What are you playing right now

Gorth

Same, we tried D1 again a few months ago, but it really wasn't that fun. But it's cool how you can totally see that the game started out as turn based. Pretty much everything related to walk around, interacting, etc. just screams turn based.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It felt like the game was very intentionally wasting my time after I got to the final floor. Clear the entire floor, see a big pentacle that's clearly something important...but nothing actually happens. Hmm. Go through the entire floor again, looking to see if there's any random quest item I missed...and finally found "Lazarus' Staff" in some random spot. Okay, bring it back to the pentacle...still nothing. Alrighty...go back to town and Deckard Cain, who's almost literally said nothing the entire game, suddenly gives me a freaking novel's worth of exposition...probably literally more text than I got in that one message than every other message from everyone else in the game combined. Alright, now I can fight Diablo...here we go...aaand I need to clear another floor again. Repeat this process again when it turns out I was actually fighting Lazarus instead of Diablo...and that I would need to clear an entire OTHER floor after that...and of course, it's all just the most annoying range-spamming enemies in the game. And then finally, FINALLY, I get to Diablo...and all he does are these retarded no-vision unlimited range fire attacks that you can't dodge...terrible design...and I still beat him pretty easily.

Not the most ideal ending to a game that I've played.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Screwing around in RPGMaker MV still. Splitting my time between just seeing what everything does and seriously overwriting the script.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I saw that Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is 25€ on Steam right now. Worth it?

I might add that I didn't really enjoy the last Deus Ex: Human Revolution since it felt too small. Small levels, small character progression, small ambition.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Worth it?

If you didn't enjoy the original then no. It's basically more of the same, complete with utterly inorganic level design. There are some excellent levels, but not nearly enough to make it stand out. Dishonored 2 basically blows it out of the water in every respect and then some.

The original? The original Deus Ex is one of my absolute favourite games of all times. If it's like the original it's an essential purchase, if it's like Human Revolution I'll skip it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Oh by the original I mean the original reboot (Human Revolution), not the actual original. *sigh* I wish they stopped the whole "Let's use names of loosely related popular games for our different games!" nonsense. I guess the new Deus Ex is at least loosely related, but it's a spin-off at best.

My bow is deadly in Skyrim.  I've also got a companion who absolutely mops up in melee combat, so it's like the perfect combination.  I shoot the enemy twice to lower their health past half, then she finishes them up with her dual wielding swords.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The original? The original Deus Ex is one of my absolute favourite games of all times. If it's like the original it's an essential purchase, if it's like Human Revolution I'll skip it.

MK is bigger than HR, and it does some very cool stuff, but I'd still put it closer to HR than the original.  

Bought some games on the Steam sale, some of them were cheap, short, with great reviews so I thought I'd try them first.

First up was Lisa. Absolutely terrific reviews! Also with some cheap as heck fights. Ran into one fight where the thing prevented me from taking any actions while beating me up. Game over. It was a poor early impression.

Helen's Mysterious Castle. Great reviews and it was easy to see why. It has a very interesting combat and leveling system. You're not leveling up your character, but their weapons, and all combat is about trading attack and defense stats between the two combatants. I really liked it. Then I kept wandering in circles because it looks like I hit a dead end. Can't find any way forward. Not a great feeling to have a little over an hour into the game.

On Tale Plays Free Games we have Saira. Well that's an interesting default control scheme... It's a puzzle platformer that looks like someone accidentally made the entire thing in paper crafts. It's not bad, it's just not interesting. Completed the tutorial and felt like I'd seen enough.

Next up is probably the highlight of my sale purchases, Hector Badge of Carnage. Among the last adventure games published, not developed, by Telltale games before The Walking Dead set their direction, it looks hilarious and has good reviews. It was also released originally around the time of Puzzle Agent. And I freaking love Puzzle Agent. Can't wait to try it.

Mankind Divided needs to go cheaper before I'll bite on it. Still plugging away at Rise of Tomb Raider, rather enjoying the tomb puzzles this time around.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm waiting until I can get DX:MD with the season pass (essentially the Complete Edition) for around $40.  That probably won't happen during either the Autumn Steam Sale nor the X-Mas sale.  Hopefully I can get it at that price during the Spring Sale.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Plugging away on Dishonored 2. I have to say, the level where you lose access to all your powers, but gain a time piece to flip between the present and 3 years before hand is very nicely thought out. Temoral hijinks to solve puzzles and make your way through the mansion...

Also, picked up a copy of Sunless Sea on the steam sales.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Plugging away on Dishonored 2. I have to say, the level where you lose access to all your powers, but gain a time piece to flip between the present and 3 years before hand is very nicely thought out. Temoral hijinks to solve puzzles and make your way through the mansion...

Yea I just finished it yesterday. Just how much you can change is staggering. This is the level I had to replay 7 hours for. Edited by Fenixp

I'm waiting until I can get DX:MD with the season pass (essentially the Complete Edition) for around $40.  That probably won't happen during either the Autumn Steam Sale nor the X-Mas sale.  Hopefully I can get it at that price during the Spring Sale.

I'd wait until they hopefully make a version where the DLCs are in the base game. Right now, the way the DLCs are working is a complete turnoff and pretty much the reason why I haven't replayed the game yet.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'd wait until they hopefully make a version where the DLCs are in the base game. Right now, the way the DLCs are working is a complete turnoff and pretty much the reason why I haven't replayed the game yet.

They're not integrated into the game?  Is it like starting a separate campaign?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

In Human Revolution at least it "kinda felt belonging together". In MD right at the beginning you just jump from random cutscene to random cutscene... Basically all the walking you'd normaly do inbetween is removed, which leaves a bunch of awkward dialogues and then a linear dungeon with enemies to get past.

I'm not sure if it's because it's been a while since I played it, or because the quests weren't memorable enough the first time through to stick in my mind, but I'm finding a lot of the side quests in Skyrim are ones I don't recall doing way back when.

I can recall with crystal clarity the main quests, but some of these minor ones seem pretty new to me.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm not sure if it's because it's been a while since I played it, or because the quests weren't memorable enough the first time through to stick in my mind, but I'm finding a lot of the side quests in Skyrim are ones I don't recall doing way back when.

I can recall with crystal clarity the main quests, but some of these minor ones seem pretty new to me.

This kept happening until about my fifth replay...big game.

And the good one out of my Steam sale purchases ends up being Helen's Mysterious Castle. Just a fun game overall. Star Wars Battlefront II has not aged well, especially mechanically. The campaign makes me want to hurt people.

Red Faction Guerilla I'm positive is still good, but I'm not making time for it tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

• Like 1