What are you playing right now

Gorth

Hey guys. New member, long time lurker.

Hi!

I've been playing this game called Sunless Sea.

With the Underzee expansion I hope. I mean, surely, you had to meet the Constant Companion.

You don't have to read the stories. The gameplay is fun enough to ignore the text, but the text itself tends to the brief and it's worth it to read every paragraph, every sentence, every comma.

You really kinda do have to read the text, gameplay is rather barebones without it and half of the game's atmosphere is the context. Then again, I can't imagine anyone around here minding reading in their games.

I recommend it without hesitation.

I keep recommending it to these fools and not all of them have played it yet, which is concerning to say the least. There are even some who didn't like it, but that's just crazy talk and nobody should listen to them. Missing the best writing in a videogame since Planescape Torment is just generally a shame, and Sunless Sea really does play to the strengths of the medium for videogames while also rivaling some of the best novels I've ever read in its world building and often even moment to moment writing. It's an exceptional game.

Replaying Pillars, have done two parts of the Act II main quests and am about to enter the Battery in White March 1. Yeah... this game is way better for me than Tyranny is, even though I really enjoy the smaller but "deeper" scope of Tyranny. I just enjoy everything about PoE's gameplay much, much more.

• Like 3

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

"Dishonoured 2 is really good."

At least, until you discover that it isn't.

Says the guy who logged a thousand hours on Skyrim.

Obviously, he hasn't discovered the truth yet. Gotta search for it thoroughly. :p

Mine says 2300 some hours. Which is almost 100 Skyrim days straight. I hope that's not true.  Probably all the crashes messing with STEAM.  

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I continue with Tales of Zestiria, moving slowly forward, but I have just finished the search for all Iris Gems and now I continue with main questline and hope to stop war between two kingdoms. I am also trying to hunt for some trophies with fusing equipment. But I am unable to find the right combination of traits on armor for Lailah to get the second hardest fusion trophy :-(

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Dragon Age Inquisition. Wanted to try this out on my newly upgraded system.

• Like 1

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The Shadow Tactics demo is timed and I ran out of said time.  I definitely wanted to keep playing but, oh well, it was enough time for me to be sure that I want to buy the full game when it releases, and that's luckily in only a couple of days.  Back to Quern - Undying Thoughts until then.  As is usual for me with these types of games, I make slow, sporadic progress.  I play for a half hour, solve a couple of puzzles, then get stuck and turn the game off.  I come back after I've cleared my mind and make a bit of more progress until I get stuck again and take a break.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Been replaying a bit of ME3 for a laugh. It's interesting how they manage a few high points and still get in plenty of low points. If everything had been as well handled as Tuchanka and Mordin....

The music is impeccable for hitting the emotional points of the story, and as I go through the Citadel dlc I'm reminded of how cheesy fan-wankery it is, but oh its silly fun and entertaining in all the right ways.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

"Mine says 2300 some hours. Which is almost 100 Skyrim days straight. I hope that's not true.  Probably all the crashes messing with STEAM.  "

Steam says I have more hours in Witcher 3 than Fallout 4. Guess it keeps counting when you alt-tab out.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

It's crazy addictive, I'm doing a -90c icesheet run right now with a single cannibal psychopath - raiders are my only protein source..

I started in a desert biome and doing pretty well now. My folks are pretty much only eating berries.. got like 2000+ stored in a big fridge. Biggest issue for me has been a lack of these damn combined parts. My only source of them now is via traders, so I'll have to produce stuff that I hopefully can sell at a caravan to get silver to get the components...

Had to amputate a few limps already, one of my peeps has a bionic arm and one raider that I've rescued got a broken spine... It's a 16 years old girl and I just can't get me to get rid of her... damn.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

So, the new bits of France in Euro Truck Simulator 2 are extremely pretty - and the game actually lets you drive about outskirts of Paris, sort of. They also added the roadside speed measuring thingy which tells you that you're an **** when you go over top speed. Very nice, especially coming as a free update to the game - when compared to the Eastern expansion and rest of Europe (which apparently also got reworked), you can see how far did SCS go since starting the whole thing. It also serves as a nice demo for the France DLC that'll come out tomorrow and that I'm sure to get now.

Edit: Anyway, yeah, Euro Truck Simulator. It's a game that goes to show that when you approach subject with care, attention to detail and put actual effort into releasing a quality product, you can absolutely create a game that's about something incredibly mundane, yet extremely fun and compelling. After looking about a bit, I can see just how much effort had been put into creating an experience as relaxing and fun as possible - the compressed portrayal of slightly greater than life Europe with a constant stream of more or less mundane yet varied landmarks, the driver AI which does its best to exist and keep to rules of the road, yet stay out of your way, spawning and despawning vehicles in such a way to remain convincing without stopping progress for too long... This is just a well polished product that went through many iterations and testing. Well done, SCS. Well done.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

Still Tales of Zestiria. Got the 2nd hardest equipment fusion Trophy (only 1.2% of game owners were able to get it) and then, I have killed my first Dragon (Tiamat), which have decided to intervene in war between two kingdoms, and in a few minutes obliterated half the soldiers from both sides. During the fight, it healed up from fear of the soldiers, but after showing them, that this beast can be defeated, they amassed archers around the place of the fight, and were slowly helping me out with rain of arrows. After almost 20 minus of fight. The Dragon boss went down, and my two protagonists went to their old hideout for three days long nap :-D

Slowly trying to get equipment for the hardest fusion Trophy. It's pretty random, so I will probably have not all the required gear for it before NG+ :(

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Went back to Mordheim, messed a bit with the new Undead faction and got that warband to Rank 3. Unless the next hero and the impressive are annoying as hell this might be the next warband I'll take to Rank 10 (the first being the Sisters of Sigmar).

