Revelation Quill Bug

FlowingBits

Question

• What device type are you on? iPad

• What version of the OS are you running?  iOS 10.1.1

What model is the device? iPad Air 2

What is your PFID#? E138B273729C9669

When using the Revelation Quill you can see all five cards for a second as they unfold. Once opened completely the first card which is all the way to the right of the screen falls off and can not be seen or moved. I can only interact with cards 2-5. This has happened every time I have used the card regardless of location or any other factors.

• Like 2

17 answers to this question

Thanks for pointing this out, we'll look into it.

I posted about this same issue 3 days ago, can I take this as confirmation that no-one at Obsidian is bothering to read what I'm posting?

We are a 10 person team working on this game, apologies for the delay. :(

• Like 1

Thanks for pointing this out, we'll look into it.

I posted about this same issue 3 days ago, can I take this as confirmation that no-one at Obsidian is bothering to read what I'm posting?

We are a 10 person team working on this game, apologies for the delay. :(

Sorry, to be clear I don't care about the delay, it's the getting ignored completely, that you've replied to this but not to anything I wrote. I mentioned the time to point out mine was older, but I realise now you're going through all the threads in one go, so which one is a few days older isn't relevant. I'm more bitter really about my previous bug collection thread that's over a month old and still no response.

I do have a lot of words, but it's only because I'm reporting ~20 bugs in the one thread, so it's not as bad value for time as it might look. I'm happy to start a separate short topic for each one but I'd feel like a spammer.

Edited by Irgy

I'm happy to start a separate short topic for each one but I'd feel like a spammer.

I'm a strong advocate of "one bug, one post". It's far easier for everyone to track the conversation on each bug and it doesn't hide the number of issues being reported. The only thing that I would add to that would be to check whether you are reporting a new bug (or at least a new report on the current patch).
  • Like 1

I'm happy to start a separate short topic for each one but I'd feel like a spammer.

It isn't spamming, in my opinion, since each bug is relevant to the forum and relevant to the developers. I agree with mccrispy that ideally a poster should check to see if a bug has been reported and post in the existing thread with the useful information to provide for their own encounter with that bug before starting a new thread.  But if you've found 10 new bugs for the latest release that haven't been reported before, feel free to post ten new threads.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I viewed a location with 5 cards in it recently and a mixed subset of them revealed (I think some on top some on bottom due to a combination of Eagle and a previous Augury), and also found one of the cards off the edge of the screen.

So it's not limited to Revelation Quill, in fact it's probably an existing issue that Revelation Quill is just showing up.

So it's not limited to Revelation Quill, in fact it's probably an existing issue that Revelation Quill is just showing up.

That's probably it.  The UI seems happiest displaying up to three revealed cards on the top or bottom of the location deck.  Anything more and things get... eccentric.  The Quill issue is noticeable because it happens to reveal five all at once.

That's true come to think of it. Generally, you can move the cards around and eventually end up with the one you want, but that doesn't seem possible with the quill. It's irritating and it greatly reduces the value of the card. However, I'm going to keep it in Meri's deck. I want it to work right, but I have faith they'll get it fixed. In the meantime, I'm loving deck 5 even with a couple of glitches.

I feel cold as a razor blade,

tight as a tourniquet,

dry... as a funeral... drum... as it were...

So why haven't we seen reports of issues with Seelah? I regularly have more than 3 cards in my "Examine" pile (Seelah seems to find the Villain at the bottom of the Location Deck, so those boons just keep accumulating at the bottom). I'll keep an eye open for it.

Or is it just the reveal/arrange that causes the issue?

So why haven't we seen reports of issues with Seelah? I regularly have more than 3 cards in my "Examine" pile (Seelah seems to find the Villain at the bottom of the Location Deck, so those boons just keep accumulating at the bottom). I'll keep an eye open for it.

Or is it just the reveal/arrange that causes the issue?

Unsure.  I had it happen with 3 cards on the bottom (Brodert Quink), 1 unknown card in the middle, and an examined card on top, and instead of sorting 3 left, 1 middle, 1 right, it sorted them all to the right.

But it definitely isn't just the Quill.