What are you playing right now

Gorth

My problem is that there are very few games I'm interested in. These isometric party based RPGs (Tyranny and PoE) are right up my alley but it's a really narrow alley

(image)

So when a game comes out that I actually like I tend to play the hell out of it

am admitting our alley, if we had an alley, would be more akin to this:

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

jeez, I wonder how many birds die every year from picking on those gums and getting their beaks and guts glued together

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

In fairness, I blame Obsidian for making the system requirements for Tyranny too high for me to play it. ;)

Hold on, Tyranny needs a better PC than Skyrim?

My problem is that there are very few games I'm interested in. These isometric party based RPGs (Tyranny and PoE) are right up my alley but it's a really narrow alley

(image)

So when a game comes out that I actually like I tend to play the hell out of it

am admitting our alley, if we had an alley, would be more akin to this:

HA! Good Fun!

Reminds me of insects coating the walls of their hive with resinous mucous.

Due Sex: Manbeard Divided

I am hoping this was some awesome auto-correct.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well otherwise it's some weird joke I haven't heard of about DX. Still waiting for that to go on sale

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Spent two more hours mucking about a mansion in the first actual mission in Dishonored. After 8 hours of playtime, I have finally reached the second proper mission! I just spent ages finding a way to neutralize a target without killing said target. It was all well worth it. I'm starting to look forward to my high chaos playthrough.

Anyway, I love the ways they found to enhance the gameplay - there are now more puzzles throughout the levels, and generally more things to do any more ways in which the game require you to improvise. Sticking in non-human opponents that don't count for kills when you dispose of them is a really clever thing to do as well, it gives your lethal gadgets some use and generally more things to do.

Oh, and AI improvements. The AI is finally not completely incapable of looking up, just when you're crouching for some reason. It also moves on predictable patterns for as long as it's undisturbed - but the moment something that causes them to become suspicious happens, instead of going "Huh?" and carrying on with their patrol, they'll start actively searching in unpredictable patterns. And they also notice some changed states - doors you closed/opened for instance, and when that happens, they become alert and start searching. I've not seen them noticing stolen items tho.

Well otherwise it's some weird joke I haven't heard of about DX.

'cause Due Sex kinda sounds like Deus Ex and because there's the word sex I can also change mankind to manb... No? It... It doesn't work? All right then, I'll just sit over here and remain quiet. Edited by Fenixp

man, Pillars of Eternity has a strong BG vibe... at least in the beginning. ****ty companions, large wilderness areas with nothing to do other than kill groups of mobs, a large city in the middle... you can probably tell I have BG PTSD (I hated the original BG, tried finishing it 3 times, all 3 failed). I don't have The White March, but if it's the same way, I won't be getting it.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I don't have The White March, but if it's the same way, I won't be getting it.

It's very Icewind Dale and I personally like the companions a lot more.. Although many seem to have found them a bit too wacky for the setting.

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

I don't remember being this bad at Skyrim before.  I can't even wander the wilderness without getting my lunch handed to me by sabre cats or random "named" bandits.

Me using a fire magic attack ---> enemy loses a fraction of health

Them using a fire magic attack against me ---> half my health goes down per hit

Me using a melee weapon attack ---> enemy slowly gets whittled down to 3/4 health after multiple swipes

Them using a melee attack against me ---> one strike takes almost half energy, two strikes leaves me near death and running away

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I haven't played the White March yet.  Every time I sit down to play it again, I end up running out of steam before getting to the city.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

So guards in Dishonored 2 actually inform each other that they saw an intruder, and this puts guards they have met into alerted state. If those guards were idle like playing cards or dice, they'll start patrolling instead, and patrols get a lot more erratic.

I also tried to see what kind of changes in the environment they react to, and what I found put them in alert state thus far was:

- Changed state of doors

- Disabled security measures

- Other guards who should be there missing

- Other guards in alert mode

So stealth is not binary - it's not just "They've not seen me" and "They've seen me" - there's a range of alertness between the two, which change how the individual levels play. I do realize none of this is new, but I'm really glad Arkane has put a decent amount of work into the AI.

• Like 3

I'm Stellaris-ed out. A can't beat the damned Unbidden. I hit them with two 30k fleets and was having my way with them when a 56k jumped in on top of me along with the two 26k stacks I was already fighting. It went bad after that. At least after the last patch the AI factions will fight them but they are just overwhelming. There are three fallen empires but they are too far away to do any good. To hell with it.

I'll wait for Tyranny to release a patch or two or maybe a DLC before diving in. In the meantime I might give Skyrim another go. I never did finish it. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Just use the train via McCarran? Costs no money and is right around the corner.

I was trying to kinda roadblock myself a bit.  I upped the credit check, increased the speech checks to get the passport and I figured I couldn't use the monorail til I'd built up some NCR rep.  Thing is, I totally forgot that simply having Boone in my party gave me free access to it  :wacko:

Using your pack mule -- I mean housecarl -- as a damage sponge makes combat so much easier in Skyrim.  The enemy pounds away at my servant while I shoot them from afar.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)