What are you playing right now

Gorth

Went back to see if I will finally finish D:OS, then I remember that I hate the combat. Not the combat system, just the fact that I can only have 4 characters and I have to fight twice that. Which would be fine if could do more than 2 moves per character.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

One of my biggest pet peeves rears its ugly head again -- mountains/terrain that cannot be climbed, thus making it frustratingly annoying to find a spot you want to get to when it's surrounded by said mountains and there is no clear path to take.

Skyrim is bad for this.  I'll have to reach a location that is located in the mountains, but I'll spend an hour (an actual hour) running around the giant mountain just trying to find a path that goes up the mountain.

Dragon Age Inquisition was annoying with this as well, especially when collecting those damn shards.

Skyrim is one of the only games where this doesn't bother me in the slightest.  I loved how mountains made the world feel huge and after several playthroughs I'd keep finding hidden dungeons and shrines.

The mountains themselves were nice to look at.  The mountains where I couldn't figure the hell out where I needed to go to get up them were a pain.

The key here is to glitch your horse right to the top of that hill  :dancing:

Playing a rpgmaker game called Disgraced. Takes place in fictional feudal Japan. Not only are you fighting the evil shogun, you also need to keep track of recourse management and also make sure that your units don't go hungry/thirsty. I haven't had much trouble with that, though. Some fights I have been picking have been more or less impossible, so I'm mostly trying to find stuff that I can actually kill. I have 7 characters recruited so far, but you can only have 4 of them active at a time. I'm not sure if they should be rotated or not. I'm mostly sticking to the same party. I've spent three hours on it and it seems interesting so far, despite not having top notch writing.

Went back to see if I will finally finish D:OS, then I remember that I hate the combat. Not the combat system, just the fact that I can only have 4 characters and I have to fight twice that. Which would be fine if could do more than 2 moves per character.

I haven't been able to finish D:OS either.  I've tried twice now and both times I just kind of stopped playing it after a while with no desire to return.  I have no problem with the combat outside of battles taking FOREVER, but I could get past that.  If anything, I thought the combat was the game's best quality.  For me it was a matter of the game being... well, dull.  The world just felt really uninspired, the characters boring, and the fanfic level humor and writing completely fell flat.  I couldn't get motivated to play the game because I didn't care about anything that happened or any of the characters in the game, largely because they all seemed like piss poor cartoon characters.

Compare that to Tyranny, the game I'm currently playing.  In Tyranny I have a clear picture of the world, the military and political struggles going on.  I have an image and a personality in mind for my character.  I have goals, both short term and long term, and I am actively working toward them because I care about achieving them.  There are characters I like and characters I dislike... plus some characters I couldn't give 2 ****s about, but hey, they can't all be winners.  The point is, I'm invested in the world, the people living in it, and the events that are transpiring.

It's not all roses, though.  I could definitely do without the spire management aspect of the game.  It just seems like needless busy work to me.  There is no strategy to it beyond which upgrade you build first, since you'll eventually be able to build all upgrades.  It's not even like there are any mutually exclusive hireables either, it's only a matter of having enough money, which is a piece of cake.  I mean, I've been taking a steaming hot **** on the Disfavored for most of the game, yet Disfavored hireables are still open to me and they don't even speak ill of me when I talk to them.  Why even bother assigning factions to the hireables at your spires then?  I would have been much happier if, shortly after you activated a spire, trainers and merchants just sort of all showed up of their own accord and settled there, though I would have much preferred if they settled in the Ascension Hall below the spire or the land surrounding it.  Who the **** let that common filth up to the top of my spires anyway?  The top of the spires should be reserved for me and any companions I deem worthy of allowing up there, no one else.  Bunch of disgusting peasants dirtying up my spires, ugh.  I could do without the uninspired crafting you do at the spires too.  I've really grown to loathe crafting, especially when it's this lazy.  It's just lame and needlessly tedious.  There are no choices to be made outside of what to research/forge first and managing the extremely plentiful different forms of currency used.  I wish the game just gave me the sigil or the armor instead of having me waste time bringing a piece of the armor or the untranslated sigil to the spire, spend 4 of whatever currency which I have more than enough of, then make me wait a few days to receive my item or sigil scroll.  What a needless waste of time, and for what?

Anyway, after that rant I feel I should end on some positives, since I really do like Tyranny and the stupid spire management aspect is a collection pet peeves I can get over and, thankfully, mostly ignore and just not take part in.  I really like the magic creation system, it's flexible and surprisingly intuitive.  I also really like receiving missives and answering them.  It makes me really feel like a part of this political machine I am trying to leverage for my own gain.  I really enjoy political intrigue and espionage in RPGs and Tyranny has that in spades.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

D:OS was enjoyable enough but it made me click through all dialogue quickly even though I usually have a high tolerance. It was probably the combination with art style and horrid voice over that pushed it over the brink.

Divinity 2 dialogue on the contrary was spunky and spiffy all the way through and IIRC only one guy wrote everything.

Guess they hired too many tryhard SJW NAzi writers in the wake of their Kickstarter success.

Blackguards is better than it in every way.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Nailed off ROTR and Tropico 5. Lara is better than Sam Fisher

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

D:OS was enjoyable enough but it made me click through all dialogue quickly even though I usually have a high tolerance. It was probably the combination with art style and horrid voice over that pushed it over the brink.

Divinity 2 dialogue on the contrary was spunky and spiffy all the way through and IIRC only one guy wrote everything.

Guess they hired too many tryhard SJW NAzi writers in the wake of their Kickstarter success.

