on default difficulty) :)

I quite liked it though, gave me that "IWD Vibe". Off to visit the lordling it is then ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The Last Guardian is soo good. Controls are very floaty, I don't know if I'm using that wrong. Which is a bad thing, but it makes it feel like Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.

Edit: And now I've beaten it after spending an entire Sunday. It was great. It's what you expect if you're familiar with the series. And, if you're not, i don't know what to tell you. It practically plays like a PS2 game, It's a boy and his Griffin.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The graphics are extremely busy, everything moves constantly and everything sort of feels... Mingled together, often to the point where I find it difficult to focus on details. I found that playing the game sitting with my face in my screen actually helped mitigate that somewhat, but not entirely.

Yeah, that seems to be it. I just wonder why it seems nobody else is reporting that. I would expect this at least from console peaseants who are forced to sit in front of the tv.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Edit: Speaking of PoE I made my way to the home of that lordling that decided to hang people in the neighbourhood. Made some roads inwards in his castle, but not sure if I'm supposed to be doing that at this stage in the game or just leave it be until later.

Just go ahead and do that stuff now if you want, it's perfectly fine to do so. In my opinion, a certain dungeon beneath the hangman tree is more challenging early on, well with one clear exception, but I won't spoil anything for you.

If it's the temple under the big tree, yeah, went there as one of the first things I did. Found it somewhat challenging (on default difficulty) :)

I quite liked it though, gave me that "IWD Vibe". Off to visit the lordling it is then ;)

My first and so far only PoE run ended there, when I tried exploring that place solo. Success eluded me and I lost all momentum and ended up playing something else. This was before story mode was a thing, so I don't know how viable it'd be if I returned to it today.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Yeah, that seems to be it. I just wonder why it seems nobody else is reporting that. I would expect this at least from console peaseants who are forced to sit in front of the tv.

An unusual complaint. I love the amount of detail in the environment. I can't think of an open world that does it better. 

Well I'm not really complaining about it because I realize that I'm an old fart who's far too used to everything being visually extremely distinctive on a screen. This is actually not the first game I've had that issue with, I think the first one I've noticed the same problem with was Skyrim, and it's probably highly subjective.

In fact I'm glad I've met somebody who opted to voice the complaint as I kinda felt like I'm just insane :-P

I dont mind the graphic quality at all. But if I sit 2 meters from my big tv and struggle with "seeing" anything on it, then something is wrong- either with me or the game. And like I've said, I didn't experienced this with other games except maybe Red Dead Redemption back in the days.

"The graphics are extremely busy, everything moves constantly and everything sort of feels... Mingled together, often to the point where I find it difficult to focus on details. I found that playing the game sitting with my face in my screen actually helped mitigate that somewhat, but not entirely."

It's like being in a Monet painting.

Edited by HoonDing
  • Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I got to play some FF XV over the weekend at my buddy's house.  I played 2, maybe 3 hours, my friend has nearly 25 hours in it and my initial impression is pretty much the same way he feels.  I'm really torn, the game is...  candy covered dog poop.  

There's a lot to like about the game.  The 4 boyband members on a roadtrip aspect is great.  The 4 characters are really endearing, even Noctis, who's kinda a b***h.  Getting to drive around and listen to tunes is great.  There are plenty of fun mini-games like chocobo racing, fishing, Justice Monsters V, etc. and a lot of care has gone into those mini-games.  The game has a lot of silly and ridiculous stuff that makes you smile, plus they threw in Boobs McGee (Cindy) and she even cleans your windshield to give you a quality cleavage shot when you fill up the car (Squeenix lose points for not having proper boob physics, though.  Come on guys, you're a Japanese company, I'm counting on you).  In fairness, there's plenty of eye candy for the ladies too, in the form of the 4 main characters.  They're even set up completely like a boyband:  There's the tough and rugged one, the prim intellectual one, the funny, spicy one who might be gay or bisexual, and Noctis, who's an ass, but a romantic deep down inside.  There's something for everybody.  Combat is pretty fun except that magic completely sucks (magic is grenades). 

It's just too bad that that sweet, tasty candy shell surrounds an awful core.  The main story is a trainwreck.  It is abysmally bad, both the storytelling, if you can even call it that, and the story missions, which are among the dullest, most painful things I got to do in the short amount of time I played.  Maybe the main story gets better later, but what I've read about the game doesn't seem encouraging.  We all know this started out as FF XIII VS then got changed to FF XV partway through development and that this game had a ridiculously long time in the oven.  I suspect both those factors play into how much of a mess the main story arc is.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I have finished the Alisha's Story DLC for Tales of Zestiria on PS4. The final bossfight was pretty easy compared to main game boss. You have to kill two Hellions and both of them at the same time. I have enjoyed it less than the main game, but got the DLC for free with the preorder in 2015, so no bad thoughts on it :)

Today I have retried Gran Turismo 5 Vettel's Challenge on Suzuka. During few hours, I was able to improve my time by 2 seconds. My best time is now only 0.554 seconds behind the gold medal. Delta of my best times is better than the gold requirement, but I make almost every time big mistake at the Spoon turn, so as soon as I learn how to drive through it, I should be able to get the gold medal. We'll see if I'll be able to get it this year :)

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I don't know if I'm overly sensitive but the windy effect almost made me quit the game because I found it to be extremely... overdone. I live in a very windy environment and it's like... I guess it's fine in a fantasy environment maybe but it just broke my immershun!11! that people would talk calmly to each other, hair not being affected at all etc when it was blowing hard enough that trees would start to break after a prolonged exposure to that kind of wind.

