Game Stuck at 5-3 - can't pick a power

troutman1966

Question

After victory in 5-3 i can't advance because Valeros can't pick a power feat.

This must be because he never selected a role and has no extra power slots. He must have died during the scenario where roles are selected.

Anyway, this story is frozen. He can't select a power and i can't advance to next screen. I can't forfeit and leave the story either.

I have this problem as well. I tried to add the character in question to another party and tried to complete a chapter that let me pick a role, and I was able to do so, but when I went back to the party that was stuck it didn't see the change. So much for that idea.

The "solution" is to wait for the fix. I suspect that it will be in 1.1.5.2 but that it might delay the release of 1.1.5.2. Not that we have a patch schedule to compare against for "delays" :biggrin:

I have been able to work around the linked issue (in quest mode) by going to main menu and trying again, sometimes with a different order of characters to pick powers.

It has taken more than one try.

This may or may not work for you, but I did have to do it 3 or 4 times once when 4 characters earned power feats at the same time.

Quick workaround to this issue:

Go back to main menu, go into Story, delete your party that has the issue (characters are not deleted), create a new party and choose "experienced characters" then just fill out the party with the exact same characters and start. The only progress you lose using this method is the last mission you completed. 

Hope this helps

-Shadow

Go back to main menu, go into Story, delete your party that has the issue (characters are not deleted), create a new party and choose "experienced characters" then just fill out the party with the exact same characters and start. The only progress you lose using this method is the last mission you completed. 

Hope this helps

-Shadow

If you delete a party you won't lose any character progression, but you will lose party progression. While this isn't important in terms of acquiring Feats, it is significant for Heroic and Legendary progress and for the Legendary completion reward. Or that's my understanding and my experience of being forced to delete a party (actually, having a party deleted during an upgrade)

Hope this helps

-Shadow

If you delete a party you won't lose any character progression, but you will lose party progression. While this isn't important in terms of acquiring Feats, it is significant for Heroic and Legendary progress and for the Legendary completion reward. Or that's my understanding and my experience of being forced to delete a party (actually, having a party deleted during an upgrade)

Yes this is true, I should have mentioned that. I suppose having to replay a few heroics isn't that bad since the other choice is not getting to play at all...

Also some people with this issue might not have any heroic or legendary progress at all.

That's incredible... We are a lot stuck with a known bug et creally identify since a month but not fix for that yet (and no information neither)

We have payed for playing et we can't play ! That's very disapointed. Sorry for my bad english but I know that you have understand that I m not happy with your reactivity.

There has been a status update on this bug - just not here in the technical support forum where all the bugs get loggedon the Dev Blog

You might ask, "Flounder, we don't care about that stuff. What about Thessalonion Sins and my missing roles?!" and I would say, "Thessalonion Sins can eat a bag of... chips." We are diligently working on the issues people are experiencing in 5-4. It has been a chain reaction of events internally that have been holding off a fix. We fix one problem and another appears because of the fix. We fix that then a completely different issue arises.

As you know, there are a bunch of special cases in the card game that are a programmatic nightmare on our end but this is a high priority for us.

We have the Roles thing fixed internally so that if there is no reward to select it skips that whole sequence. That will be out on the next release we put out publicly. In the future, we will be doing audits of characters for missing rewards so that this issue will not be able to happen.

Edited by mccrispy