Quest level up rewards broken

Atramagus

Question

Device: Android

Model: Moto X Pure

PFID: E522F5AAB96AC91F

VER: 696-20161110

I finished a quest with the Thief (dead), Paladin, Druid, and Sorcerer. The surviving three all hit level 17. According to the rewards list, the Paladin should receive a melee weapon, the Druid should get an animal ally, and the Sorcerer should get a non-animal ally.

The Paladin received a Longbow (ranged weapon), the Druid received Ripnugget and Stickfoot (Technically an animal, but not really an ally. If I can add their bonus to my rolls I'll take it though!) and the Sorcerer received Ilsoari Gandethus (which is what she should have got).

On proceeding to the deck management screen, both the Paladin and the Sorcerer have their rewards, but the Druid lost hers (since it's not a legal card in her deck I'm assuming).

Tried another game later, and even though you can't see Ripnugget and Stickfoot in the deck editor, it sure enough does appear in game. Probably need to find a way to banish it at some point, but it's pretty funny for now ^_^

I hope this helps! (Tried to add a screenshot, but it was too large and reducing the file size made it too blurry).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3O3CXNYmjNqdnpGTzZ1Y2hmb0U/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3O3CXNYmjNqWG9lSm5vREpraE0/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3O3CXNYmjNqcWxsZU90Q3FTdVU/view?usp=sharing

Edit: Stickfoot, not Sticks :p

Edit: Additional information, and added screenshots to opening post.

Edited by Atramagus
  • Like 1

14 answers to this question

... but the Druid lost hers (since it's not a legal card in her deck I'm assuming).

Although the character data structures are technically able to hold non-boon cards (like Villains or Locations), they're set to a max of 0.  Seems like there's nothing cleaning non-legal cards up after-the-fact though.  Once it's in your hand, its yours!

Anyway, being rewarded a villain card is pretty special.  I wonder if I can dig up some info on how that might have happened...

Edited by Ethics Gradient

I'm guessing that it has something to do with that specific check. It seems everyone is supposed to get something that's character appropriate at level 17, and so it's searching through cards with the "Animal" trait, and somehow the rest of the search parameters are getting dropped. So it goes through all the cards, pulls them into an array that contains only cards with "Animal" as a trait, then gives a random one there. It's also only supposed to pull from the ally deck, but somehow that restriction is being ignored.

Very interested to see what the actual problem is :)

Well, actually....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3O3CXNYmjNqcWxsZU90Q3FTdVU/view?usp=sharing

No in-game effect for some reason :p

Hah.  That's super special!  I stand corrected.  

Though, after you're done playing around with it, I'd find a way to banish the card ASAP.  Should you ever replay a scenario where Ripnugget/Stickfoot is the villain,... I have no idea what will happen other than the game probably being tremendously upset. :)

Edit: The Ripnugget villain card is the only villain card with the animal trait.  Who wants to bet that the Lini's Quest reward logic looks something like: All(animal) - Monster(animal) = Animal Rewards

Nice! I have heard only one another case where player did get monster card to his deck. It was a while ago, so definitely not this update.

Patrig would be happy to consume this unsuspedted "boon" ;)

There Are several heroes who can use monsters in their deck so maybe this has something to do with them? Who knows... but nice reward in anyway!

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

Yep. Went ahead and found a place to banish the card. Amusingly enough, it was on a scenario with Ripnugget and Stickfoot. Didn't seem to break anything (any further :p )^_^ 

Glad to hear it didn't break your game!  

Card-wise, each copy of the villain should have had a unique ID to keep them from getting mixed up, but nonetheless.., I can think of a handful of ways the scenario could potentially go bonkers if you have illegal cards in your hand.

As an FYI, it's apparently not just bosses. Just hit 24 with Lini, she got another animal ally. And her ally? The Goblin Dog. Time to do another quest that lets me banish cards...

The sorcerer was supposed to get a magic item (not a weapon, an item) and got a Shortsword +1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3O3CXNYmjNqNG5qeW1xNmZwaUU/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3O3CXNYmjNqYmc2aXhXaDBTVUU/view?usp=sharing

As an FYI, it's apparently not just bosses. Just hit 24 with Lini, she got another animal ally. And her ally? The Goblin Dog. Time to do another quest that lets me banish cards...

This looks like a cool bug!  The only thing I can think is that there's some weird condition pushing requirements to become exclusions.

That would explain things like:

Weapon (Ranged) -->> Weapon (Not-Ranged) = Melee Weapon

Ally (Animal) -->> Not-Ally(Animal) = Animal Monster/Villain/Henchman

Item (Magic) -->> Not-Item (Magic) = Magic Weapon/Shield/Spell

Time to roll up some Linis and see if this happens 100% of the time or what. ;)

• Like 1