A lot of people would find that nitpicking but it really bothered me.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

So I got gifted Battlefield 1.

I played the prologue and the airborne mini-campaign and both were... Pretty amazing, actually. As far as rollercoaster rides go, this one had extremely well directed cinematics, shockingly open levels with functional stealth, great voice acting and fun set pieces. I'd say that if you actually enjoy campaigns of the various modern warfare games (and I'd like to point out that I don't particularly), this one's a safe bet. If you don't - I suppose it depends on how do you like dem cinematic experiences. It won't make my GOTY certainly, but visuals are stunning, sound design is incredible, it performs extremely well and I'm just having fun. Kinda mindless, and what's happening on the screen is rather ridiculous, but it's fun nonetheless.

• Like 1

Fruit of Grisaia still. The humor is losing its punch, but it's starting to invest me more in the characters instead. Really enjoying it.

I also bought Saya no Uta today. VNDB's #3. It's short too so I'll probably start that before I finish Grisaia.

And the Bo-Rifle is out in Battlefront. Kill someone with it equipped, get one of your own.

Edit: And Saya is definitely something. It's a story about a guy who sees everything as this horrifying mess of flesh following an accident. All except this one mysterious girl named Saya, the only normal person in his world. And so far splits perspectives between Fuminori, our mentally damaged main character, and other more normal people. In less than an hour of reading, I already come to sympathize with our protagonist for being a bit of a jerk. While feeling sad for his friends. So what they're trying to do is working.

Edit2: Reading further, Jesus christ.

Well, decided to gamble $30 on playing Division with my friends being fun, doubt that will hold as one has played 20 hours in the last 3 days or something and so is ahead of us. But it does soothe my itch to shoot people with a SCAR.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm playing mission 9 in Shadow Tactics.  This one takes place in the middle of a full on battle with soldiers everywhere.  It's so freakin' hard.  I'm slowly, very very slowly, making my way through it and whittling down the opposition so that I can strike at my objectives, but the timings I have to work with are razor thin, plus there are so many enemies to account for at all times.  I'll think I have a foolproof plan set up where I distract one guard while another of my team kills another guard and it seems i have all my angles covered and no one will see him die so long as that one guard is distracted, except that other guard up in the tower that can see everything and I'm screwed.  Back to the drawing board.  I love it.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"I also bought Saya no Uta today. VNDB's #3. It's short too so I'll probably start that before I finish Grisaia."

It's not bad but it has lolicon. But the child is a Lovecraftian horror in reality so it's alright to include graphical sex/rape scenes. Typical Japanese.

Looking at that list G-senjou no Maou was good but it would be pointless to play it censored.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I hear good things about G-senjou no Maou, good even with the censoring since that's the only one available in English.

But I've already got a backlog of my recent VN addiction. Umineko, World End Economica, Root Double, Planetarian, and then Muv-Luv Alternative is supposed to come out this winter. Fruit of Grisai and Umineko are listed as 50+ hours! I don't even have room to check out G-Senjou.

Well, decided to gamble $30 on playing Division with my friends being fun, doubt that will hold as one has played 20 hours in the last 3 days or something and so is ahead of us. But it does soothe my itch to shoot people with a SCAR.

just make him start another character, that's what I did :lol: I played to level 15 with 2 friends, then another friend decided to join us, so I started another char and got that one to level 17, so the 4 of us could play through the story missions together. now another friend wants to join us, so I've created a third character... yes, the game is just that fun  :dancing:

and when none of my friends are online, I go into the Dark Zone to shoot stuff without having to worry about leveling up. actually, I spent 6 hours today running in the Dark Zone, that place is just one huge firefight. enemies spawn on every corner constantly - I would often find myself attacked by three different groups from three sides. the fun thing is: these groups fight each other as well, so sometimes you get very intense 4-way street battles. I feel like I'm in that famous scene from Heat  :wowey:

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

there is a big discount on deus ex mankind divided on steam right now and i was looking into it, but decided to leave it for some other time. while i am interested in the game, all the reviews say the same thing about it: corporate greed! they cut at least 1/3 of the game off the initial release to sell as DLC.

since i am a patient man, i will wait for a complete edition sometime in the next year.

• Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I thought the game more looked like they were obligated to release a Deus Ex this year, but had to rush a script together that didn't interfere with later games. If stuff was cut, it was far more than 1/3rd.

It has only a single boss fight and the plot ends in pretty much the exact place it started. There's no further revelations about the conspiracy, Jensen makes no new friends, and no new enemies.

• Like 1

there is a big discount on deus ex mankind divided on steam right now and i was looking into it, but decided to leave it for some other time. while i am interested in the game, all the reviews say the same thing about it: corporate greed! they cut at least 1/3 of the game off the initial release to sell as DLC.

since i am a patient man, i will wait for a complete edition sometime in the next year.

I'm actually turned off from the DLC because the events apparently happen during the main storyline instead of after.  The main campaign was pretty long and wrapped up stuff well enough for me to be done with it, I don't need to retread the story.