Then I realized I still had Act II of the Sisters campaign to complete and so I did the first mission of Act II. It was a nice reminder of why I stopped doing these campaign missions in the first place. It was a long boring slog, not sure who thought "now tank this annoying resurrecting demon while you go over the whole level collecting stuff" was a great idea. Thankfully the demoness hit like a kitten (or rather, she more often than not,didn't hit at all), but boy, were the debuffs she threw around annoying as hell especially since there was little to be done about those as she ignored the silence spell, bosses and their cheap tactics :(

Anyway, guess that leaves another 3 missions in Act II. Not sure if I'll try for the "one year with the same Warband achievement" after as I'm "only" at 107 active days so far (iirc a Warhammer year wasn't 365 days either (slightly longer, I think?)). Then again if a mission goes south badly and I have to rebuild my Warband things might add up faster than expected...

Edited by marelooke

Went back to Mordheim, messed a bit with the new Undead faction and got that warband to Rank 3. Unless the next hero and the impressive are annoying as hell this might be the next warband I'll take to Rank 10 (the first being the Sisters of Sigmar).

Then I realized I still had Act II of the Sisters campaign to complete and so I did the first mission of Act II. It was a nice reminder of why I stopped doing these campaign missions in the first place. It was a long boring slog, not sure who thought "now tank this annoying resurrecting demon while you go over the whole level collecting stuff" was a great idea. Thankfully the demoness hit like a kitten (or rather, she more often than not,didn't hit at all), but boy, were the debuffs she threw around annoying as hell especially since there was little to be done about those as she ignored the silence spell, bosses and their cheap tactics :(

Anyway, guess that leaves another 3 missions in Act II. Not sure if I'll try for the "one year with the same Warband achievement" after as I'm "only" at 107 active days so far (iirc a Warhammer year wasn't 365 days either (slightly longer, I think?)). Then again if a mission goes south badly and I have to rebuild my Warband things might add up faster than expected...

Warhammer year is 400 days I think.

That mission used to be a lot worse when it had infinitely respawning daemonettes. It was when I ragequit and fired my whole warband. Now it's managable, though if Aluress gets lucky and goes crit-stun with every hit... c'est Mordheim.

I haven't tried the Necromancer for the Undead yet. I love my Thrall though. Though she is still a bit squishy.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

There's a lot more to "The Witness" than I originally thought. I'm usually stumped though, my normal mode of playing is to quit for a while, then come back and try to find a puzzle I can solve.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I was finally able to find a second hand Wii mote with a Wii Motion Plus and a brand new nunchuck after hours of searching. I consider myself lucky since they are extremely hard to come by here in Tehran right now. 

Anywayz, bought The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and I just can't wait to play it. The last Zelda game I played and finished was Twilight Princess and that was back in 2007.

I also bought Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Kirby's Return to Dreamland during a sale and I'll probably buy the Metroid Prime Trilogy & Sin & Punishment: Star Successor at some point. 

It's Nintendo Open Season for me fellas! 

Actually, I also started replaying Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl which goes just hand in hand with Mario & Zelda.  :teehee:

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

"Mine says 2300 some hours. Which is almost 100 Skyrim days straight. I hope that's not true.  Probably all the crashes messing with STEAM.  "

Steam says I have more hours in Witcher 3 than Fallout 4. Guess it keeps counting when you alt-tab out.

yeah, it counts if you are in the game, not actually playing the game.

Well, been scouring the website for the past week here and there and always find it interesting people's views and what they're playing.  For myself, I just got done with a runthrough of Darksiders: Remastered Edition on the PS4 which I had a good amount of fun with.  While the combat can be seen as simplistic, there's actually a good amount of depth if you want there to be.  Also, started, what I'm considering my actual gonna make it through, playthrough of Pillars of Eternity, which I finally have time to focus on the story and do at this point in my year.  Very excited about this prospect and have gotten a couple hours in so far.

Also started up Final Fantasy XV and am about 3 hours into.  While weighing on the positive side of the scale, I'm still on the fence on how it's going.  I'm sure putting in some more time will definitely help with figuring the ins and outs of this new title.  

And Dishonored 2, which has been going great.  Glad to see it's running more closer to what it should and look forward to them fixing the random bugs and optimizing the game more.  Get out of the way real life.

• Like 1

I tried to play Let it Die yesterday, because it's a free game. But it's so damn clunky that i lost the will to play after barely completing the tutorial and venturing in the first level.  Had the character movement and controls been tighter and if i actually had control over  which enemy i lock on, it would have been fun. But now it's been deleted before the download was even complete. >_<

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Finished Act 2 Mission 2 in the Sisters of Sigmar campaign in Mordheim. 2 more missions to go.

I think I hit a bug though as it didn't list *any* loot on the mission rewards screen, so I fear the slog the mission was didn't even earn me anything. Can't really verify it wasn't just a graphical hitch though... (well, I could restore & reload the save I set aside in case of disaster, given how buggy some of these campaign missions used to be, but I've never had to use it so I'd rather not mess with it and break my game or so...)