Social Justice and Nazi do not actually go together. Not that you mind. After all you just want to give your post some oomf or something *shrug*

I couldn't even get myself to click through the dialogue. The writing was simply too bad to bother with the game.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

So I sorta kinda goofed in forgetting that 2K has really strict region locking and so Steam codes of any EU copies of their games can't be activated outside Europe, Africa and the Middle East. As a result, my Anniversary Edition copy of Civ6 that I had imported from France simply refused to activate. To get around this impasse, I made an extremely brief trip to London, and while there created a new Steam account for the express purpose of being a container for my copy of Civ6.

My French copy of Dishonored 2 activated perfectly fine on my primary account, though like Fallout 4, the game DVD contains an insultingly small proportion of the game data, which I will now have to download overnight.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Divinity: Original Sin's writing was okay but not very good. In the long run every comical character (which would be.. all of them?) ends up having the same overlong theatrical voice. Enhanced Edition needed to trim it for the full voice acting, or to go with a different voice direction, so it suffered a lot because of that.

Great gameplay systems though, probably some the best of any isometric RPG I've ever played.

• Like 1

One of my biggest pet peeves rears its ugly head again -- mountains/terrain that cannot be climbed, thus making it frustratingly annoying to find a spot you want to get to when it's surrounded by said mountains and there is no clear path to take.

Skyrim is bad for this.  I'll have to reach a location that is located in the mountains, but I'll spend an hour (an actual hour) running around the giant mountain just trying to find a path that goes up the mountain.

Dragon Age Inquisition was annoying with this as well, especially when collecting those damn shards.

Skyrim is one of the only games where this doesn't bother me in the slightest.  I loved how mountains made the world feel huge and after several playthroughs I'd keep finding hidden dungeons and shrines.

The mountains themselves were nice to look at.  The mountains where I couldn't figure the hell out where I needed to go to get up them were a pain.

Hmm, can't remember too many of those tbh. Usually, as HoonDing remarked there is a road or path or some such leading up. Of course the mountains being this big it's kinda possible you're entirely on the wrong side to be able to get up (the statue of Azura took me a while to get to the first time iirc). If it really annoys you though there's always the console and noclip mode ("tcl"), I sometimes use that after jumping down a cliff (to pick up loot after I Fus-Ro-Dah'd some enemy to his/her/it's death for example) and knowing that getting back up is a long long trek...

Note that I still play the "normal" edition and that at least there using the console doesn't mess with achievements, no idea about the "enhanced" edition.

On that note, played a bit of Skyrim over the weekend, edging closer to lvl70 (67 now) and as such the killing of a Legendary dragon which would give me 100% achievement clompletion. Huzzah.

I never imagined enjoying Muv-Luv Extra as much as I did, I was never into romantic comedies. All the side routes were crap, but the one main route I've done so far was simply fantastic. Aside from the lacrosse stuff.

I'm actually going for the other main route right now and it's kind of sad knowing in advance that the other girl won't get the guy. :( Dag nabbit, they all deserve to be happy.

I'm told Muv-Luv Alternative is one of the best sci-fi VNs ever. I can't wait until we get a US release of that.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've decided to pick up Vermintide during last weekend, and I have to say it's quite fun, especially on hard+ difficulty (well i do not feel i have good enough gear for cataclysm so i would be a burden, nightmare i guess i can play some, though i feel i'm carried at times by a team with good gear, hard feels like a sweet spot for me even with no good gear, it;s challanging and thus fun)

I find it quite pleaseijng to hack skaven as my dwarf. got myself a blue axe and shield with higher block stamin and some hand gun for long range sniping, and I love it. although running around with blunderbas and greatsword as a empire soldiers alos feels fun... least fun for me is a bright mage - feels like she needs a really good gear otherwise she overheats too fast and you are just swinign your poor sword.

Edited by Darkpriest

Finished today the 4th trial in Tales of Zestiria. The game is still fun, but I am startung to hate the travel system of the game. You can travel between all of the discovered save points, but currently at kevel 45, 1 travel costs more than 9000 gald, and the drop rate of gold is not very high. Which forces you to travel long destinations by foot :-(

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

More Skyrim.

Ugh ... so I killed an enemy before doing the correct steps in a quest, and now that quest can't be completed because the "arrow" above my target remains over a corpse that I can't interact with.

Luckily it was just one of those "miscellaneous" quests and nothing associated with a key quest.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

More Skyrim.

Ugh ... so I killed an enemy before doing the correct steps in a quest, and now that quest can't be completed because the "arrow" above my target remains over a corpse that I can't interact with.

Luckily it was just one of those "miscellaneous" quests and nothing associated with a key quest.

Are you using the unofficial patch?

More Skyrim.

Are you using the unofficial patch?

I'm playing the PS4 version.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Social Justice and Nazi do not actually go together. 

I think he meant it in the "grammar nazi" sense 

really? I didn't like Blackguards at all, everything about it pissed me off for some reason. though, I didn't like DOS either, but for different reasons (world building and pacing)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

More Skyrim.

Perfectly normal. Dead Body With White Quest Marker is a Skyrim rite of non-passage. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I got gifted Euro Truck Simulator 2, so I thought I'll try that boring game about boring trucks in boring Europe properly out of courtesy towards the gifter.

So I just trucked about Europe for an hour or so and can't wait until I finish my work to do more trucking. Because I felt incredibly relaxed for some reason?

I have no idea what hell's happening here, brain, but as long as you keep releasing all those pleasant hormones into my bloodstream, I'm gonna play more Euro Truck Simulator 2. Deal?

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 3

grab Spintires in that case when you can. I had similar feelings when playing it

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.