Hand size

Taysir

Question

11 answers to this question

Finished adventure 5 and now none of my characters (or any characters) have a check beside their hand size. Which means they have few cards... for example, paladin has 2 cards in her hand. Tried restarting ap, restarting scenarios, etc.

Do all your characters have a hand size of two?  Or is it just Seelah?  The game has a base hand size of 4, so in order to have less, bad information would have to be written into your character's save, or the save file is being read incorrectly.  Have you noticed any other issues?

The reason I ask about Seelah is that her favored card type (Armor) may being inadvertently read as her hand size.    Have you done other things like rename characters lately?

what you mean by "none of my characters (or any characters) have a check beside their hand size". 

When your hand size goes invalid, the "Power" tab in the Character's info screen doesn't render right.  I know from experience   ;)

yD7lcm9.png

Edited by Ethics Gradient

It appears as if the Hand Size power for every character (whether in my existing party or any other party) is not selected. So Seelah has a hand size of 3. Harsk has a hand size of 4. Etc. So everyone has 1 less card than their lowest hand count because they don't have a check box at their lowest hand size level.

It appears as if the Hand Size power for every character (whether in my existing party or any other party) is not selected. So Seelah has a hand size of 3. Harsk has a hand size of 4. Etc. So everyone has 1 less card than their lowest hand count because they don't have a check box at their lowest hand size level.

Oh dang, just remembered that the last update just rolled out a new scenario wildcard.  You didn't happen to recently come across:

Close Quarters: Your hand size is decreased by 1/2/3.

Did you?  If so, would you remember if you may have forfeited the scenario or played it to completion?

Oh dang, just remembered that the last update just rolled out a new scenario wildcard. You didn't happen to recently come across:

Close Quarters: Your hand size is decreased by 1/2/3.

Did you? If so, would you remember if you may have forfeited the scenario or played it to completion?

Same problem here. I forfeited a scenario (which may have had the -1 hand size restriction, but I don't remember) and after that the hand size power is unselected for all of my characters.

Curiously it's also unselected for my thief who have previously upgraded to hand size 6. So her profile just shows hand size 6 (unselected) instead of the starting hand size 5/6 (with 5 selected).

Is there any solution? Or should I start from scratch?

Same problem here. I forfeited a scenario (which may have had the -1 hand size restriction, but I don't remember) and after that the hand size power is unselected for all of my characters.

Curiously it's also unselected for my thief who have previously upgraded to hand size 6. So her profile just shows hand size 6 (unselected) instead of the starting hand size 5/6 (with 5 selected).

Have you tried playing through another scenario?  Assuming it is just leftover effects from the forfeited scenario, it should clear out when you complete another.

As reported above, it doesn't look like the -1 restriction was a permanent modification.  It was just a lingering effect that never properly got wiped out during the forfeit.

Have you tried playing through another scenario?  Assuming it is just leftover effects from the forfeited scenario, it should clear out when you complete another.

As reported above, it doesn't look like the -1 restriction was a permanent modification.  It was just a lingering effect that never properly got wiped out during the forfeit.

I did and it went away! Thank you! Completing the 1st adventure on normal setting got rid of the hand size penalty.

• Like 1

I did and it went away! Thank you! Completing the 1st adventure on normal setting got rid of the hand size penalty.

Neato!  Glad it worked!