Game Stuck at 5-3 - can't pick a power

troutman1966

Question

After victory in 5-3 i can't advance because Valeros can't pick a power feat.

This must be because he never selected a role and has no extra power slots. He must have died during the scenario where roles are selected.

Anyway, this story is frozen. He can't select a power and i can't advance to next screen. I can't forfeit and leave the story either.

I am having the sMe problem in quest mode, in gets stuck and I can't level up all the heroes powers and move on. Which also means that I can't use quest mode, because it always brings me back to the level up screen when I start over. How can I get past this/when will this be fixed?

I finished the The Halls of Seduction and I can't move past the Power Selection screen.  Valeros has no open slots.  I'm sure this is because he did not earn a role earlier.  Is there a workaround?

What device type are you on? iPad.

What version of the OS are you running? v 10.1.1
What model is the device? iPad Air
What is your PFID#? 2E5EBF0AE72D23EB
Is pass & play if OFF.
Is permadeath OFF.
Tutorial, Story Mode, or Quest Mode? Story Mode - I did not just enter it.
Characters in Party. Valeros, Ezren, Merisirl, Seoni, Harsk, and Kyra
Location of each character - The Halls of Seduction (5-3) ended in Victory
Turn Order - Valeros, Ezren, Merisirl, Seoni, Harsk, and Kyra
Scenario & Scenario Difficulty.  Normal dificulty
What card was encountered when the issue occurred? N/A
Did the issue occur on the first explore or a subsequent explore?  N/A
Did other characters aid the check?  N/A      What did they use to aid it?  N/A
Was the encounter a Horde? N/A

Yes it is very likely connected the problem of not being able to power up two/several characters at the same time. It lets me level up some but not all so I can't push the arrow to move forward. I don't get on these forums much. Do we expect the game administrators to address such problems promptly?

I don't get on these forums much. Do we expect the game administrators to address such problems promptly?

Usually. @Aarik D is the community rep who cruises the forums and writes up the bug reports.  Though, he just finished up a 48 hour charity event (For the Kids!), so who knows if he's awake or alive or something.

Between that and the recent release of Tyranny, the inmates have been running the asylum for a while.  ;)

I don't get on these forums much. Do we expect the game administrators to address such problems promptly?

Short answer to your question: "no". OBS response rate is very variable and generally very low, you should consider this a community support effort. OBS largely just harvest bugs for their lists (which they fill up faster than they clear) and respond directly to issues related to payment and game/content access. Other than that, we're largely on our own.

Morning all....new here, but just completed 5.3, and was on the power upgrade screen.

Sadly the paladin and Valeros already had all available power upgrades and are still sitting there with an explanation mark above their heads.

The blue arrow will not light until those have gone, and there's no way to do it.

Has anyone Elsie had a similar problem please?

Thanks

Chris

• Like 1

Sadly the paladin and Valeros already had all available power upgrades and are still sitting there with an explanation mark above their heads.

Out of curiosity, did you add those characters to a party in-progress?  Did they possibly miss out on a couple scenario rewards?

The only way characters could have all their powers selected by 5.3 is if they did not complete 3.5 Into the Mountains and never selected a role card.  Once a character has a role, they should have more powers available than the number of power feats that RoTR will even award. That is, in normal play, you should still finish the game with a bunch of unchecked powers.

• Like 1

I too am stuck on the victory portion of 5.3. I have no options to choose for merisiel on skills and can't even forfeit since I'm on the victory screen. Please fix this bug and allow characters to pick their roles after they pass a certain point so that even if they died in a particular adventure they can still progress

Sorry pathfinders this is a known issue and we are trying to figure out the best solution here.

What happens is if a character skips picking their role for whatever reason, when they progress far enough so there is no Power Feat available to choose they cannot continue.

Niztael #2405 having the same problem. One of the characters did not complete Into the Mountains (must've died). Didn't think it was such a big deal. Now I'm stuck at the leveling screen after 5-3. Yes we understand the problem, the best solution would be to fix it on the very next update, I just got an update and nothing changed. Still locked onto that screen. I paid for the whole bundle when this game came out and I feel like I'm being treated like a free-to-play gamer. Instead I see you plugging this game on new platforms and you can't even pay attention to the people who first bought the game. Best solution... fix it... tomorrow. Less meetings, more coding.

The problem is that the game allows you to continue, even if you have not made the character role picking. So in this case the game allows gamers to play wrongly and that causes the problem. The solution would be to have a check before scenario, if the all characters have the role card or not. That does not fix the problem with the old characters who allready have been played to the corner, but it would prevent this happening again. Only sensible retrofix would be remove all progress from characters that have get upgrades to the point before They supose to get the role card. And that would be really hard to code... I think that character editor would be the only solution and that would mean manual fixing and that would mean less coding and more meetings (manual tinkering after contacting the customer).

Or Hannibal, the character could be given the role card reward as long as the party succeeded in mission regardless of death. I appreciate anyone who enjoys the current model of business to sell undeveloped software and make it the customers problem.

True, but then it would be different than in the tabletop version and Also why would there be dead in the game at all at that case.

If this would be normal game, devs could just leave out all elements that causes bugs. But this tries to emulate rather complicated card game and it rules. And sometimes it can be real pain in the a**** to get bits to do what They should do.

I think that not allowing to play scenarios above level X if you don't have role card would be the easiest way to fix this problem. But if I am not wrong, there Are Also other rewards based problems that Also need to be fixed.

Sigh... well waiting for some more patches is hte way to go. The dev has managed to fix guite Many of those earlier bugs, so eventually They kill this too...

Hey troutman,

We are still looking into this bug, we hope to have a fix and/or work around for you soon.

My story with Ezren is stuck at the same point too. He also did not complete Into The Mountains. This must be the problem - without a role chosen, they can't pick a new power and proceed.

I believe the problem could be solved very easily by interjecting a check for role at the beginning of the victory session. If no role on every character drop into the pick role routine , then continue in with the victory routine after all eligible characters have chosen a role